Kansas vs ksu. Sunflower state showdown

closetohumping

1 minute ago, tbone_ said:

Other than the obvious Texas angle, it’s fucking stupid to make a 9-0 team in conference to play a team with 2/3 conf losses in a single do or die game to win the championship.

Ok rant over. Now go Jayhawks.

The lack of a conference title game kept TCU out of the playoff in 2014. That's the entire reason we have the CCG.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

Other than the obvious Texas angle, it’s fucking stupid to make a 9-0 team in conference to play a team with 2/3 conf losses in a single do or die game to win the championship.

The fact a 10 team round robin conference has a championship game at all is fucking regarded. But they only have it because of the 2014 fiasco when they named both TCU and Baylor as co champs and the committee laughed at them and chose neither. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

Besides the fact that all teams play each other, is it any worse than 12-0 Michigan playing 8-4 Perdue for a conference title?

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

The lack of a conference title game kept TCU out of the playoff in 2014. That's the entire reason we have the CCG.

Nope. The Big 12 didn't have a tiebreak rule - so tcu and baylor had the same record and were "co champs" even though tcu lost to baylor.

The Big 12 fixed that stupid shit by the next season.

Edited by redswingline

Listen, I love a good conspiracy theory as much as the next guy, but I think what I’m reading here from a group of you guys is that you expect the Big 12 to “fuck Texas” via having the refs in the KU/KSU game throw the game in KSU’s favor? That is some next level paranoia. I guess I’m here for it. 

I’m pretty sure that’s the prevailing opinion on this board.

12 on Kansas really owned K State on that possession lol