TCU - Baylor

Surly Bevo

2 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

TCU is who we thought they were. They belong nowhere near the playoff. One loss Tennessee should get in over them. They would absolutely skull fuck this shitty squad led by scrub ass Max Doogan.

100%. I have several hard-core TCU homers who I used to work with and they've been saying for weeks that they weren't that good.

1 minute ago, Surly Bevo said:

That's not a catchable ball....but goggles.

That was a terrible call.

Do they ever rule a ball uncatchable anymore? I don’t think I’ve seen it yet this year. I’ve seen PI called numerous times where the ball was nowhere near catchable. Iv’e seen my team benefit by such a call. It seems like they’ve stopped taking that into consideration and are just calling everything PI.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

TCU is who we thought they were. They belong nowhere near the playoff. One loss Tennessee should get in over them. They would absolutely skull fuck this shitty squad led by scrub ass Max Doogan.

Baylor is as hyped as ever, at home, already showing multiple looks on the ground, with TCU struggling to stop the run, and it’s still 14-14? Yeah, bad take. 

Are they NC material? Probably not. But not shitty and Duggan isn’t a “scrub ass”.

Edited by sasquatch69
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, sasquatch69 said:

Baylor is as hyped as ever, at home, already showing multiple looks on the ground, with TCU struggling to stop the run, and it’s still 14-14? Yeah, bad take. 

They beat Kansas by 7 fucking points you moron. And had to hurt their starting QB to even squeak that out. They aren't a top 4 team.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Do they ever rule a ball uncatchable anymore? I don’t think I’ve seen it yet this year. I’ve seen PI called numerous times where the ball was nowhere near catchable. Iv’e seen my team benefit by such a call. It seems like they’ve stopped taking that into consideration and are just calling everything PI.

Good. I hate that rule. I love when the announcers say that the ball landed five yards out of bounds, ignoring any facet of trajectory. 

So shockingly TCU is back to actually missing a tackle here or there, there are no weird penalty calls, and Baylor is super hyped and yet the TCU O is still doing what they want in the air...

Its almost like TCU is somewhat good and are hard t o beat when they get the calls.

Not sure why the fuck we never tried to ever run outside on TCU, but that is a different set of complaints

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

So Baylor managed to score 14 against this impenetrable defense that no play calling could possibly score points against? Ok cool, hook’em.

Yeah, but it's not a fair comparison because we don't have Baylor's athletes, plus it takes 4 years for a new coach to build a winner at Texas even though TCU, LSU, and USC can do it immediately, etc.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

Yeah, but it's not a fair comparison because we don't have Baylor's athletes, plus it takes 4 years for a new coach to build a winner at Texas even though TCU, LSU, and USC can do it immediately, etc.

Yep. You can’t just waltz into a P5 school in your first or second year and dominate. And if you should happen to have success in year 1-2 it’s only because your players were inappropriately ranked.