$C @ UCLA- the battle for the Victory Bell.

Sbbruin

Just now, Hagbard Celine said:

kelly

dykes

and now

lincolndicks

all prove it can be done in less than 1 year

but i'm still about the 5-year plan

Agreed, it’s frustrating. But to be fair, Sark would probably look way better if we played in the PAC lol. 

Texas strength of schedule: #3

USC strength of schedule: #43

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, NashLonghorn said:

That would be awesome 😎 

I suppose it would be equally fun if UGA somehow get left out of that and a two loss LSU went in instead of UGA and USC gets in and then TCU knocks their dicks in the dirt and cements the "big game Lincoln" legacy in two conferences

listening to aggy and UGA cry that UGA got screwed for a shitty PAC 12 team that got stomped by a BDF team would be really great

Edited by ButtFumble
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ATXhorn17 said:

Agreed, it’s frustrating. But to be fair, Sark would probably look way better if we played in the PAC lol. 

And SC has a pretty fair number of one-score wins over unranked opponents, for all that offense.  It's probably going to matter less in the P12, but the Riley-Grinch show seems to be on track to duplicate blOwU prior to his departure.

• Hook 'Em 2

23 minutes ago, ATXhorn17 said:

Sark was mediocre in the Pac 12 long before he was mediocre in the Big 12, remember where he earned his nickname?

16 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

And SC has a pretty fair number of one-score wins over unranked opponents, for all that offense.  It's probably going to matter less in the P12, but the Riley-Grinch show seems to be on track to duplicate blOwU prior to his departure.

Arizona and Cal went down as one score games but USC kept them both at arm's length.  It never once felt like they had a chance to win and each game ended with USC kneeling deep in offensive territory.  Also Arizona has a pretty good QB as anyone who watched them knock off UCLA last week saw, they aren't a Colorado-level team.  USC also played those two games with several key injuries on both sides of the ball.  Oregon State, Utah and UCLA are the only toss up games USC has played where either team could have won.

6 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

That is the point. Neither osu or michigan have played a team worth a shit in 3 months.

I did not realize how shittastic their schedules were until I looked today

they share a massively overrated Ped State (the only ranked team for Michigan) and Ohio State has the ND season opener win (season opener and brand new coach from a team that was abandoned by Kelly).....the Michigan OOC was especially brutally bad

10 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

I did not realize how shittastic their schedules were until I looked today

they share a massively overrated Ped State (the only ranked team for Michigan) and Ohio State has the ND season opener win (season opener and brand new coach from a team that was abandoned by Kelly).....the Michigan OOC was especially brutally bad

Big 10 finally figured out the SEC scheduling. Penn State has played two good teams all season and both beat the shit out of them.

• Like 1

I felt like the first team to get a stop in those final minutes would be the winner. Obviously that was wrong. Charbonnet being held under 100 was significant, but UCLA has had big trouble on its OL.  Everyone talks about these offenses, but it really came down to two teams with poor defenses needing their D to make a big play. That was the game. 

11 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

That is the point. Neither osu or michigan have played a team worth a shit in 3 months.

As opposed to whom else? If that’s true than neither has TCU. Where Ohio State is concerned, Penn State and Notre Dame are both ranked higher than anyone on TCU’s schedule. Michigan also has a win against PSU. One of them will add a win against a top 5 team to their resume next weekend. No one else with playoff hopes can do that.

ND @ USC next weekend might be shaping up to be a great game. The Irish beat #4 Clemson at home and they’ve been rolling since.

Edited by WhatTheBuck

2 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

As opposed to whom else? If that’s true than neither has TCU. Where Ohio State is concerned, Penn State and Notre Dame are both ranked higher than anyone on TCU’s schedule. Michigan also has a win against PSU. One of them will add a win against a top 5 team to their resume next weekend. No one else with playoff hopes can do that.

ND @ USC next weekend might be shaping up to be a great game. The Irish beat #4 Clemson at home and they’ve been rolling since.

For a playoff hopeful, Ohio State's and Michigan's schedules are easier than TCU's.  It's the exact same thing teams like Cincinnati and UCF get dinged for when they go undefeated.  Playing 9-10 garbage teams with zero hope of beating you where you only have to get up for a couple games per year is easier than playing 9-10 scrappy teams that can beat anyone on any given Saturday, even if none of them are top 5 teams.  If I was tasked with comparing TCU to Michigan/Ohio State in front of the committee I'd point out the last place Big 12 team won on the road over the probable B1G West champion (Iowa State over Iowa) as proof there are no bye weeks in the Big 12 like there are in the B1G when you play anybody not named Michigan, Ohio State or Penn State.  Michigan State falling off a cliff and the West being a joke has really hurt the B1G this year.  Michigan canceling their series with UCLA so they can play 3 high schools also needs to be held against them by the committee, that kind of pussy behavior is bad for the sport.

As for the Domers my main concern is a hangover effect for USC following the dramatic win last night.  If USC shows up ready to play they should win.  Offensively Notre Dame is inferior to UCLA.  Defensively they have feasted on some real horrid offenses, and I'm including Clemson in that because Uiagalelei is a bust.  They haven't played a passing game worth a shit since September.  Playing against Caleb Williams and his receivers will be a different ballgame than what they have seen in their current winning streak against Boston College, Navy, Clemson, Syracuse and UNLV.

5 hours ago, CurlyDumps said:

Not sure why you guys had such a hard on for SC losing this game. Just think of all the sooner mouth breathers with itchy trigger fingers who were desperately waiting to smear their feces all over social media with "Lincoln sucks!" tweets.

I was rooting against USC because I feel like they are essentially Oklahoma.  However, you bring up a great point.  How funny would it be to see USC win the playoffs and watch the sooner fanbase implode?

33 minutes ago, Trojan Man said:

For a playoff hopeful, Ohio State's and Michigan's schedules are easier than TCU's.  It's the exact same thing teams like Cincinnati and UCF get dinged for when they go undefeated.  Playing 9-10 garbage teams with zero hope of beating you where you only have to get up for a couple games per year is easier than playing 9-10 scrappy teams that can beat anyone on any given Saturday, even if none of them are top 5 teams.  If I was tasked with comparing TCU to Michigan/Ohio State in front of the committee I'd point out the last place Big 12 team won on the road over the probable B1G West champion (Iowa State over Iowa) as proof there are no bye weeks in the Big 12 like there are in the B1G when you play anybody not named Michigan, Ohio State or Penn State.  Michigan State falling off a cliff and the West being a joke has really hurt the B1G this year.  Michigan canceling their series with UCLA so they can play 3 high schools also needs to be held against them by the committee, that kind of pussy behavior is bad for the sport.

As for the Domers my main concern is a hangover effect for USC following the dramatic win last night.  If USC shows up ready to play they should win.  Offensively Notre Dame is inferior to UCLA.  Defensively they have feasted on some real horrid offenses, and I'm including Clemson in that because Uiagalelei is a bust.  They haven't played a passing game worth a shit since September.  Playing against Caleb Williams and his receivers will be a different ballgame than what they have seen in their current winning streak against Boston College, Navy, Clemson, Syracuse and UNLV.

Looking forward to you in 2024 claiming the strength of your Big 10 schedule gauntlet 

• Haha 3

31 minutes ago, Horn Dogg said:

I was rooting against USC because I feel like they are essentially Oklahoma.  However, you bring up a great point.  How funny would it be to see USC win the playoffs and watch the sooner fanbase implode?

It will be especially funny as Riley is what they point to as being the reason they suck so badly. Yeah, he had a huge hand in it by taking some of your high profile players away but maybe you also didn't actually get the right replacement hire done correctly. Sucks doesn't it?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Trojan Man said:

Lol. Bartender, I’ll have whatever this guy is having.

Yes, the illustrious Matt Campbell’s first win over Kirk Ferentz in 7 tries is a sure sign that the Big 12 is superior to the Big Ten, rankings be damned. Good lord.

Of course you would know, Trojan man, running the gauntlet through the formidable Pac-12, where defense is an afterthought and playoff berths rare. Where the mighty Trojans have but one loss, to Utah, who has the same record as and is ranked right next to Kansas State, the most highly ranked team on TCU’s schedule. But no, ISU beat Iowa so that settles it. And obviously Cincinnati from the AAC getting into the playoff last year is relevant somehow. That means the Big Ten is weak? Mmmokay. Whatever you say, chief. 

9 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Lol. Bartender, I’ll have whatever this guy is having.

Yes, the illustrious Matt Campbell’s first win over Kirk Ferentz in 7 tries is a sure sign that the Big 12 is superior to the Big Ten, rankings be damned. Good lord.

Of course you would know, Trojan man, running the gauntlet through the formidable Pac-12, where defense is an afterthought and playoff berths rare. Where the mighty Trojans have but one loss, to Utah, who has the same record as and is ranked right next to Kansas State, the most highly ranked team on TCU’s schedule. But no, ISU beat Iowa so that settles it. And obviously Cincinnati from the AAC getting into the playoff last year is relevant somehow. That means the Big Ten is weak? Mmmokay. Whatever you say, chief. 

If we're digging up past results to inform this year's decisions lets revisit how Ohio State's defense fared against Pac 12 offenses in 2021.  Ohio State gave up a combined 80 points and 495 rushing yards in their two games against Pac 12 teams last year.  Turns out it's harder to play defense against teams that aim to score more than 17 points a game and are led by QBs who can throw the ball farther than 10 yards, both of which are rarities in the B1G.  Who knows how good the defense for Ohio State or Michigan really is this year since the best QB either one has played so far is Sean Clifford.  He wouldn't be a top 5 QB in the Pac 12 (Williams, Penix, Nix, DTR and de Laura are all better).

The B1G is terrible this year and whoever loses next week between Michigan/Ohio State should not be considered for the CFP at all unless there is chaos everywhere else.  The middle and bottom of the B1G this year is atrocious.  If Michigan and Ohio State played their letdown games against middling Big 12 or Pac 12 teams yesterday instead of Illinois and Maryland they would have lost.  The analogous teams in the standings are Baylor and Washington State, both of whom are better than Illinois and Maryland.  This is the point I was getting at comparing TCU's schedule to Ohio State's/Michigan's.  The B1G schedule is stronger at the very top.  TCU doesn't play any one opponent who will match Ohio State or Michigan.  The Big 12 schedule is stronger week to week, meaning there are more risks to slip up on TCU's schedule.  TCU's last place conference opponent beat the probable B1G West champion and 80% of Big 12 teams are bowl-eligible compared to 64% of B1G teams (71% if Michigan State upsets Penn State).