Kansas vs ksu. Sunflower state showdown

closetohumping

4 minutes ago, TCU Alum said:

Nah, not looking for approval, just addressing some misconceptions.  Lots on here say that smaller schools can't compete, don't belong, yada yada.  All we needed was a chance, and this seems to show that we can win, and people watch.  With TV revenue and bowl game financial benefits, I am saying is that TCU pulls its weight in the Big 12.

Now, a question which I would really like answered, because I don't know the answer or the rationale.  What does UT (and OU) expect out of moving to the SEC?  If you look at the fortunes of Mizzou, Arkansas, and A&M, are they better off now?  Is it all about money?  The Big 12's new TV contract would make it seem like the schools will be well compensated, and if you look at travel costs for all sports, the destinations in the SEC are going to take more dollars to get there and back.  Right now, you have the status of a big fish in a smaller pond, is that worse than being an average sized fish in a bigger pond?  I also think about the average fan being able to follow the team.  It is certainly easier for fans to travel to Waco, Fort Worth, and even Lubbock than to Florida, Alabama, and Georgia.  Seriously, I want to know if you guys (and Nicole) think this is really a good decision?

Texas will finally be rid of this shitheel conference. Despite the Big XII and all of its members being absolutely horrible, Texas hasn’t won its own conference championship for 13 years. This is due only to the corruption and conspiracies of the conference, and has nothing to do with an actual product on the field. 
Once Texas is in the SEC and rid of the conference that they can’t win, they are going to run the table and show Alabama, Georgia, and LSU how to play football. 
Unless, of course, they lose. And in that case the SEC will have turned out to be just as corrupt and horrible as the Big XII.  In that case look for a move to the ACC. 

• Hook 'Em 2