Ohio State vs Michigan. The Game. Fox. 11 am Saturday

Parliament

I know there's a rule about starting game threads before game day, but I think this one is important enough for an exception.  If not, I will accept my ban and go bring my insufferability somewhere else.

Big stakes in this one.  Winner stays on track for the playoff and the loser likely misses out.  These two teams are very different.  Ohio State has a high-power passing attack with just incredible depth at WR, and now a good receiving TE.  Partially because of injury, our run game has struggled.  (We'll probably start a true freshman, his first start ever, on Saturday.)  Detractors say our offense is a bit soft and plays like a finicky Lamborghini, and that's fair.  We score points in short bursts.  Sometimes that's in the 1st quarter and sometimes it's late in the game.  Keep an eye on "X Man" Xavier Johnson.  He plays WR and special teams and found a knack as a RB pinch hitter.  He's real good at following his blocks and is surprisingly comfortable running up the middle.  Not super skilled at things, but just loves playing football.

Jim Knowles has done a great job.  His is a a safety-driven defense, and we have great safeties.  Great LB play (watch Tommy Eichenberg) and depth at DL.  Our DL plays quiet but has a knack for stepping up at key times.

Michigan lives on its running attack.  Blake Corum is one of the best RB's in the nation and has been comfortable carrying the ball +25 times a game.  But he hurt his knee last week.  Will definitely play but not at 100%.  QB J.J. McCarthy is a great runner, a gamer, and pretty good on rollouts.  But call pocket passes (like Harbaugh does too much of) and he's...suspect.

Michigan lost a lot of defensive talent this year but didn't fall off, and have the best total defense stat in the country.  Their CB's are a huge liability though and teams have oddly not challenged them.  That's.  Gonna.  Change on Saturday.  Harrison, Egbuka, Fleming and TE Stover are gonna try real hard to expose them.  We'll see.

I know I'm biased here, but I sincerely hope Coach Day does this to Jim Harbaugh:

dumpster-trash-can.gif

• Like 2

Fuck Ohio State

GO BLUE

Michigan wins easily, Ohio State is too inconsistent and opens games up late with a surge that happens because they overwhelm people late in the game. 

Michigan lives for 4 full quarters of smashmouth and Ohio State is gonna have their hands full. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

If Corum isn't healthy Michigan is screwed offensively and won't win. There's only so many 6-yard outs that McCarthy can throw to his TE. Their best chance is to slow the game down but without Corum that's not going to happen. But he was out delivering turkeys yesterday so maybe he's okay.  I don't know how many cuts he was making while handing out birds but it's still probably a good sign for Michigan. 

This game is going to be very ugly afterwards. Ohio state will rush the field if they win, and their trailer trash army will 100% try to inflict serious violence on the Michigan team. It could be a historically bad event that may end rushing the field for a long time and I’m not joking. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Helobious said:

This game is going to be very ugly afterwards. Ohio state will rush the field if they win, and their trailer trash army will 100% try to inflict serious violence on the Michigan team. It could be a historically bad event that may end rushing the field for a long time and I’m not joking. 

I’d enjoy seeing this play out. The players have helmets and cleats so I’d rather enjoy watching rednecks get domed in the fucking skull by athletes. 

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

So in other words, in true Helobious fashion, nothing unusual will happen after the game. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Parliament said:

The Nebraska fans I know prefer us over Michigan.  Take that as you will.

We don’t need fucking Nebraska fans for guidance about how shitty your fanbase is. We’ve played y’all. We have tvs. 

I am rooting for one team and one team only when it comes to the playoff and that is Michigan. Not because I like Michigan, but because they’re close enough to who we are that I can respect them. After that, fuck Ohio State, Georgia, USC, Alabama, TCU and Clemson in that order. 

• Hook 'Em 6

2 hours ago, Helobious said:

Ohio State won in OT in Columbus in 2016, the fans rushed the field, AND . . . nothing happened.   

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, immamac said:

Fuck Ohio State

GO BLUE

Michigan wins easily, Ohio State is too inconsistent and opens games up late with a surge that happens because they overwhelm people late in the game. 

Michigan lives for 4 full quarters of smashmouth and Ohio State is gonna have their hands full. 

oof that's a big promise 

2 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Fuck both these teams. But fuck Ohio state more 

yes but my money is still on em

• Hook 'Em 1

Every year when this game comes around, I like to marinate in the understanding that we have scoreboard on both of these teams with a combined 3-1 all-time record, including a Rose Bowl win, a Fiesta Bowl win, and a de facto national semifinal win in the Horseshoe.

But y'all enjoy "The Game."

• Hook 'Em 6

31 minutes ago, Helobious said:

This is a bigger game and Ohio state hasn’t actually beat Michigan in 3 years. It’s different. 

2006.  #1 Ohio State beat #2 Michigan 42-39 in Columbus, the fans rushed the field, AND . . . nothing happened.   

2012.  Ohio State beat Michigan 26-21 in Columbus to complete an undefeated regular season and avenge the previous year's loss in Ann Arbor, the fans rushed the field, AND . . . nothing happened.   

The tickets are $1,500 a seat, the students are repeatedly informed they will be kicked out of school if they do anything, the game is at noon and there will be hundreds of police on the field.  Nothing will happen except a bit of aggravation to the bruising your puss received in the ALCS.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

.7cfb709954f2ec5af0fe0e4f241ff72f.jpg

Honestly shocked that those are the QB options for Michigan.  I've never heard of Rick Leach.  I searched up best Michigan QB's and the list is bleak.  Tom Brady obviously is the best NFL QB, but with a mediocre college career.  Jim Harbaugh might be the 2nd best?

29 minutes ago, Plorant said:

Honestly shocked that those are the QB options for Michigan.  I've never heard of Rick Leach.  I searched up best Michigan QB's and the list is bleak.  Tom Brady obviously is the best NFL QB, but with a mediocre college career.  Jim Harbaugh might be the 2nd best?

They should’ve put Denard Robinson on there instead.

I hope the winner of this game loses to Iowa in the B1G championship game 13-10 and Iowa gets its 13 with approximately 167 yards of offense and by scoring 2 safeties, a field goal, and a defensive touchdown with a missed extra point.  I know it is unlikely this happens, but one can hope.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, ScottS said:

I hope the winner of this game loses to Iowa in the B1G championship game 13-10 and Iowa gets its 13 with approximately 167 yards of offense and by scoring 2 safeties, a field goal, and a defensive touchdown with a missed extra point.  I know it is unlikely this happens, but one can hope.

That, sir, is a very specific fantasy. 
Do you have an Iowa kink, or just the regular hate for OSU & UM?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1