5 killed 18 injured in colorado springs gay nightclub shooting

52-80

3 hours ago, Captainant said:

I've got an AR that I built custom years ago when I was shooting often, it's a tack driver, it's a great range gun, and others like it fucking kills so many innocent people. It's time to do something about an item that is obviously uniquely dangerous and desirable for use in terrorist attacks. Sorry if it makes others lose their toys too. 

It's just a thing in a safe. Us keeping our AR's isn't worth the damage to our nations soul that we see on an ever more frequent basis. 

Have you turned it in to your nearest police station? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3
  • Fuck You 5

13 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

I’d like to modify my prior post to death sentence by being stomped by a trans woman.

I know a few in Denver who would love that opportunity. Fuck that guy. Fuck the cops. And fuck guns the most 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 4

45 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Because you're joking about and backslapping with your chudley buddies over a terrorist attack on group that's been targeted by militant religious extremists and cast as child molesters by hateful and useful idiots.

It's just a neg. Put on your big boy pants and deal with it, it's not like you're getting shot at you great big gaping pussy. 

You could not be more wrong. I’m not back slapping anyone. Find a post of mine on this site where I support any of these hateful people.  But here you are on this site talking about getting rid of a type of gun that you own, yet doing fuck all about it. Turn in your AR. Set an example.  I’ve said multiple times on this site that I would support a ban on ARs.  So fuck off!

Edited by Hate
  • Hook 'Em 4

8 minutes ago, Hate said:

But here you are on this site talking about getting rid of a type of gun that you own, yet doing fuck all about it. Turn in your AR. Set an example.  I’ve said multiple times on this site that I would support a ban on ARs.  So fuck off!

I mean I've changed my voting habits, stopped buying firearms stuff (aside from shells for birds), and have actively campaigned for some gun control measures as a response to these horrific events. Much like climate change, a single person taking action doesn't make a shit. It has to be collective to actually get us closer to a reality in which religious extremists stop using it to slaughter what they consider to be SINNERS and PEDOS and anyone else their pastor tells them to hate

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Captainant said:

More on topic: it seems like the only thing the cops did was to show up late and cuff the man who actually protected and served his community

What the fuck is it with cops and actively preventing parents from protecting their families during a terrorist attack??

Remember at the Pulse nightclub shooting the armed off-duty cop working security hid in the parking lot and waited for backup to arrive while the shooter was killing people inside the club. 

Laws won’t protect you from pieces of shit, they always find a way. 

Good thing you are not in charge of our national defense. Otherwise we might be selling WMDs to terrorists and then acting like there is nothing that could be done to prevent the bombs going off in our cities.
  • Hook 'Em 3

Those that get caught are a tiny fraction of those that drink and drive. It’s obviously not much of a deterrent. 

This an stupid statement. I have seen attitudes change in the course of my life on drinking and driving. Laws and awareness has had an impact.

At this point just come out and say it, you love this shit. It means nothing to you when people/children die in mass shootings. One plus one makes 3 and there is nothing that can change it.
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

You would not fit in at a Dead show at all.

Well, I fit right in to all of the shows that I went to in any configuration of the band. I’m not sure what point you are trying to make. I don’t support these religious zealots that preach hate. I am very supportive of any group of people that are targets of this kind of hate. I didn’t vote for a single Republican this last election. I’ve said on this site that I would support a ban on ARs. I’ve also said that I would support measures to make it more difficult to purchase guns. I simply asked an AR owner that has posted many many times that these guns only have one purpose and that is to kill many people efficiently, why does he still have one? Is that really such a difficult question?
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Nivek said:

This an stupid statement. I have seen attitudes change in the course of my life on drinking and driving. Laws and awareness has had an impact.

At this point just come out and say it, you love this shit. It means nothing to you when people/children die in mass shootings. One plus one makes 3 and there is nothing that can change it.

And we've also seen a huge change in firearms, and how they are treated.  25-30 years ago, ARs and similar weapons weren't ubiquitous.  Firearms were not cultural talismen for incel losers to wield.  I had a firearm in the trunk of my car in the high school parking lot for several months of the year (hunting season).  Never even occurred to me to pull it out and shoot those who pissed me off.

Firearms law and firearms culture has changed materially, and for the worse, over the past generation.  Saying "there's nothing we can do, laws mean nothing" ignores the evidence of the past generation.  We made stuff worse.  That being true, we can also make it better.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

In a normal world, this certified American badass would be a household name, recognized as a superhero.  

But in our world, schleps like Kyle Rittenhouse get that treatment.  

Wish I could rep this more.

This contrast, right here, says more about how broken we are as a society than any other single thing I can think of.

Think this guy will be lauded at the next

ALL_BUG_BUMP_NAT_PATRIOT_AWARDS_8-copy-H

???

Yeah.  Ne neither. 

• Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, Captainant said:

Because you're joking about and backslapping with your chudley buddies over a terrorist attack on group that's been targeted by militant religious extremists and cast as child molesters by hateful and useful idiots.

It's just a neg. Put on your big boy pants and deal with it, it's not like you're getting shot at you great big gaping pussy. 

Then why don't you lead by example and get rid of yours instead of being a fucking hypocrite?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 9

50 minutes ago, Hate said:

I simply asked an AR owner that has posted many many times that these guns only have one purpose and that is to kill many people efficiently, why does he still have one?

I've never posted that on this site or any other site. But you're welcome to prove me wrong with evidence for this claim. 

An AR is an excellent range toy and it has excellent customizability because you just drop on a new upper and you've got another caliber of rifle ready to go. But wouldn't ya know it, I never use the damn thing except for at the range. Us giving up our range toys isn't going to make you less free. 

22 minutes ago, Cornpop said:

Then why don't you lead by example and get rid of yours instead of being a fucking hypocrite?

How about instead of demanding action from a single person, we work towards a collective change that actually removes the objectively easy availability of firepower from our society?

For fucks sake it's easy for a 17 year old to get an AR and go hunting in a riot. It's easy for a man known to be making bombs to get an AR and go shoot up a drag show. It's easy for a kid with known mental health problems in Uvalde to go buy an AR and pulp a dozen children. 

How is my """leading by example""" going to make a goddamn bit of difference to any of those people? How is my singular action going to meaningfully impact the national trend (supported by very fine people like you and yours) of ignoring gun laws and letting these terrorists through the cracks? 

You don't give a shit about any of this. You just want us to stop talking about it, so you'll busy yourself with attacking individuals and finding reasons like hYpoCriSy to ignore them, and happily rinse the gore off and wait for another group you find icky to get massacred

Edited by Captainant
  • Hook 'Em 6

5 minutes ago, Captainant said:

I've never posted that on this site or any other site. But you're welcome to prove me wrong with evidence for this claim. 

An AR is an excellent range toy and it has excellent customizability because you just drop on a new upper and you've got another caliber of rifle ready to go. But wouldn't ya know it, I never use the damn thing except for at the range. Us giving up our range toys isn't going to make you less free. 

How about instead of demanding action from a single person, we work towards a collective change that actually removes the objectively easy availability of firepower from our society?

For fucks sake it's easy for a 17 year old to get an AR and go hunting in a riot. It's easy for a man known to be making bombs to get an AR and go shoot up a drag show. It's easy for a kid with known mental health problems in Uvalde to go buy an AR and pulp a dozen children. 

How is my """leading by example""" going to make a goddamn bit of difference to any of those people? How is my singular action going to meaningfully impact the national trend (supported by very fine people like you and yours) of ignoring gun laws and letting these terrorists through the cracks? 

You don't give a shit about any of this. You just want us to stop talking about it, so you'll busy yourself with attacking individuals and finding reasons like hYpoCriSy to ignore them, and happily rinse the gore off and wait for another group you find icky to get massacred

Please make sure to show proof when you turn yours in

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 14

29 minutes ago, Captainant said:

I think the thing with certain posters here is that they like it when mass shootings happen, particularly when it targets a minority group. MIB likes it because he's a deranged psycho (some day we're going to hear about another mass shooting and he won't show up to troll the thread because he'll have been the shooter) and cornpop likes it because it owns us libs and gives him an opportunity to troll. There's no reason to seriously engage with them. It's not like you're going to have a productive discussion with them where there's a chance of finding some common ground.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

I think the thing with certain posters here is that they like it when mass shootings happen, particularly when it targets a minority group. MIB likes it because he's a deranged psycho (some day we're going to hear about another mass shooting and he won't show up to troll the thread because he'll have been the shooter) and cornpop likes it because it owns us libs and gives him an opportunity to troll. There's no reason to seriously engage with them. It's not like you're going to have a productive discussion with them where there's a chance of finding some common ground.

You forget @Macklemore wanting to shoot brown people.

Here's one of the many things that bothers me about those family gun photos:  whether or not the adults actually value them as an expression of their rights under 2A, the kids are almost surely going to see them as simply worshipping guns.  There is a difference between valuing our constitutionally guaranteed freedoms and valuing guns themselves.

I'm sure that's too fine a distinction for these people.  And, I'm sure plenty of those adults worship the guns, too.

• Like 1

My father, who wasn't much of a hunter or shooter, thought it sufficiently important that I be taught to shoot/handle guns that I was given a Daisy Model 99 Champion at about 8-9 years of age.  For several years, it was something Dad and I did together.

And, over the years, I became interested in hunting and shooting sports and acquired several guns.

But neither my parents nor I would ever DREAM of a Christmas card photo of the family bearing arms.  That's just grotesque fetishization.

It's. A. Fetish.  Probably actually sexual in a whole lot of cases.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, Captainant said:

I mean I've changed my voting habits, stopped buying firearms stuff (aside from shells for birds), and have actively campaigned for some gun control measures as a response to these horrific events. Much like climate change, a single person taking action doesn't make a shit. It has to be collective to actually get us closer to a reality in which religious extremists stop using it to slaughter what they consider to be SINNERS and PEDOS and anyone else their pastor tells them to hate

I’m not sure why anyone is arguing (I’m half-joking). JS said some inflammatory shit about “Evangelicals” and the discussion devolved to Westboro Baptist Church being the mainstream leader of all non-Catholic Christians in America. They are not and Robert Jeffress is a terrible person. I’m UMC and this act (same in Orlando and racist shooting in Buffalo) is pure evil.  I find Jeffress’ hatred deplorable, and, fringey.  WBC and the Watauga pastor’s words are DEFINITELY fringey. I’m not sure about mainstream Baptists these days, but doubt they follow this line of thinking. 

Regardless, I am sorry there are people with platforms who speak in this manner. It’s not what I believe or was taught, and it’s embarrassing being associated with them. And it leads to shit like Saturday night.  

45 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

My father, who wasn't much of a hunter or shooter, thought it sufficiently important that I be taught to shoot/handle guns that I was given a Daisy Model 99 Champion at about 8-9 years of age.  For several years, it was something Dad and I did together.

And, over the years, I became interested in hunting and shooting sports and acquired several guns.

But neither my parents nor I would ever DREAM of a Christmas card photo of the family bearing arms.  That's just grotesque fetishization.

If I ever got a Christmas card like that I’d never associate with that family again. 

23 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

Regardless, I am sorry there are people with platforms who speak in this manner. It’s not what I believe or was taught, and it’s embarrassing being associated with them. And it leads to shit like Saturday night.  

What's crazy is that it's not what I was taught growing up, but there's other people I grew up with in the same environment who never deprogrammed who are now repeating the same hateful rhetoric that I've been harping on. I don't know how they got there from the place our paths parted. 

But it's a pattern that I see from coast to coast, with startling synchrony in picking up new talking points and "just asking questions" about the same conspiratorial theories. And we are seeing a ramp up of those conspiracy theories being used as motivation for a terrorist attack.

It's a fucking cancer that's been left to metastasize in the protestant evangelical christian community, and I see no signs of any evangelical leader giving enough of a shit to do anything about it. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I know, right?

Imagine that same photo but with machetes or scythes or something.

It’s just weird and gross.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

This is all such a primitive guy thing too. Women who aren't MAGA or otherwise brainwashed are on the sidelines baffled about the obsessive focus on and fetishization of these weapons. It's just so damned juvenile. Another instance where more women in leadership would moderate shit.

Tell me you don't know any redneck women without telling me you don't know any redneck women.

Most educated people live in a bubble, myself included, but I escaped the shit-show to get here.  Women, generally speaking, won't moderate a damn thing.  The right woman might, though.