4 Loko...a stumble down memory lane

Kyrie Eleison

23 minutes ago, Spaulding Smails said:

When I was in my mid 20s (circa 2006), I went with a buddy to his deer lease out near Sonora.  On the way out there, we stopped and picked up beer.  And, we decided to grab some 4Loko.  Like three each.  We cracked them open when we turned off paved road for the 30 min drive to the camp.  I don't think either of us finished drinking the first one.  Dumped them out and went back to beer. 

Fast forward to the next evening, and I remember going to the cooler to grab a beer after the evening hunt and noticed the remaining four 4Lokos were gone.  Come to find out, one of the other hunter's 16 year old kid had raided our cooler, snagged all four, and proceeded to get absolutely obliterated while we were all out hunting.  I thought we were going to have to take that poor bastard to the ER.  He was speaking in tongues, ripping off clothes, etc.  Had I not known, I would've sworn he was on PCP.

he was...

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, blacklab said:

People that don't believe in time travel have never drank OG 4loko.

was it @hopkinsnhorns that went to bed and woke up in jail and had no recollection of anything that happened?

classic story. I remember the cati tailgate had that crazy concoction of 4loko, vodka, pinapple juice, oj, and I don't know what else that they'd pour down the ice block. I don't really remember the game but remember waking up on a couch with my heart racing at 2am.

22 minutes ago, blacklab said:

People that don't believe in time travel have never drank OG 4loko.

was it @hopkinsnhorns that went to bed and woke up in jail and had no recollection of anything that happened?

Yep. That was he. I think he tried to start a motorcycle as well.

Had a 4loko night at @NorthLoop s house with Radical Larry about 8 years ago I think. There are pics on an old phone. Hope I can find them.

• 2 weeks later...

Post ban in WA, a friend sent his intern to Idaho with $500 and told him to bring back all the Loko possible. He came back that Friday around midnight with a couple cases and walked right into our ongoing party.

I recall not a thing from a moment thereafter, but the pictures highlight an absolutely insane weekend.

Loko: I miss you… I hate you… you were the most dangerous temptress

classic story. I remember the cati tailgate had that crazy concoction of 4loko, vodka, pinapple juice, oj, and I don't know what else that they'd pour down the ice block. I don't really remember the game but remember waking up on a couch with my heart racing at 2am.

Good lord, the 4 loko mixture on the ice block was a mess. Throw in scottsins’ Jager machine, and I don’t know how the hell someone didn’t end up in the hospital.

Yep. That was he. I think he tried to start a motorcycle as well.
Had a 4loko night at [mention=278]NorthLoop[/mention] s house with Radical Larry about 8 years ago I think. There are pics on an old phone. Hope I can find them.

I remember that one too. Had them lined up on his coffee table.

40 minutes ago, Radical Larry said:

Good lord, the 4 loko mixture on the ice block was a mess. Throw in scottsins’ Jager machine, and I don’t know how the hell someone didn’t end up in the hospital.

One poster did, can't remember who. I think it was just dehydration though 

I have 2 OG 4Lokos in my fridge right now, "gifted" to me by erhine like 4 years ago before the original recipe became illegal, or frowned upon. I'm awaiting the perfect opportunity to crack them open.

Narrator: there is no perfect time.

Mez: fuck around and find out, Narrator. 

Edited by Mez2
Gram her

16 hours ago, burntorangebongos said:

taurine is the other thing. The mix of guarana and taurine was like mega-caffeination. Like if someone poured an energy drink into something with wine's alcohol content. 

Or like doing a rail and then shotgunning 5 beers in a row. That's about what it was like drinking the first 2 lokos. Drinking the 3rd one was like that scene in Die Hard with a Vengeance where McClane wears that racist sign in Harlem. It gets ugly quick. 

• Like 1

On 12/1/2022 at 10:53 PM, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Four years is a little on the thin side of when the OGs got nuked. 

Ok, didn't know we were actually caring about message board posts on 4loko.

Actually,  it was 9 years ago!

At some point in time and actually 2017, this was the display I ran into in Costa Rica at one of the local grocery stores.  I’m pretty sure that was just after it had been banned here in the U.S. I wanted to tell them not to sell/drink it. I didn’t say a word.

image.jpeg

Edited by justhookit
  • Hook 'Em 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...