USA World Cup Match 1: Wales

Captain Ron

Wales will likely play a 3-4-3 while in attack (which will primarily be counterattacking) and a 5-4-1 while in defense. 

They have good speed on the wings on the counter with James and Johnson (both EPL players).  Bale will probably start as a false 9 with Aaron Ramsey (in decline but experienced) and Ampadu (Chelsea loanee in Serie A) in CM.  

Their back five consists of two EPL starters (including Ben Davies from Spurs) and a Ligue 1 starter at CB, and an EPL and Championship player at wingback.  GK will also be an EPL starter.

I can definitely envision greggg getting his ass handed to him tactically here.

9 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Their GOAT is on the team but he’s in the MLS stage of his career. Quite a few other PL players but mostly for bottom tier teams.

So, it’s going to be tough.

I'm just quoting Sir Charles. 

Bale is a pussy. He won't do shit. 

Well, damnit, I've got to work. Something "important" came up and I won't be able to watch this live.

During the course of the game, if anyone finds a link to a YouTube stream that would allow me to watch the match on delay after work, please DM it to me. I will be very grateful and promise not to respond with any dick pics**.

** This time.

3 minutes ago, tokamak said:

Is England demolishing Iran good, bad, or indifferent for us?

Probably good. It's very likely England will top the group so them demolishing everyone but us is likely to be good. Unless we blow the roof off and beat Iran and Wales while getting a draw vs England. That seems incredibly unlikely. 

5 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

Probably good. It's very likely England will top the group so them demolishing everyone but us is likely to be good. Unless we blow the roof off and beat Iran and Wales while getting a draw vs England. That seems incredibly unlikely. 

England could also fuck around and lose to Wales.

2 hours ago, alincoln said:

Wales will likely play a 3-4-3 while in attack (which will primarily be counterattacking) and a 5-4-1 while in defense. 

They have good speed on the wings on the counter with James and Johnson (both EPL players).  Bale will probably start as a false 9 with Aaron Ramsey (in decline but experienced) and Ampadu (Chelsea loanee in Serie A) in CM.  

Their back five consists of two EPL starters (including Ben Davies from Spurs) and a Ligue 1 starter at CB, and an EPL and Championship player at wingback.  GK will also be an EPL starter.

I can definitely envision greggg getting his ass handed to him tactically here.

yup

we don't have a european defense

they do

praying this is not a repeat of '06

50 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

only in rare circumstances is your world cup fate decided after matchday 1

in the modern era our fate was sealed on matchday 2 only in '98

at a minimum, today, get something out of this

i would be more than okay with a FULL SAM

park the fucking bus