5 killed 18 injured in colorado springs gay nightclub shooting

52-80

9 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

I find it funny that you all shouted down Poe for suggesting what was most proximal to the case, but praised the vague damnation to a church denomination/movement of which he was not a member.

I agree it was caused by both. Nothing in my post suggests family wasn't a factor. But if you think that is why Poe has been shouted down, you've misunderstood this thread. It is one thing to suggest a bad family is partially responsible. It is quite another to use that to deflect completely from the wider problem of hateful right wing speech.  

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, slorch said:

I came here to ask the board's opinion on this tack by the perp.  Is Nick "trolling the system" or WTF is the situation.

Cliff notes:  Newscasts this evening about the hearing are saying the perp is claiming to be "Non-binary" and uses pronouns of They/Them and will be addressed as " Nick Aldrich" in the courtroom, not Mr Aldrich.

It is either self hate or just a defense to avoid a hate crime conviction.

• Hook 'Em 3

40 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

I find it funny that you all shouted down Poe for suggesting what was most proximal to the case, but praised the vague damnation to a church denomination/movement of which he was not a member.

Poe wasn't shouted down because he suggested good parenting makes better people (no shit...but also explain to me and slorch how you can force people to raise better kids). He was shouted down because he's this board's most prominent admitted homophobe--and a troll--and no one gives a fuck what his opinion is on this one.

Edited by aggie08
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

It is either self hate or just a defense to avoid a hate crime conviction.

...or some shit fuck on one of those awful 8chan boards that encourage this shit and track body counts told him that it would be hilarious if he told the cops he was non-binary if he made it out alive.

All equally possible at this point. Who the fuck knows.

• Hook 'Em 4

6 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Poe wasn't shouted down because he suggested good parenting makes better people (no shit...but also explain to me and slorch how you can force people to raise better kids). He was shouted down because he's this board's most prominent admitted homophobe--and a troll--and no one gives a fuck what his opinion is on this one.

He wasn't prescribing a solution in that post, he was describing a major cause of gun violence.  (since your counter is the evangelicals, why dont you explain how you can force a sect of religion to change their mindset?)

So you refuse to acknowledge the substance of that post - that you now admit is right - solely because of your judgement of his character.  Aren't you the guy decrying people's "refusing to even enter the room"?  How about start by recognizing the specific parts of his speech, rather than who he is

7 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

(since your counter is the evangelicals, why dont you explain how you can force a sect of religion to change their mindset?)

Revoke their tax exempt status.

Short of that, ridicule them at every turn, cause the children with more open minds just coming into the church to question what the fuck they're doing, watch them splinter like the Methodist Church is now.

• Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

And his mom.

The first one was posted the night of the shootings.

6cf86672565751234a33e3b64bc69cb6.jpg
20b7222779fc2bd55f2ec49dee92ace8.jpg
291cf790b81039a844ff0d5074237a8a.jpg
3c97eccbb80c7b24d1add10bce732b22.jpg

Clearly she was never told that her kid is non-binary.

Kid was arrested last year and there was no mention of it.

Aldrich was slumped over and barely coherent during the court appearance. Not sure how a gender identity was communicated to his lawyers.

As a responsible gun owner, I’d like y’all to take a look at the Bill of Rights. And I’d like you to game theory which one of those rights is the easiest to make money off by convincing people it’s for freedom/liberty.  

people keep buying guns because we have convinced you that doing so is the only way to show your patriotism.  We can only sell you a couple flags, I can sell you dozens of firearms.  You’re not demonstrating self defense or love of country.  You’re just making people rich and those people are not you. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

He wasn't prescribing a solution in that post, he was describing a major cause of gun violence.  (since your counter is the evangelicals, why dont you explain how you can force a sect of religion to change their mindset?)

So you refuse to acknowledge the substance of that post - that you now admit is right - solely because of your judgement of his character.  Aren't you the guy decrying people's "refusing to even enter the room"?  How about start by recognizing the specific parts of his speech, rather than who he is

What post of his are you contending is correct? I honestly have no idea what you're talking about at this point. But I have a strong inclination to distrust your description of it based on your inability to understand this thread so far. 

2 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

I have an inability to understand this thread 

Why do you think this good? You must have a reason to say this is good. I mean apparently being against this kills people as I've been told. Why is telling kids that getting grown men to do dances half naked with a sign that says "it's not going to lick itself " a good thing?

• Fuck You 5

17 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Revoke their tax exempt status.

Short of that, ridicule them at every turn, cause the children with more open minds just coming into the church to question what the fuck they're doing, watch them splinter like the Methodist Church is now.

The right to ridicule has always been there.  Nobody's stopping you or anyone else.

I've long supported yanking tax exemption from ALL religious organizations.  Are you proposing to do only for evangelical protestants? Or only conditional on breaching some speech? This is a realistic, workable, effective policy? 

1 minute ago, workswithseed said:

Why do you think this good? You must have a reason to say this is good. I mean apparently being against this kills people as I've been told. Why is telling kids that getting grown men to do dances half naked with a sign that says "it's not going to lick itself " a good thing?

Go back to your hateful hole.

• Haha 1

Just now, Dahobbs said:

Dude. You think it is ok to make your grand return by copying disingenuous hateful talking points in a thread discussing many deaths caused by that hate. Go fuck yourself. 

No, you can't argue why this okay. You're stalling hoping someone will protect you from your religious stupidity.

• Fuck You 10

17 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

Could you stop pushing your weird religious culture on kids?

Screenshot_20221122_193934.jpg

What, exactly, do you think that you're proving with this picture? Do you think you'd be a better parent to these kids than their actual parents? Probably not something I'd do, but kids tend to be more mature about this shit than we give them credit for. I'd put good money on these kids winding up being more open-minded, empathetic, and well-rounded than the kids sitting in a church hearing about how homos are destined for eternal damnation.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

What, exactly, do you think that you're proving with this picture? Do you think you'd be a better parent to these kids than their actual parents? Probably not something I'd do, but kids tend to be more mature about this shit than we give them credit for. I'd put good money on these kids winding up being more open-minded, empathetic, and well-rounded than the kids sitting in a church hearing about how homos are destined for eternal damnation.

Why not, it would make rhem open minded, or are you full of shit?

• Fuck You 10

the natural order of culpability for most bad acts in the world starts with the person, then their most immediate sphere of influence, and then extending outwards.

here's a persons whos innately a shithead that was likely raised terribly.  "look at the parents" (as poe suggested) is not an actionable solution, but how is "the church is terrible - and they should be taxed" a comparatively better response?  might as well indict violent music and video games along with it.

3 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

the natural order of culpability for most bad acts in the world starts with the person, then their most immediate sphere of influence, and then extending outwards.

here's a persons whos innately a shithead that was likely raised terribly.  "look at the parents" (as poe suggested) is not an actionable solution, but how is "the church is terrible - and they should be taxed" a comparatively better response?  might as well indict violent music and video games along with it.

You're being deliberately obtuse.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

Yes. Take no responsibility. That is the obvious way to proceed. Right wing hate speech isn't really responsible. No, no, no, it is really the family. More deflection. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

You're being deliberately obtuse.

That's been your song since the first stanza but sure, you never wrote that.  FTR I'm as atheist and anti-religion -- particularly of this fiery brand -- as they come.

Just now, Dahobbs said:

Yes. Take no responsibility. That is the obvious way to proceed. Right wing hate speech isn't really responsible. No, no, no, it is really the family. More deflection. 

How did you interpret 'no responsibility' from that? Sorry about your reading comprehension.

I said all are responsible. The natural foremost responsibility is the upbringing. Secondary is environmental external to that. If the church/internet is expousing bad ideas, it's still the household that's responsible for buffering it or amplifying it.  You know what comparative means, right?

Fine, big church bad.  Nothing else is relevant.

2 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

Seems familiar.

Ah yes, gay people should take responsibility for others hating them and killing them. Totally makes sense. You've allowed yourself to be completely taken in by your hateful YouTube videos and other right wing propaganda. If there is a hell, you're definitely embracing it. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Ah yes, gay people should take responsibility for others hating them and killing them. Totally makes sense. You've allowed yourself to be completely taken in by your hateful YouTube videos and other right wing propaganda. If there is a hell, you're definitely embracing it. 

You still haven't condemned it. 

• Fuck You 6

9 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

Condemned your random fucking picture that I have no context for and has nothing to do with this thread? Why the fuck would I condemn that. I don't know a goddamn thing about it. You however, I most certainly condemn. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Colorado has those laws but the El Paso County Sheriff is one of those Constitutional Sheriffs who claim their authority supersedes state and federal law.

He bragged and campaigned on ignoring the laws of Colorado.

970a911f9884a1cc96cce79b73f9039e.jpg

fddd7de5c80978f75984b62e37b53670.jpg

The “failure in the system” you’re deflecting about is rogue MAGA law enforcement.

How are these guys not getting the absolute fuck sued out of them? 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

Posting a “what about” like this in response to fucking MURDER is about as evil and morally reprehensible as a person can be. It’s one of the worst things you’ve ever done.

There are many things I condemn:
People who serve cobbler without ice cream
Driving slow in the fast lane
“Trickle down economics”
The New York Yankees
Steak cooked past medium
Skinny jeans

Coincidentally, it would also be fucking depraved and evil if I brought any of those up in response to 5 people just being murdered for that very thing.

Imagine how big a piece of shit I would be, if after someone shot 20+ people, killing 5, because they overcooked their steak, my response was “before we discuss anything, I need you all to condemn people who overcook their steak.” A person who would do that is a giant piece of shit. You probably don’t want to be that kind of person. It has real shades of “sure, we can talk about the Nazis and the final solution, but first, we really need to talk about all the bad things the Jews have done.”
  • Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Dahobbs said:

Finally, noting that "well over half" support or don't care about homosexuality isn't exactly the ringing endorsement you think it is. The negative implication is that a significant portion are against homosexuality, which, you know, describes a "groundswell" movement. 

A significant portion 'against' homosexuality is neither an endorsement for violence against homosexuals, like you try to connect.

Other cultures and societies are significantly MORE 'against homosexuality' than the US.  They don't have appear to have all this violence fomented from hateful rhetoric.

The real world is a complex system, so you mix a deranged person, childhood trauma, poor upbringing, access to weapon, and - yes - a backdrop of rhetoric, and you have a cocktail with a high probability for some bad outcome. 

For you to seem to want to isolate it to just the rhetoric, and be combative against anyone not in 100% alignment with that viewpoint, is very dishonest.

image.thumb.png.d7244d26bdc0e346118f63b97f2556ac.png

• Hook 'Em 1

The people who are against kids going to drag shows were the reason for the shootings until it was shown that he calls himself they/them. Somehow this makes sense, no one has called to kill the people, but to shame them. 

Naww, man…you’re just being really cruel and evil here. And you shouldn’t.
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

Oh shit I see we’ve gotten to the wws portion of the thread. Let me get out my advanced thesaurus and obscure religion texts to make sure I can keep up with his blisteringly intelligent and cogent stream of consciousness. 

There is a 50% chance he will be one of these shooters. He is well on that path. Young. Dumb. Angry. Desperate. 

• Hook 'Em 3