5 killed 18 injured in colorado springs gay nightclub shooting

52-80

2 minutes ago, FartingMonk said:

Ok.  if you want me to get fucking rude with you then let's go.  You're a dumb fuck that doesn't understand shit.  GET that into your feeble fucking brain.  I've never said shit about not wanting to make rules more strict.  You fucking dumb bitch ass feels like you know what you're talking about.  You want to talk about the science and the fucking truth, but you don't even understand the science behind the gun.  I don't consider guns to be pew pew toys.  SO fuck you

Hey, asshole, in my engineering career I have run research programs for fucking DARPA developing advanced kinetic weapons for the battlefield.  You had better watch your fucking space because you are way out of your league.

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

Hey, asshole, in my engineering career I have run research programs for fucking DARPA developing advanced kinetic weapons for the battlefield.  You had better watch your fucking space because you are way out of your league.

yeah,  ok bro.  you're so fucking smart that you can't distinguish what a high capacity round and what high firing rate is.  Shut the fuck up

Just now, FartingMonk said:

yeah,  ok bro.  you're so fucking smart that you can't distinguish what a high capacity round and what high firing rate is.  Shut the fuck up

You apparently can't read, and you're obviously drunk.  You would be wise to take your own advice, because you literally accepted my differentiation between the two.

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

I think jimmyjazz is saying that he might just have a friend that can redirect a satellite and rain a railgun  down upon you.   

Wouldn't that be ironic?

37 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

I think jimmyjazz is saying that he might just have a friend that can redirect a satellite and rain a railgun  down upon you.   

Wouldn't that be ironic?

Yeah the dude that says I don't care about people dying turns out to be a fucking weapons manufacturer.  I mean yeah I guess it will be ok if I get targeted by him as long as the kinetic weapons he's built isn't high capacity or has a high firing rate it's ok.  

1 minute ago, FartingMonk said:

Yeah the dude that says I don't care about people dying turns out to be a fucking weapons manufacturer.  I mean yeah I guess it will be ok if I get targeted by him as long as the kinetic weapons he's built isn't high capacity or has a high firing rate it's ok.  

Your reading comprehension is remarkably poor.  Take a nap and dry out.

More on topic: another hero of the shooting is speaking out from the hospital:

Thomas James, Navy sailor credited as hero in Club Q shooting, speaks out for first time from hospital bed: 'when you come out of the closet, come out swinging'

Among the heroes identified by witnesses and officials in the Club Q shooting was U.S. Navy Petty Officer 2nd Class Thomas James, who reportedly charged the suspected shooter with Richard Fierro and possibly others at the bar.

James, through a Centura Heath spokesman, issued a statement Sunday for the first time since the shooting at the Colorado Springs LGBTQ nightclub.

"I simply wanted to save the family I found," James said. "If I had my way, I would shield everyone I could from the nonsensical acts of hate in the world, but I am only one person."

"Thankfully, we are family, and family looks after one another," James continued. "We came a long way from Stonewall. Bullies aren't invincible. I want to support everyone who has known the pain and loss that have been all too common these past few years. My thoughts are with those we lost on Nov. 19, and those who are still recovering from their injuries. To the youth, I say be brave. Your family is out there. You are loved and valued. So when you come out of the closet, come out swinging." 

James is recovering from unspecified injuries at Centura Penrose Hospital in Colorado Springs, where a number of victims were sent after the shooting. A hospital spokesman said James is now in stable condition.

Colorado Springs Police Chief Adrian Vasquez said that James was one of two people who helped to stop the suspected shooter who walked into Club Q late on Nov. 19 with multiple firearms and is accused of killing five people. At least 17 others were injured.

James reportedly pushed a rifle out of the suspect's reach while Fierro repeatedly struck the shooter with a handgun they brought into the bar, officials have said.

Edited by Captainant
  • Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Captainant said:

And if anyone wants to know why this Navy hero was at a gay bar. It was because he was a submariner and when the boat surfaced he was the only single dude after the deployment 

1 minute ago, Brian Fantana said:

Same. At least, that's the story I'm sticking with.

At this point in my career, if my product kills you, it means you dropped it in the tub while you were soaking, and you had it plugged in.  At some point, that's on you, since it runs on battery.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Congratulations for doing exactly what I said y'all shouldn't do.  Gaslighting, nit-picking, missing the entire fucking point.  I hate this topic.  Fuck it.  You ARE part of the problem.  

THERE IS NO "GOOD FAITH".

Sounds like great faith from you, really. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, Captainant said:

The fact that the same folks who deified Rittenhouse are silent on this dude (and the other heroes from that night) is simultaneously predictable and shameful.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, safe sex said:

Man, that discussion about the piece of shit possibly being non-binary sure calmed down quick lmao

Look, I don’t want your queer ass, trans bullshit identity politics in my government, schools, or houses of worship.  But I’ll be goddamned if I won’t have non-binary gender narratives of convenience be a cornerstone of my criminal justice system!  

• Haha 1

On 11/22/2022 at 9:35 PM, babysdaddy said:

I wonder if this sort of lying to the court could face any sanction, if it turns out that was truly just a cynical ruse attempt

Edit: nvm I'm tripping, if all they did was use a different pronoun on a filing then who gives a shit. He still got hit with a shitload of hate charges, we'll have to see what his defense ends up being if it goes to trial

Edited by Captainant

5 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

Look at that, who could've predicted.

Not sgt hulk

On 11/23/2022 at 12:36 PM, Sgt Hulk said:

I came here for the back tracking too lol. Narrative changed quickly once they realized the evil right wing red necks weren’t at fault   They really just need to make guns illegal so no one will own them 

Any moment now you'll be back on this thread to continue your celebration. Wait for it...

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

On 11/24/2022 at 7:06 PM, Handcruser said:

I’ll address all of that when I have time. Family shot right now. That’s a lot to digest and respond to.

Again, tell me all of the stupid laws you will advocate to do away with.

I appreciate your response.

Coming back to point out that you never addressed my post as you promised. Guess you're still tending to your family shot.

The presiding judge unsealed Aldrich's previous bomb threat case files (AP reporting)

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (AP) — The suspect in the Colorado gay nightclub shooting that killed five people tried to reclaim guns that were seized after a 2021 bomb threat, but a prosecutor said Thursday that the weapons not returned.

Authorities ultimately dropped criminal charges in the 2021 case against Anderson Lee Aldrich after family members he allegedly threatened to kill stopped cooperating with prosecutors.

Clad in body armor and carrying an AR-15-style rifle, Authorities say Aldrich entered Club Q just before midnight on Nov. 19 and opened fire, killing five people and wounding 17 before patrons wrestled the attacker to the ground.

THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. AP’s earlier story follows below.

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (AP) — Authorities dropped a 2021 bomb threat case against the suspect in the Colorado Springs gay nightclub shooting after family members refused to cooperate, the district attorney said Thursday.

El Paso County District Attorney Michael Allen spoke hours after a judge unsealed the case, which indicated that the suspect threatened to kill relatives and to become the “next mass killer” more than a year before the nightclub attack that killed five people.

Aldrich’s statements in the case, which was dropped over the summer, have raised questions about why authorities did not seek to seize the suspect’s guns under Colorado’s “red flag” law.

Judge Robin Chittum said the “profound” public interest in the case outweighed Aldrich’s privacy rights. The judge added that scrutiny of judicial cases is “foundational to our system of government.”

“The only way for that scrutiny to occur is for this to be unsealed,” she said.

Aldrich, 22, was arrested in June 2021 on allegations of making a bomb threat that led to the evacuation of about 10 homes. Aldrich threatened to harm family members and boasted of having bomb-making materials, ammunition and multiple weapons, according to law enforcement documents.

Aldrich was booked into jail on suspicion of felony menacing and kidnapping. The case was later dropped, and officials have refused to speak about it, citing a state law that calls for dismissed cases to be sealed.

The judge’s order to release the records comes after news organizations, including The Associated Press, sought to unseal the documents, and two days after AP published portions of the sealed documents that were verified with a law enforcement official.

The papers detail how Aldrich told frightened grandparents about firearms and bomb-making material in the grandparents’ basement and vowed not to let them interfere with plans for Aldrich to be “the next mass killer” and “go out in a blaze.”

Aldrich then pointed a Glock handgun at the grandparents as they pleaded for their lives and said, “You guys die today … I’m loaded and ready.”

The documents also detailed how the grandparents fled for their lives and called 911 and how fear of a bomb blast prompted the evacuation of nearby homes.

Aldrich — who uses they/them pronouns and is nonbinary, according to their attorneys — holed up in their mother’s home in a standoff with SWAT teams and warned about having armor-piercing rounds and a determination to “go to the end.”

Eventually, a barefoot Aldrich came out with hands raised and surrendered.

The law enforcement official who confirmed the documents to the AP spoke on condition of anonymity because the official was not authorized to talk about the papers.

Aldrich also was the subject of a tip received by the FBI a day before the bomb threat. Agents closed out the case just weeks later.

Under Colorado law, records are automatically sealed when a case is dropped and defendants are not prosecuted, as happened in Aldrich’s 2021 case. Once sealed, officials cannot acknowledge that the records exist, and the process to unseal the documents initially happens behind closed doors with no docket to follow and an unnamed judge.

“This is one of the strangest hearings I think I’ve ever had,” Chittum said. “I’m having a hearing about a case that none of us is to recognize.”

Chittum ruled despite objections from the suspect’s attorney and mother.

Public defender Joseph Archambault argued that while the public has an interest in the case, Aldrich’s right to a fair trial was paramount.

“This will make sure there is no presumption of innocence,” Archambault said.

During Thursday’s hearing, Aldrich sat at the defense table looking straight ahead or down at times and did not appear to show any reaction when their mother’s lawyer asked that the case remain sealed.

An attorney for Aldrich’s mother argued that unsealing the case would increase the likelihood that Laura Voepel would suffer harm harassment, intimidation or retaliation.

Aldrich was formally charged Tuesday with 305 criminal counts, including hate crimes and murder, in the Nov. 19 shooting at Club Q, a sanctuary for the LGBTQ community in mostly conservative Colorado Springs.

Investigators say Aldrich entered just before midnight with an AR-15-style semiautomatic rifle and began shooting during a drag queen’s birthday celebration. Patrons stopped the killing by wrestling the suspect to the ground and beating Aldrich into submission, witnesses said.

Seventeen people suffered gunshot wounds but survived, authorities said.

Conviction on the murder charges would carry the harshest penalty — likely life in prison.

So according to the police report, one year prior to him shooting up a gay club he:

• Caused the evacuation of 10 homes with his bomb threat
  • Threatened family members and bragged about how much bomb making stuff he had
  • Pointed handguns at his grandparents and made them plead for their lives
  • Forced the local PD to utilize SWAT to defuse his standoff
  • And was the subject of a tip to the FBI prior to his bomb threat

And yet, some local chucklefuck sheriff who believes in MUH SECOND AMMENDMENT(!!!!) decided that red flag laws are for pussies and let this dangerous terrorist retain his firearms. God fucking bless america.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

• 6 months later...
On 11/23/2022 at 7:57 PM, Brisketexan said:

You should stop now. You really, really, really should. For your own sake.
And also because that drag show didn’t murder anyone this weekend. But 5 people AT a drag show WERE murdered. By a guy who grew up influenced by a father who sees being gay as worse than being a murderer.
You really need to back the fuck up and realize how evil you are being here.

Unless I’m unaware of a sock, he hasn’t made a post since this. Maybe he got right, maybe his socialized wedding changed his mind or maybe he’s a dad now and realizes his kid could end up a certain way he didn’t.

randomly thought of this dude just now and didn’t find anything on his profile

Edited by StassneyHorn