Kansas vs ksu. Sunflower state showdown

closetohumping

6 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

This Kansas state team is going to get throttled by TCU.

They are a one dimensional team that we exposed. 
TCU will also be exposed by a team with a pulse. Literally any team in the top 10 can beat them. That includes the LSU team that just lost to A&M

LSU was a fraud. They fell ass backwards into some wins this season. We’re gonna get the privilege of hearing the media suck Harold Perkins dick all off-season 

• Hook 'Em 3

8 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Deuce's on the field career is over whenever the KSU season is over.  Yea he might get picked up late in the draft or as an UDFA but no RB his size is doing shit in the league.  

Guys that small have carved out careers. it all comes down to how the teams use them

sproles, warrick dunn, tavon austin, tyreek hill all come to mind. so obviously not a lot of dudes, but it's possible

is deuce as good as any of those guys? I'm not sure..

Edited by redswingline

1 minute ago, chemHORN said:

Well all we had to do was not blow a double digit lead to either Tech or Oklahoma State, both who don't look all that great.  

Tech is going toe-to-toe with OU as we speak. Shit happens in Lubbock.

Throwing 3 picks against hurt-ass Spencer Sanders however? Yea that was a dud.

59 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Okay, but who did Dykes bring to TCU to turn that shit program into a playoff team immediately?

Why do we all just accept the notion that it takes 3 to 4 years to build a winner at Texas?

Duggan and Quentin Johnston, a 27th year senior at QB who is mobile and possibly the best WR in college football. We have a freshman qb, freshman LT, and a real bush league #1 WR. Their rb put up equal numbers to Bijan so that leaves their defense. Well fuck lol. They have a better overall defense because it’s chalked full of seniors and juniors like ours would be had tom herman not been a complete fucking pile of dog shit ass face fuck head mother fucker. So yeah it takes a couple years to equal what they are doing this year. I’ll bet you next year tcu sucks shit through a straw and Nicole will be looking for the next one year wonder to suck off. Dykes took over for their best coach ever, the architect for their entire program while sark took over for a coke addled fucking prick who recruited stars instead of scheme fits. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

Duggan and Quentin Johnston, a 27th year senior at QB who is mobile and possibly the best WR in college football. We have a freshman qb, freshman LT, and a real bush league #1 WR. Their rb put up equal numbers to Bijan so that leaves their defense. Well fuck lol. They have a better overall defense because it’s chalked full of seniors and juniors like ours would be had tom herman not been a complete fucking pile of dog shit ass face fuck head mother fucker. So yeah it takes a couple years to equal what they are doing this year. I’ll bet you next year tcu sucks shit through a straw and Nicole will be looking for the next one year wonder to suck off. Dykes took over for their best coach ever, the architect for their entire program while sark took over for a coke addled fucking prick who recruited stars instead of scheme fits. 

Yea Dyke caught the TCU "up" wave which if you paid attention to most of the Fat Pat tenure was how it generally worked.  He couldn't recruit enough studs who could come in and be underclassmen badasses but he knew how to plan for them to be badasses by the time they were Jrs/Srs.  Sprinkle in a few transfers a fresher more energetic view (Fat Pat had definitely lost the up wave of late) and a bit of a horse shoe up their asses and voila.

• Hook 'Em 1

TCU will also be exposed by a team with a pulse. Literally any team in the top 10 can beat them. That includes the LSU team that just lost to A&M
Agreed. They are pretty much Cincinnati last year. Nothing special at all.

Yet they just keep winning.

You sound like you are on the CFP board.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:
9 hours ago, Dnaguy said:

Agreed. They are pretty much Cincinnati last year. Nothing special at all.

This "nothing special" team is the first Big 12 team to go 12-0 since the Longhorns did it in 2009.  Someone was saying that no one will watch the Big 12 CCG but yet ESPN is going to bring College Gameday to Arlington this year rather than the other P5 CCGs.  And as far as other stats which support national interest:

• Featured on ESPN College Gameday 3x (Kansas, Texas, Big 12 Championship)
  • Featured on FOX Big Noon Saturday 2x (Tech, Baylor)
  • Broadcast nationally on ABC or FOX 7x (OU, Oklahoma State, Tech, Texas, Baylor, Iowa State, Big 12 Championship)
  • Faced 6 then-ranked Top 25 teams (OU, Kansas, Oklahoma State, K-State, Texas, and K-State)
  • Played as a ranked team 9x (since KU) and played in games where both teams were ranked 5x (Kansas, Oklahoma State, K-State, Texas, and K-State/Texas)
  • Been ranked in the CFP top 7 and discussed as a potential playoff team every week rankings were released.

Getting rid of the stagnating coaching staff from the past 4-5 years and bringing in fresh blood and ideas has made a huge difference, and I really don't see that changing in the next few years to come.

Edited by TCU Alum
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

No one gives a shit about TCU.

I realize We’re Surly and this is how we’re supposed to respond, but interest in the Frogs is definitely higher than it’s been. Ratings-wise, their games have done well nationally (https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/college-football-tv-ratings/), and their profile has risen - the school has seen record applications and giving, and they’re getting more publicity than ever. Winning works.

• Hook 'Em 2

11 hours ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

LSU was a fraud. They fell ass backwards into some wins this season. We’re gonna get the privilege of hearing the media suck Harold Perkins dick all off-season 

I didn't watch the second half of the swamp kitty beatdown, but did Perkins even play in the game?  He was non-existent in the part I watched.

1 hour ago, sasquatch69 said:

I realize We’re Surly and this is how we’re supposed to respond, but interest in the Frogs is definitely higher than it’s been. Ratings-wise, their games have done well nationally (https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/college-football-tv-ratings/), and their profile has risen - the school has seen record applications and giving, and they’re getting more publicity than ever. Winning works.

You can say the exact same thing about baylor or any historically middle of the road or lower school. People love a success story.  BC, Northwestern, wake forest, any of them.  Remember, there is a reason why they are not mentioned when things are happening.  Enjoy your day. 

• Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, tonedeaf said:

You can say the exact same thing about baylor or any historically middle of the road or lower school. People love a success story.  BC, Northwestern, wake forest, any of them.  Remember, there is a reason why they are not mentioned when things are happening.  Enjoy your day. 

I don’t mean just this season. I mean over the past two decades.

Edited by sasquatch69

3 hours ago, 83Horn said:

Username checks out.

For maximum value for your $20, don’t wear jeans to the titter.

The max value is in performance golf pants. You know, those Lululemon pants and or their equivalent.

I mean, a pajama pants lap dance would be better but you’ll likely not get in.

I will admit, the resident cockroaches' yearning for our approval is kinda cute.

An 8-4 Longhorn squad vs a Conference Champion TCU team basically neck and neck in tv ratings is supposed to be some kind of Frog flex?

aight...

Edited by Cajun

16 hours ago, Cajun said:

I will admit, the resident cockroaches' yearning for our approval is kinda cute.

An 8-4 Longhorn squad vs a Conference Champion TCU team basically neck and neck in tv ratings is supposed to be some kind of Frog flex?

aight...

Nah, not looking for approval, just addressing some misconceptions.  Lots on here say that smaller schools can't compete, don't belong, yada yada.  All we needed was a chance, and this seems to show that we can win, and people watch.  With TV revenue and bowl game financial benefits, all I am saying is that TCU pulls its weight in the Big 12.

Now, a question which I would really like answered, because I don't know the answer or the rationale.  What does UT (and OU) expect out of moving to the SEC?  If you look at the fortunes of Mizzou, Arkansas, and A&M, are they better off now?  Is it all about money?  The Big 12's new TV contract would make it seem like the schools will be well compensated, and if you look at travel costs for all sports, the destinations in the SEC are going to take more dollars to get there and back.  Right now, you have the status of a big fish in a smaller pond, is that worse than being an average sized fish in a bigger pond?  I also think about the average fan being able to follow the team.  It is certainly easier for fans to travel to Waco, Fort Worth, and even Lubbock than to Florida, Alabama, and Georgia.  Seriously, I want to know if you guys (and Nicole) think this is really a good decision?

Edited by TCU Alum