Visual Look of Minnesota Vikings Announcer's End of Game Call of Vikings/Bills

Vic Mackey

Paul Allen is the worst radio PBP guy in the NFL. He has had several viral moments over the last 20 years, but over the course of the whole game he's horrible to listen to. His problem is that he tries to make every single play a viral moment. 

Some years ago our group was driving home from a road game, and we were alternating between PA and Wayne Laravee and the Packers radio broadcast. The difference in professionalism was shocking. I've listened to the Cowboys radio crew a few times, and they're not 

The only time you know the score/time/down/distance is at the commercial breaks.

Here is one of PA's first viral moments that he's been recovering from for the last 20 years.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, GopherRock said:

Paul Allen is the worst radio PBP guy in the NFL. He has had several viral moments over the last 20 years, but over the course of the whole game he's horrible to listen to. His problem is that he tries to make every single play a viral moment. 

Some years ago our group was driving home from a road game, and we were alternating between PA and Wayne Laravee and the Packers radio broadcast. The difference in professionalism was shocking. I've listened to the Cowboys radio crew a few times, and they're not 

The only time you know the score/time/down/distance is at the commercial breaks.

Here is one of PA's first viral moments that he's been recovering from for the last 20 years.

I gotta disagree there...that was pretty awesome The guy was devastated that his team got their heart ripped out. He works for the Vikings, he's supposed to want them to win. You don't have to wonder if he gives a shit or not

3 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

PA is great on the call lol.

I think the best part is you can hear the sigh of relief coming from color man Pete Bercich the moment after the Vikings kicked the OT field goal.

Pete had zero confidence it was going to go in, same with all of us Vikings fans.

Pete hates kickers as much as Zimmer does.

There's no doubt in my mind that if Zimmer was still the coach, Joseph misses the OT kick.

15 minutes ago, GopherRock said:

WHAAAA???

Out farming, I listen to as many Vikings games as I watch, and I freaking love PA.  He's an entertaining homer with a unique style.  If I wanted professionalism, I'd listen to some boring ass neutral broadcast.

My only criticism of PA is that he sometimes makes the opposing teams good plays sound positive.

6 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

We’d also be 3-6…maybe 2-7 haha

Yup.  I was a Zim guy for a long time, but was ready to see him off, and you can't argue that there's been a massive improvement in team chemistry, culture, and results with KOC.

This Vikings squad is single handedly keeping me out of the depths of sports related depression.

I'm a longtime Vikings fan.  PA sometimes crosses the line between being a Vikings homer (which is okay) and being a buffoon.  I can take him in modest doses, but listening to an entire game of his p-b-p is a beating, and that's coming from someone who bleeds Vikings purple.   

Edited by Carl Spackler

I don't really care about the Vikings at all, but one cool thing from that video is how both he and the color guy are standing, not next to each other, and are sort of interspersed with other folks in the booth.  Like their friend had a box for the game that weekend and they decided to call the game in between trips to the buffet line.  I always pictured the guys in suits sitting together behind a desk.  

4 hours ago, GopherRock said:

I was listening to this game on the radio driving back from NM.  Announcers are supposed to be homerish, that's fine, but he was just an absolute over-the-top fanboy assclown the whole game, to the point that it was difficult to figure out what had happened, especially when Buffalo did something good.   And the game was apparently an epic screwjob by the refs to ensure that Buffalo won.  There is less whining on the Fuck Big 12 Refs thread.

• Haha 1