USA World Cup Match 1: Wales

Captain Ron

2 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Maybe don’t tackle their best player in the box in the 80th minute 

my quote about the shithousery payback wasn't related to the idiotic penalty.  it was about all the "injuries" wales guys started getting in extra time.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, shadow_operative said:

we are just about done. after friday it'll be england on 6, wales on 4, usa on 1. at that point even a draw for wales ends our run. fucking terrible.

Im also not convinced that this shitty Wales team is gonna be able to get it done against Iran. I could see Iran parking the bus and trying for a 0-0 tie and then a win against the USA. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

South Africa, Russia, and Qatar are literally all joke hosts. We have had one normal host since 2006 Germany and that was 2014 Brazil.

South Africa has the infrastructure of a poor 1st World country and was a capable host. I really wanted to go to that World Cup and regret not doing so.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

we are just about done. after friday it'll be england on 6, wales on 4, usa on 1. at that point even a draw for wales ends our run. fucking terrible.

yep and england will be through so they will be resting. Really need to play england close on friday to have a shot. And root like hell for Iran. 

1 minute ago, shadow_operative said:

Even a draw against England huh?

I mean you're probably right because England won't have anything to play for but still

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Zepol87 said:

2nd half was shit, ref was shit but no reason for that shitty of a second half. God damnit this team. Beat Iran, and hope England beats the shit out Wales and we should be alright

This is my problem with Gregg, we’re hoping in things now. Garbage. This game was winnable and he let it slip through our fingers. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I mean, it’s not inconceivable that we draw England or that Iran loses to these clowns. There’s a pretty decent chance that it’s England 6,  Wales 2, US and Iran 1 with us just needing to beat Iran to advance. 
Pretty shitty 2nd half and even though we were better in the 1st we weren’t near dangerous enough. 
Also, Holy Shit the set pieces were ass. My goodness. US used to eat there wth happened?  

8 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Holy shit Acosta. You fucking suck. 

8 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Acosta is so bad

image.gif.5de60ec9b858d1a6cc3cfd1addeee34b.gif

6 minutes ago, Juicy said:

he just saved the game 

image.gif.1e2b95635883dc921516e193826c7bdf.gif

6 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Smart foul

That foul earned Kellyn his seat in the plane. 

As soon as Kellyn walks on the field, he should take every set piece.

So glad that Jordan Morris came on in the 87th minute (?) rather than Gio Reyna as soon as aBale knocked in the PK.

Berhalter is such a douche.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Just now, Wulaw Horn said:

I mean, it’s not inconceivable that we draw England or that Iran loses to these clowns. There’s a pretty decent chance that it’s England 6,  Wales 2, US and Iran 1 with us just needing to beat Iran to advance. 
Pretty shitty 2nd half and even though we were better in the 1st we weren’t near dangerous enough. 
Also, Holy Shit the set pieces were ass. My goodness. US used to eat there wth happened?  

If those results happen going into the 3rd match it’s:

england 4

wales 4

USA 2

iran 0

win and we should be thru. 

2 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

We had no offensive game plan when we turned them over. 4 on 4 breaks and we were completely static. No strategy, no understanding between players on where/when to run and when to pass. 

It’s almost like any game Gergg wasted all his games to get players to gel on players that didn’t even make the team. 

8 minutes ago, goatsaag said:

I wish we hadn't completely ignored Weah on the right basically the whole 2nd half. It felt like every time we had a decent break, he had tons of space there and never saw the ball. Also shocked that Reyna didn't come in at the same time as Aaronson.

Well had to save a spot for Jordan Mor...bahahahaha sorry I couldn't make that post with a straight face.