SMU at Tulane 11.17.22 on ESPN right about now

Bullneck

3 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

Is Manny Diaz coaching SMU special teams?

Thursday night mAACtion looks like some type of Manny _iaz kickoff classic

this Tulane offense looks like the SMU offense from earlier in the season and the SMU defense just looks like shit

back when June Jones coaches SMU they would usually fade late in the season (and some games after halftime) and I always thought that was lack of depth and the team getting worn out and June probably worn out from being old

then with Sonny Dykes it was the same....now Sonny is not doing that at TCU, but SMU is still doing it.....maybe all the coke gets snorted up at the start of the season or before the half and out at the BLVD tailgate and there is none left for after halftime or late in the season

10 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

SMU's D is so fucking worthless.

They don't seem to be good at anything on offense or defense.

AT this point they'd be lucky to get to halftime only down 28-14 (meaning SMU better score on this drive).

Tulane ain't half bad, though.

15 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

then with Sonny Dykes it was the same....now Sonny is not doing that at TCU, but SMU is still doing it.....maybe all the coke gets snorted up at the start of the season or before the half and out at the BLVD tailgate and there is none left for after halftime or late in the season

Meh. We haven't been great at any point this season. 

You are right that it was an issue under Dykes for whatever reason. 

if SMU plays like this next game and in a bowl game if I was the AD I would seriously look around and think about what coaching options are out there.....this is just completely falling apart with a ton of talent

and IK that is a ridiculous take giving a new coach with no prior HC experience a single year, but SMU should not be doing shit like this at this point in the season with this talent level.....it looks that fucking bad to me

• Hook 'Em 1

49 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

the Rhett Lashlee era at SMU is starting to look like Kevin Steele at Baylor.....it was all there to win some games, but just continual fuck ups prevent wins 

4 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

if SMU plays like this next game and in a bowl game if I was the AD I would seriously look around and think about what coaching options are out there.....this is just completely falling apart with a ton of talent

and IK that is a ridiculous take giving a new coach with no prior HC experience a single year, but SMU should not be doing shit like this at this point in the season with this talent level.....it looks that fucking bad to me

SMU is going to miss Sonny Dykes.

Edited by Bullneck

6 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

Not sure why they didn't go after Traylor...

8 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Not sure why they didn't go after Traylor...

there must have been something there where he turned them down.....right now when you can make $2,800,000 even at a low level program and be given a long leash you do not make a jump to another place with 3 year expectations......you believe in yourself enough to wait for the place with $5 to $6 million a year and 4 or 5 years guaranteed

11 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

SMU is going to miss Sonny Dykes.

I liked Sonny a lot and thought SMU got a steal on him, but his late season fades were always a question to me

having said that the way he was treated at Cal (they are probably really missing him now) and with his legacy of family coaching knowledge he seems to understand the idea of "the right fit" and apparently for him SMU was not it long term (even though all things from the outside looked like it was/should have been)......even more so he took over for Patterson and that massive legacy and all those expectations.....he had a lot of balls to make that jump and I am still pretty surprised it worked so well for him.....now I am wondering what might be up at SMU 

Edited by ButtFumble

2 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

there must have been something there where he turned them down.....right now when you can make $2,800,000 even at a low level program and be given a long leash you do not make a jump to another place with 3 year expectations......you believe in yourself enough to wait for the place with $5 to $6 million a year and 4 or 5 years guaranteed

I liked Sonny a lot and thought SMU got a steal on him, but his late season fades were always a question to me

having said that the way he was treated at Cal (they are probably really missing him now) and with his legacy of family coaching knowledge he seems to understand the idea of "the right fit" and apparently for him SMU was not it long term (even though all things from the outside looked like it was/should have been)......even more so he took over for Patterson and that massive legacy and all those expectations.....he had a lot of balls to make that jump and I am still pretty surprised it worked so well for him.....now I am wondering what might be up at SMU 

He had the benefit of spending a year at TCU so he knew what he was getting into.  It was a no brainer for him as TCU is an infinitely better spot than SMU by all measures.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, tx ind said:

He had the benefit of spending a year at TCU so he knew what he was getting into.  It was a no brainer for him as TCU is an infinitely better spot than SMU by all measures.

good point I had forgotten that

even without that I am sure he had some idea of what he was getting into, but having been there a year he probably had good insight on how things were falling apart with Patterson and how it could be different for him