5 killed 18 injured in colorado springs gay nightclub shooting

52-80

7 hours ago, troph said:

You aren’t getting sympathy from the queers defending focus on the family. They are a hate group. I’ve ignored them for years but in my impressionable years they advocated heavily for conversion therapy for gays and lesbians and claimed scripture supported being transgender was sinful.  Thought they do not advocate gun violence against us they do advocate intolerance. Gross, disgusting organization, worthy of severe criticism. 

Focus on the family? More like aim at the gays. 

• Rage+1 1

11 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Maybe the NRA’s slogan should be updated to say, “The only thing that will stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun or two fabulous guys without a gun.”

Of course, that still leaves out a rabbi with a chair.

https://www.npr.org/2022/01/17/1073637162/colleyville-texas-synagogue-rabbi-threw-chair-before-escape

It also appears that the shooter (surprise surprise) has multiple priors. Including one in which his mother reported him to the police for having built a bomb. 

Police are now investigating how he acquired a gun.

Colorado has:
Universal background checks
Red Flag Laws
and Magazine Capacity Restrictions. 

None of which stopped this from happening.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

It also appears that the shooter (surprise surprise) has multiple priors. Including one in which his mother reported him to the police for having built a bomb. 

Colorado has:
Red Flag Laws

He has a grandfather in the state lege, and Colorado Springs is proud to call itself a "second amendment sanctuary" that passed local ordinances to undo the state gun laws. 

So I'm betting the local cops aren't too big on telling the white grandson of a pro-2A state politician that he can't get a gun. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Newdoc said:

TV huckster...rhetoric that supports hate

Do you ever listen to Focus on the Family's radio shows? That's exactly what they are without the calls for violence.

They constantly bemoan American culture and our acceptance of the gay community.

Edited by SimonBolivar

17 minutes ago, Captainant said:

He has a grandfather in the state lege, and Colorado Springs is proud to call itself a "second amendment sanctuary" that passed local ordinances to undo the state gun laws. 

So I'm betting the local cops aren't too big on telling the white grandson of a pro-2A state politician that he can't get a gun. 

His grandfather called Jan 6 “Lexington and Concord” so….

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 3

40 minutes ago, Captainant said:

So what you’re saying it is the failure of the government to enforce its own laws?

31 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

So what you’re saying it is the failure of the government to enforce its own laws?

Well ultimately it's a failure of the leaders of the modern protestant evangelical movement to let so much hate fester within their walls. And to allow themselves to become so coopted by the political system and entrenched into the gun debate. 

When you add hate plus firearms, and multiply that by a faith-tinted righteousness in motivation and cover from corrupt cops that defy the law to secure the means of their terrorism.... It's a bit more complicated than "gUbMiNt BaD!!"

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Armybrat said:

Colorado has:
Red Flag Laws

Laws won’t protect you from pieces of shit, they always find a way. 

• Fuck You 6

3 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

So let’s make as easy as possible for them rather than as difficult. Solid plan that seems to be working, so good job?

Let’s impose our will upon a political foe with sanctions and/or laws that do absolutely zero to prevent said travesties, while patting ourselves on the back that we are making the world ‘safer.’

Edited by slorch

^

Yep, this.  If you take firearms out of the equation, there have been so many, hundreds even, documented mass murders committed by male youths aged 18-28 killing/injuring multiple victims using hammers, knives, and ice cream scoops.  We all know those legendary stories of young men killing a dozen people with a screwdriver or machete before someone was able to charge at them.  Guns are just but one way that violent assholes are able to rage against the crowd.  

Let’s impose our will upon a political foe with sanctions and/or laws that do absolutely zero to prevent said travesties, while patting ourselves on the back that we are making the world ‘safer.’

This is weak, even for you.

So give up? Don’t do anything?

I have yet to hear any of the pro gun crowd give REAL suggestions/solutions. And the few that do, when pressed, admit they won’t vote for anyone that will actually put into motion the ideas they suggest.

Disingenuous.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

This is weak, even for you.

So give up? Don’t do anything?

I have yet to hear any of the pro gun crowd give REAL suggestions/solutions. And the few that do, when pressed, admit they won’t vote for anyone that will actually put into motion the ideas they suggest.

Disingenuous.

Real suggestions:  you don’t like ‘em because there are no political windfalls.  Raise kids who don’t hate. Be a citizen who doesn’t hate. Prosecute the living fuck out of gun crimes, and I don’t mean technicalities like possessing the ‘wrong’ kind of gun in your eyes; but rather leveraging a firearm against another human being. You threaten someone else’s life, and it’s not in self defense or defense of property, and I feel that action should be severely punished, up to and including capital punishment.

I own guns and have been around guns for virtually my whole life.  None of that is a threat to you, unless you threaten me.  I’m sick of people lazily and conveniently telling me I just don’t care enough to solve the problem.

Fact is, most in our society don’t have the stomach to solve it.  So we’re left looking for bandaids and political swipes.  Fuck that.

2 minutes ago, slorch said:

Real suggestions:  you don’t like ‘em because there are no political windfalls.  Raise kids who don’t hate. Be a citizen who doesn’t hate. Prosecute the living fuck out of gun crimes, and I don’t mean technicalities like possessing the ‘wrong’ kind of gun in your eyes; but rather leveraging a firearm against another human being. You threaten someone else’s life, and it’s not in self defense or defense of property, and I feel that action should be severely punished, up to and including capital punishment.

I own guns and have been around guns for virtually my whole life.  None of that is a threat to you, unless you threaten me.  I’m sick of people lazily and conveniently telling me I just don’t care enough to solve the problem.

Fact is, most in our society don’t have the stomach to solve it.  So we’re left looking for bandaids and political swipes.  Fuck that.

People contemplating mass murder don't give a fuck how harsh the punishments for gun crimes are.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, slorch said:

We’ve tried all that and yet here we are. It doesn’t work. What else you got?

1 minute ago, slorch said:

Real suggestions:  you don’t like ‘em because there are no political windfalls.  Raise kids who don’t hate. Be a citizen who doesn’t hate. Prosecute the living fuck out of gun crimes, and I don’t mean technicalities like possessing the ‘wrong’ kind of gun in your eyes; but rather leveraging a firearm against another human being. You threaten someone else’s life, and it’s not in self defense or defense of property, and I feel that action should be severely punished, up to and including capital punishment

Don’t you dare fuckin tell me how to raise my child! And the whole gun prosecution thing doesn’t come close to touching/addressing the ‘standard’ mass shooter issue. Gimme some of that sweet sweet mental health lip service while you’re at it. 

ya, that’s right, we have a standard for mass shootings. 

Just now, longhornmatt said:

Murders, thefts, rapes, drunk driving crashes, and assaults are still happen despite there being laws on the books against them.  The solution?  Obviously, remove all laws against these things.

Who knew so many people supported abolishing the police?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

How are you going to get Americans to start raising their kids “right?” Just use thoughts and prayers and hope they start doing it?
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Incorrect. Uvalde wouldn't have happened if a sketchy 18 year old with no training, testing, or proof of safe storage wasn't able to waltz in and buy whatever legal guns that he wanted. The first shots that he ever fired from any weapon were at elementary kids.

Or are you under the impression that he had an arms dealer on speed dial that he would have used instead?

Fuck all of you and your "bad people will find a way" bullshit. Some will. Others won't. But maybe we shouldn't make it as easy as possible for them? Just a thought.

Whatever gets you through the night I suppose. 

• Fuck You 9

22 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

End the war on drugs. Which would mean you vote for politicians that will. But you won’t do that.

Stop arresting Dad’s that sell or use drugs? Yeah, that doesn’t seem any better. 

Edited by immamac
Month long vacation.
  • Fuck You 11