Texas at kansas - 2:30pm on FS1

Pancho

2 minutes ago, DaysOff said:

So you're saying that shit dick loss to tech is coming back to haunt us?

Or the second half collapse against OSU.

But we knew those were devastating losses at the time.

Still beat Baylor and we get a miracle win by Kansas and none of that shit matters. That's a better scenario than we usually have going into the last game of the season.

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

Or the second half collapse against OSU.

But we knew those were devastating losses at the time.

Still beat Baylor and we get a miracle win by Kansas and none of that shit matters. That's a better scenario than we usually have going into the last game of the season.

Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

31 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Pull that post up. I wanna see who said that. 

Actually, I didn't say that, per se.

I used KUs star ratings, as the recruiting cellar dweller, to point out how the talent in the BigXII is concentrated in 3 and 4 stars, which is, of course, absolutely true.

And, for the Big XII teams not OU or Texas, the balance of 3 and 4s is actually more similar than different.

To me, that puts an awful lot of emphasis on the difference between 3 and 4 stars, which I suspect often comes down more to actual roster composition and experience than star rating, and development.

• Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Don’t think Okie St matters.  Just K State loss and us beating Baylor and then we get to ruin TCU’s undefeated season.

I'm confused.  How is Ok St out?  We both have 3 losses and they have the tie-breaker over us (although they're currently being throttled by OU suck 28-0 in the 1st qtr).  Why are they excluded already?

Great win. Did what we were supposed to against a shitty opponent. I can enjoy this win while being angry that everything we did today was not evident in the losses we've taken this year. But learn from this shit and stop trying to shove square pegs into round holes. 

• Hook 'Em 8

5 minutes ago, Hairy Biped said:

I'm confused.  How is Ok St out?  We both have 3 losses and they have the tie-breaker over us (although they're currently being throttled by OU suck 28-0 in the 1st qtr).  Why are they excluded already?

Since KSU beat WV, the best OSU can hope for is a three way tie. Apparently in that scenario Texas wins the tie breaker.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Hairy Biped said:

Ok st isn't out, but it needs ksu to lose and us to lose. If ksu wins, it goes. If ksu loses and we win, we go (three way tie break).  Actually, I guess in the scenario it loses to ksu. So, yeah OSU is out. Don't get throttled by 40+ is the lesson. 

Edited by Dahobbs

13 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Ok st isn't out, but it needs ksu to lose and us to lose. If ksu wins, it goes. If ksu loses and we win, we go (three way tie break).  Actually, I guess in the scenario it loses to ksu. So, yeah OSU is out. Don't get throttled by 40+ is the lesson. 

If we lose, K-State is in. OSU was eliminated when K-State won today.

The game plan clearly did not involve Ewers.  12/21 for just over a hundy while the rushers eclipse 400…

Seems to me the game plan involved Ewers not needing to be a hero and to play a team game. Solid plan. Let’s see if they can do something smart for 2 weeks in a row.
  • Hook 'Em 2

12 hours ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Yeah OK St is out. KSU has to lose, which I don’t see happening with that shitty KU run defense 

Be happy it's a rivalry game.

KU has sucked for a long time, and finally do not (despite the outcome of our game, this is the best team they've had since Mangino).

They say in these rivalry games, usually the team who wants it more wins.  I could see that being KU this year.

Not that I'm trying to rationalize to myself how this happens or anything.

FUCK YOU SARK. ALL GAS NO BRAKS MY GALDAMNED ASS.  COULD HAVE  GOTTEN BJ 300+ YARDS AND ANOTHER TD.
But noooo let's start COASTING in the 3rd. No brakes my motherfucking ass. Should have score over 60.
Dickhead, you don't want to win games, or just win them big, you want to steal your opponents very soul so the next time you face them they are already mentally damaged.
You robbed BJ tonight you fucking coward.
If you've noticed...every time Bijan has a huge game the next one is pretty lackluster, and this one coming up is on a short week. But yeah, he still had some gas in the tank when he was pulled.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Be happy it's a rivalry game.
KU has sucked for a long time, and finally do not (despite the outcome of our game, this is the best team they've had since Mangino).
They say in these rivalry games, usually the team who wants it more wins.  I could see that being KU this year.
Not that I'm trying to rationalize to myself how this happens or anything.

It could happen. The main hope I have is that Jaylon Daniels, who just returned from injury against us, works the rest of the rust off this week and comes out slinging all over the wildcats. He was pretty limited against us, forced to throw because we were scoring at will, and clearly not the pre-injury Daniels. Maybe that changes with another week of practice.

First, we have to beat baylor for it to have any impact.
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Both Tacos said:

Unfortunately had to miss the game live as I was coaching my girl's basketball team in a tourney but brought up the YouTube game highlights.
He'll of a day for the running game but not a single....NOT ONE f'ing highlight of a pass. Did we even throw????

Yes, a handful but none of them well. We aren't beating anybody right now if we have to throw the ball.

Ewers threw a great pass over the middle to Worthy, threading the ball right into his hands….and another good pass to Jordan…there were others, but yes, the emphasis was on the running game, taking advantage of their inability to stop the run…..will have to be adjusted against Baylor…we won’t be able to run like that.