5.5 Magnitude earthquake in Pecos just now

High Plains Drifter

I'm about 100 miles from pecos and it was pretty strong here. entire building shook, windows rattled. People were yelling.

edit: probably lasted about 5 seconds or so. Long enough for me to walk over to the window, and then out into the hallway.

8 minutes ago, Js1 said:

That’s an angry looking butthole 

well, I mean, it is Pecos.

Edited by High Plains Drifter
  • Hook 'Em 2

I worked on a project in LA for a few weeks many years ago.  They had a minor (by their standards, not mine) quake on my second day there.  Lots of snickering about the badass Texas guy who probably overreacted a little bit when the building started shimmying and shaking.

Edited by conVINCEd

13 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

I worked on a project in LA for a few weeks many years ago.  They had a minor (by their standards, not mine) quake on my second day there.  Lots of snickering about the badass Texas guy who probably overreacted a little bit when the building started shimmying and shaking.

Who was the badass Texas guy?  Did you ever meet him?

• Haha 4
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, kevwun said:

We've had small earthquakes where I live and a nearby fracking holding pond is currently in the process of draining my water well.  I have no doubt what the cause of the problems in my area is.

Yeah but think of all the profits those oil barons can realize! What's a negative externality?

5 hours ago, kevwun said:

Drilling that drains water wells and causes earthquakes is a really good idea.

Nothing to do with it. 

4 hours ago, kevwun said:

We've had small earthquakes where I live and a nearby fracking holding pond is currently in the process of draining my water well.  I have no doubt what the cause of the problems in my area is.

You actually have no idea. 

3 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Injection wells are a bitch 

Bingo. 

3 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

We’re all having fun here, but as an earthquake virgin, I was on the 40th floor of an office building, and peoples drinks started sliding off of the conference table.

I'm pretty sure I would have reacted like this.

George Costanza Fire GIF

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1