5 killed 18 injured in colorado springs gay nightclub shooting

52-80

26 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

How are you going to get Americans to start raising their kids “right?” Just use thoughts and prayers and hope they start doing it?

Obviously they are advocating for government to enforce teaching certain values and monitoring the process of the parents. If mental defect found, however, Timmy can still have a gun. 

• Like 2

Stop arresting Dad’s that sell or use drugs? Yeah, that doesn’t seem any better. 

You are just straight up trolling now. You are obviously still not interested in having a discussion.

This is why y’all are disingenuous. No one here is looking for a “political windfall” on this topic. Plenty of left leaning folks hunt or own guns. This is about y’all’s inability to work together to make positive change.
  • Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

Those that get caught are a tiny fraction of those that drink and drive. It’s obviously not much of a deterrent. 

That's not the right metric.  The way to measure the effectiveness of DUI laws would be to compare the # of people who drink and drive before and after the creation of those laws.  Just because a small fraction are caught doesn't mean there aren't fewer inebriated drivers on the road.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Wait, you mean even though they sell and use drugs despite laws already prohibiting that, we shouldn’t get rid of those laws and just make it legal?  But why?

The point wasn’t to stop enforcing laws, the point was that these laws aren’t going to keep you safe. Stay armed. 

2 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

You are just straight up trolling now. You are obviously still not interested in having a discussion.

This is why y’all are disingenuous. No one here is looking for a “political windfall” on this topic. Plenty of left leaning folks hunt or own guns. This is about y’all’s inability to work together to make positive change.

No, your point was just dumb. I’m sorry you’re offended. 

• Fuck You 8

56 minutes ago, slorch said:

Let’s impose our will upon a political foe with sanctions and/or laws that do absolutely zero to prevent said travesties, while patting ourselves on the back that we are making the world ‘safer.’

Again, there were laws that reduced mass shootings. Those laws were repealed and, predictably, mass shooting have only gone up (except during lockdown.)

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

Again, there were laws that reduced mass shootings. Those laws were repealed and, predictably, mass shooting have only gone up (except during lockdown.)

Alcohol-related driving fatalities also decreased significantly when harsher DUI laws were enacted nation-wide.

Facts don't matter to these people. Never will.

• Hook 'Em 7

2 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Alcohol-related driving fatalities also decreased significantly when harsher DUI laws were enacted nation-wide.

Facts don't matter to these people. Never will.

Well you've got to balance saving thousands of lives with inconveniencing folks like Poe. You've got to admit, it's pretty unfair to ask him to drive with a BAC under .3.

28 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

“The breakdown of family”

We’re bringing out all the classics. 

Anyone mention violence in the media yet? We only need to distract for 24 hours before everyone forgets and I can go pew pew with my favorite toys 

"Now is not the time to talk politics. Rather we need to spend this time mourning and healing."  And the real truth is that it's never the time to talk to some about guns, unless it's increasing availability to more people.

19 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

I grew up a very conservative Christian and remained very conservative into my late 30's.  Then I finally started to listen to what Jesus said.  Love God.  Love others.  This sums up the totality of the Law.  He also said that you will know false teachers/teachings by their fruit.  What are the fruits of the traditional Church teaching about homosexuality and transgender issues?

• Exclusion
  • A cultural environment that implicitly condones hate of others
  • Mass murder
  • Broken families and relationships
  • Depression
  • Suicide

Those fruits tell me that we as Christians have grossly mis-interpreted something along the way.  We also seem to willfully ignore that the first gentile to be saved in the book of Acts was a non-binary person - the Ethiopian eunuch.

The writers of scripture were unavoidably captive to their culture, and it's no shock that the cultural norms of the day were captured in their writings.  There is a lot of scripture that we as Christians rightly leave by the wayside because it was written to address specific cultural issues in the ancient world. 

Our culture has largely moved beyond the stigmatization of homosexuality and transgender people, save for conservative Christians holding onto ancient cultural norms that we should have grown past.  

All of this to say that I am deeply heartbroken by yesterday's events and terribly ashamed that Christianity has played a large role in enabling a culture in which such events are possible.

God forgive us.

Thank you for this post.  From any sane and sound gospel-based theological perspective, is it spot-on.

Further demonstrating that American "Christianity" is a culture, not a Christian religion.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Guadaloopy said:

I grew up a very conservative Christian and remained very conservative into my late 30's.  Then I finally started to listen to what Jesus said.  Love God.  Love others.  This sums up the totality of the Law.  He also said that you will know false teachers/teachings by their fruit.  What are the fruits of the traditional Church teaching about homosexuality and transgender issues?

• Exclusion
  • A cultural environment that implicitly condones hate of others
  • Mass murder
  • Broken families and relationships
  • Depression
  • Suicide

Those fruits tell me that we as Christians have grossly mis-interpreted something along the way.  We also seem to willfully ignore that the first gentile to be saved in the book of Acts was a non-binary person - the Ethiopian eunuch.

The writers of scripture were unavoidably captive to their culture, and it's no shock that the cultural norms of the day were captured in their writings.  There is a lot of scripture that we as Christians rightly leave by the wayside because it was written to address specific cultural issues in the ancient world. 

Our culture has largely moved beyond the stigmatization of homosexuality and transgender people, save for conservative Christians holding onto ancient cultural norms that we should have grown past.  

All of this to say that I am deeply heartbroken by yesterday's events and terribly ashamed that Christianity has played a large role in enabling a culture in which such events are possible.

God forgive us.

this is a really good post.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Further demonstrating that American "Christianity" is a culture, not a Christian religion.

If an F150 truck with a Punisher decal and “Fuck Biden” sticker, an arsenal of AR-15s, a pair of Oakleys, and a YouTube channel full of disorganized rants about how much you dislike everyone different from you was good enough for Jesus, it’s good enough for me.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Just so you know, federal district judges are ruling unconstitutional under Clarence's Breuer ruling various federal laws that prevent:  domestic violence convicts from purchasing firearms, people under indictment from purchasing firearms, etc.  These aren't fringey decisions, the judges say they don't like the decision but Breuer's bullshit mandates it.

So, the 2A maniacs have now actually, really and truly, made it easier for "pieces of shit" to purchase and legally possess firearms.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

This thread is the same every time.

Reasonable people: propose some reasonable solutions to try that have a track record of working in other places

People who like guns and would be unaffected by any regulation, other than having to take a class or register their thing capable of killing people as if it were a car or really any other 21st century invention: NOOOOOOO THAT SOUNDS LIKE THE WORST THING EVER AND I CANT EXPLAIN WHY

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Jesus didn’t write a word of the New Testament, did he?

Not only did Jesus write the New Testament, he wrote it as a man of Christian Faith and in English so that there would be no risk of mis-translation into American. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I don't know that it really matters, but it's worth noting that Fierro, his wife and kids and their friends were there in support of one of his daughter's friends performing in a drag show.  All in their party are straight.  It wasn't some den of iniquity, it was a club putting on a show and all kinds of people showed up.
HIs daughter's boyfriend died.  
I mean, these hard lines are unproductive, and ultimately destructive.  Love your neighbor.  Don't worry about who they bed.  Fuck.

Counterpoint: “they shouldn’ta been there supporting a deviant satanist lifetstyle! GROOMERS!” Signed, literally thousands of American “leaders.”

In the name of power, and their thirst for same, they freely sow the seeds of slaughter.

And they want me to believe that the drag queens are the ones who are morally bankrupt.
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

You watch that interview and you see a guy who has been hardened by years of military service, telling the story, and then at the end, he loses it.  

Oh, and in case anybody didn't pick up on it, he identified the "long gun" -- it was a fucking AR-15.  Color me shocked.

A military veteran with multiple tours and this still rocks his world.  It is never going to get better, easier, normal.  Ban the fucking high capacity, high firing rate weapons.  Now.  Beto was right.

And if any of you fucks starts chiming in about ballistics and calibers and whatnot, well, decorum prevents me from saying what I want to say.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

I've got an AR that I built custom years ago when I was shooting often, it's a tack driver, it's a great range gun, and others like it fucking kills so many innocent people. It's time to do something about an item that is obviously uniquely dangerous and desirable for use in terrorist attacks. Sorry if it makes others lose their toys too. 

It's just a thing in a safe. Us keeping our AR's isn't worth the damage to our nations soul that we see on an ever more frequent basis. 

How much for your AR?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Fuck You 6