Game Week- Baylor.

Wulaw Horn

Yep. Quinn has potential but it's not like Caleb Williams transferred in at QB. He's still a freshman. 

Overall I see progress. Pretty good progress. But I get that we all feel like Charlie Brown trying to kick Lucy's football after over a decade of disappointment. Win this one, win the bowl, and get to 10-2 or better next year.
Everyone forgets Caleb Williams also had some shitty Freshmanlike games last year. Of course for the most part he was able to redeem himself to win most of his bad games.
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, ousux said:
On 11/21/2022 at 10:20 AM, MotownHorn said:
Yep. Quinn has potential but it's not like Caleb Williams transferred in at QB. He's still a freshman. 

Overall I see progress. Pretty good progress. But I get that we all feel like Charlie Brown trying to kick Lucy's football after over a decade of disappointment. Win this one, win the bowl, and get to 10-2 or better next year.

Everyone forgets Caleb Williams also had some shitty Freshmanlike games last year. Of course for the most part he was able to redeem himself to win most of his bad games.

I’d argue that LR coaching and scheming is superior to Sark’s, as well.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, txduck87 said:

Rain in forecast, 11am kick, indifference in fanbase high. What are we thinking for actual attendance ? Not sold but actual butts in seats? 50k?

You saw the aggy game last week right? If it’s raining, I’d imagine a hair better than that but not much. Students are out of town and team’s record nit worth them coming back to Austin early. 

1 hour ago, txduck87 said:

Rain in forecast, 11am kick, indifference in fanbase high. What are we thinking for actual attendance ? Not sold but actual butts in seats? 50k?

No clue, maybe a few who brave it and the lucky ones in boxes and under overhang. If the game gets out of hand one way or another, I expect mass exodus. Rain and winds out of the north 15 mph. Fantastic!

Which team gets an edge with craptastic weather?

On 11/22/2022 at 6:05 PM, ATXhorn17 said:

Tbh, I don’t mind RGIII as a commentator — he’s a thousand times better than listening to Galindo or an Acho brother.

10 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

The Achos really insist upon themselves.

Dafuq?

First off, not only is sir Robert Griffith the III esq. the equivalent to Johnny fucking 8 ball aggy in terms of accomplishment to the university's with which no such honor, recognition nor validation should be bestowed upon. But you're going to be cheerful that Vince wannafuckingbe is in place of one our own? What with his stupid ass riffs and simpleton analogies? "Quin said this is...EWERS!!HHUUHUHH down the field with that bomb!"

Fuck that and fuck rapeU. I hope nothing but irrelevance and a FCS relegation once Aranda cuts bait and after we've left this stupid conference. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, 4th&Five said:

Went to academy and got some rain pants tonight. I froze through Kansas in ‘97 so I’m not scrapping my tix for this. 

That Kansas game was the worst home game, pretty much ever. Everyone had bailed on Mackovic and the team, all we had was Ricky. Terrible season. And it was fucking cold that day. Wind chill in the mid to high 30s for a 1P kick. Maybe 35,000 lost souls in the stadium. Could pretty much sit where you wanted, and we did. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Dafuq?

First off, not only is sir Robert Griffith the III esq. the equivalent to Johnny fucking 8 ball aggy in terms of accomplishment to the university's with which no such honor, recognition nor validation should be bestowed upon. But you're going to be cheerful that Vince wannafuckingbe is in place of one our own? What with his stupid ass riffs and simpleton analogies? "Quin said this is...EWERS!!HHUUHUHH down the field with that bomb!"

Fuck that and fuck rapeU. I hope nothing but irrelevance and a FCS relegation once Aranda cuts bait and after we've left this stupid conference. 

Manny is the most intolerable whiny little cunt on ESPN. I watch him in zero things and am better for it. Sam is a good dude and I root for him to succeed, but he still has a ways to go to where I would say I enjoy watching him call games.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 11/21/2022 at 4:46 PM, SHOOTER12 said:

I've seen several different times and stations,  so what day, time and network is the damned game on?

http://lsufootball.net/tvschedule.htm

pretty much up-to-date with times and networks. The networks\ for each game  are almost all links to the specific game. You can click the link if your device has the network installed.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, texastroubadour said:

Stay Bijan stay!

stay Bijan stay!

RBs in the NFL are fungible and interchangeable, with incredibly short shelf lives. If a guy has a chance to make a few bucks, take it as soon as you can, while you can. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, txduck87 said:

Why would the fanbase be indifferent? We are coming off a win where we kicked ass and we still have a chance to win the conference title. Besides the fans have come hard and been awesome all year, I don't see any evidence they are indifferent. 

You are talking like it is Texas who is 4-7 playing UMass and not trying to win what seems to me to be a big game.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Hook 'Em 4

3 hours ago, nnm said:

RBs in the NFL are fungible and interchangeable, with incredibly short shelf lives. If a guy has a chance to make a few bucks, take it as soon as you can, while you can. 

And that kind of goes for us as well. Sure having Bijan is awesome but if the line keeps developing the next guys behind him seem good enough to get the job the done.

2 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Why would the fanbase be indifferent? We are coming off a win where we kicked ass and we still have a chance to win the conference title. Besides the fans have come hard and been awesome all year, I don't see any evidence they are indifferent. 

You are talking like it is Texas who is 4-7 playing UMass and not trying to win what seems to me to be a big game.

Some people think this board represents the general fan base. 

• Haha 3
  • Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Its likely not gonna rain at all during the game tomorrow.  NOAA has all of the rain east of i35 and the % chance of rain tomorrow has been dropping all week. Currently 30% at kickoff and remaining that way until 2pm when it goes to 40%

Hope your right. 

Agree that local weather stations in Austin were showing models with heavier rain east of Austin during game.  But they also included light rain over Austin...

• Hook 'Em 2

Rain?  Don’t care….got rain gear/shoes….the fans who are there, know what to expect and will come prepared to cheer on the Horns…rain and cooler weather is better than those 100 degrees, 2:30 kickoffs earlier in the year.   Need to just kick Baylor’s ass and see if Kansas can upset KS…..who knows….

• Hook 'Em 1

Parking in the private lots around the stadium is around $30 cash.  You can get fairly close to the stadium in those lots.  You've got to show up fairly early to get in a good place though. Rolling in 20 minutes before the game is going to make it tough.  UT has some $20 to $30 parking in the parking garages, but exiting will be a pain and they might have sold out by now. 

Edited by RabidM