Ohio State vs Michigan. The Game. Fox. 11 am Saturday

Parliament

20 minutes ago, n64ra said:

So you want both in the CFP?

The committee has stressed that a conference title carries a lot of weight. I know a lot of people think a 1-loss Michigan would get in over a 1-loss USC or Clemson that is a conference champ but I disagree.

Ohio State has a slight edge in talent and a bigger edge in coaching. Throw in +7 for the home team. 50-degrees and a 40% chance of rain on Saturday, so weather isn't likely to be a factor. I'll miss my post-game celebration with my father-in-law this year. He was a hardcore Buckeye with a healthy respect and love for Texas and Longhorn fans because he's never been treated better anywhere than Austin in '05.  

27 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

‘06?

Maybe his father loved coming to Austin and watching the Longhorns rip their hearts out... in the "Shoe"...at night.

Side note, my aggy MIL mae comments all day and night about how Texas had no shot to win let alone stay within 2 TDs in 2005. I cannot tell you how big my smile was when Limas caught that ball. Ear to Ear. 😁

OSU LBs were legit that day though. Toughest three we'd seen in a while.

Edited by Droopy
Still rooting for Michigan

22 hours ago, Helobious said:

This game is going to be very ugly afterwards. Ohio state will rush the field if they win, and their trailer trash army will 100% try to inflict serious violence on the Michigan team. It could be a historically bad event that may end rushing the field for a long time and I’m not joking. 

This is all true except for the fact that it has already happened at least a couple of times in the past and no Xichigan player or coach was accosted or injured.

2 hours ago, JFKFC said:

The committee has stressed that a conference title carries a lot of weight. I know a lot of people think a 1-loss Michigan would get in over a 1-loss USC or Clemson that is a conference champ but I disagree.

Yeah, the only way that happens is if Michigan moves to the SEC immediately.

3 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

That, sir, is a very specific fantasy. 
Do you have an Iowa kink, or just the regular hate for OSU & UM?

I am not afraid to admit that I have many kinks, but none are Iowa based.  I have just gotten a kick all season long of how inept Iowa has been offensively yet here they are with a chance to win the west in the B1G and maybe really screw things up by winning the B1G.

Hate might be a little strong but I certainly have no love for Michigan and Ohio State.  Maybe I dislike Michigan a little less.

I am one of those types that if Texas is not in the mix, then I root for maximum chaos.  Unless Georgia loses to both Georgia Tech and LSU I think they are all abut assured of being in the playoff at this point.  Hell, even if they lose both of those games they are probably still in.  So I want Georgia to lose to LSU in the SEC title game, Iowa (or Illinois or Purdue) to beat Michigan in the B1G title game (because I want to see the mental gymnastics the committee would have to go through to put a 1 loss, non conference champion Michigan team in the playoff given their aggy-level weak non-conference schedule), Oregon to beat USC in the Pac-12 title game, and Texas to get into the Big XII title game and beat TCU.  And, not that I think it would matter much, but if Clemson was to lose the ACC title game, that would be sweet.  Although watching the committee trying to figure out what to do with Clemson if they do win the ACC would also be fun.

College football is at its best when the craziness is at maximum.

Edited by ScottS
ou sucks

3 hours ago, Droopy said:

Maybe his father loved coming to Austin and watching the Longhorns rip their hearts out... in the "Shoe"...at night.

Side note, my aggy MIL mae comments all day and night about how Texas had no shot to win let alone stay within 2 TDs in 2005. I cannot tell you how big my smile was when Limas caught that ball. Ear to Ear. 😁

Your MIL is named "mae"?

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, choripan said:

I'm a Michigan alum and it's not particularly close. Shoe > Michigan stadium.

We can rock sometimes, but not just about always like them. Stadium shape plays a role, too.

The big house is a fun venue, but the lower the IQ the rowdier the fans, so… i guess tOSU wins that battle.

• Hook 'Em 2

Me. I don't want dorky ass Michigan in the playoffs. At least Ohio State can compete and win.

Decent point. I guess arguably a more talented Michigan team was trounced by Georgia last year,34-11. I don’t think JJ McCarthy or Cade McNamara stand a chance again this year. Stroud could make things interesting at least

I’m always going to pull for Michigan in this game first because I’ve never liked Ohio State, second because of my experience with their fans. Your experiences may have differed, but I hung out with some really nice Michigan fans at the Rose Bowl and there was at a single person in red and gray that didn’t act like or even look like an insufferable prick when I went to Columbus in ‘05 for that game, and that includes their women.

If you have an hour to kill, this is a pretty good little documentary. There’s a new documentary produced by Bally Sports that’s airing on FOX tonight at 8 PM ET but I don’t know if that’s a national broadcast. It’s not bad. Apparently it’s the first episode of a new series called “Rivals.”

It’s good but this is better:

On 11/22/2022 at 2:16 PM, closetojumping said:

We don’t need fucking Nebraska fans for guidance about how shitty your fanbase is. We’ve played y’all. We have tvs. 

I am rooting for one team and one team only when it comes to the playoff and that is Michigan. Not because I like Michigan, but because they’re close enough to who we are that I can respect them. After that, fuck Ohio State, Georgia, USC, Alabama, TCU and Clemson in that order. 

This shit right here. Texas : Michigan :: Oklahoma : Ohio State. I don't get the "fuck both these teams" sentiment. I don't have great love for Michigan or anything - mostly neutral - but that's much more positive than my outlook on Ohio State. They are not on the same level. Go Blue.

Also, the upthread post mentioning that Ohio State has a significant coaching advantage - not sure on that one.

• Hook 'Em 1

As a kid, I liked Michigan more than Ohio State because their uniforms were much cooler and their fight song was much better. 

As an adult, I like Michigan more because I attended a game in Columbus and those assholes make Tech fans seem civilized by comparison. Those beer can throwing tools can die in a couch fire. 

Also, the Michigan fans at the Rose Bowl were pretty cool and warned us about Columbus. I thought they were exaggerating — they weren’t — or that it was because they were rivals — it wasn’t. 

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I'd love Michigan to win today but I think Ohio State is going to destroy them. It feels like when Texas went into the OU game under Mack. Ohio State is always more comfortable and ready with something extra to win this game. 

Unfortunately without a healthy Corum Michigan is fucked. I will still be up at Pluckers on S Lamar to support them in the war against the shitbricks

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

I'd love Michigan to win today but I think Ohio State is going to destroy them. It feels like when Texas went into the OU game under Mack. Ohio State is always more comfortable and ready with something extra to win this game. 

Tend to agree. Seems like OSU has (especially) had this game circled for 364 days. 

Ohio state is a piece of shit school filled with piece of shit people in a piece of shit state. 

but they are gonna get up in that Michigan ass. No corum (or severely diminished one) means the UM qb is going to have to do QB things and I’m not sure he has the tools. 

30-21 type score. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

The Bucks have spent the last month playing like they’ve been looking ahead to this game. They’d better show it today. And it’s all-or-nothing for CJ Stroud. He can win the Heisman today or he could leave OSU without any gold pants and with an 0-2 record against TTUN.

No pressure or anything.