Ohio State vs Michigan. The Game. Fox. 11 am Saturday

Parliament

I could nitpick a couple specific calls (57 yard FG lol wut???) but Harbaugh deserves enormous props for this.

His team played a clean, composed game. They worked in aggressive calls selectively without forgetting who they are. They executed and hit those big plays. They didn’t blink when Ohio State had the momentum early. They physically dominated the second half. 28-3 after halftime.

Ohio State, in contrast, had several dumb penalties, drops, etc. One team looked prepared for the quality of opponent, the pressure, the stakes… and one didn’t.

Harbaugh may be an oddball but he can coach.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Spider2YBanana said:

No and yes. They'll give him another 2 years and then we can make a run at him. Just make sure he's 500 yards away from all daycares

They don't taking losing to Michigan lightly no matter how much success the coach has otherwise. If he loses this game again next year, then I could see him being on the chopping block. I would absolutely take him over Sark if we have another mediocre year next year.

USC and TCU need to take care of business. There is no way a team that gets blown out at home deserves to even sniff the playoffs. 

Put Clemson in over these clowns. They should go play 7 on 7 because they can’t play real football. 

4 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

The Bucks have spent the last month playing like they’ve been looking ahead to this game. They’d better show it today. And it’s all-or-nothing for CJ Stroud. He can win the Heisman today or he could leave OSU without any gold pants and with an 0-2 record against TTUN.

No pressure or anything. 

I think the pressure is off now.

• Haha 1

On 11/22/2022 at 11:21 AM, Parliament said:

I know there's a rule about starting game threads before game day, but I think this one is important enough for an exception.  If not, I will accept my ban and go bring my insufferability somewhere else.

Big stakes in this one.  Winner stays on track for the playoff and the loser likely misses out.  These two teams are very different.  Ohio State has a high-power passing attack with just incredible depth at WR, and now a good receiving TE.  Partially because of injury, our run game has struggled.  (We'll probably start a true freshman, his first start ever, on Saturday.)  Detractors say our offense is a bit soft and plays like a finicky Lamborghini, and that's fair.  We score points in short bursts.  Sometimes that's in the 1st quarter and sometimes it's late in the game.  Keep an eye on "X Man" Xavier Johnson.  He plays WR and special teams and found a knack as a RB pinch hitter.  He's real good at following his blocks and is surprisingly comfortable running up the middle.  Not super skilled at things, but just loves playing football.

Jim Knowles has done a great job.  His is a a safety-driven defense, and we have great safeties.  Great LB play (watch Tommy Eichenberg) and depth at DL.  Our DL plays quiet but has a knack for stepping up at key times.

Michigan lives on its running attack.  Blake Corum is one of the best RB's in the nation and has been comfortable carrying the ball +25 times a game.  But he hurt his knee last week.  Will definitely play but not at 100%.  QB J.J. McCarthy is a great runner, a gamer, and pretty good on rollouts.  But call pocket passes (like Harbaugh does too much of) and he's...suspect.

Michigan lost a lot of defensive talent this year but didn't fall off, and have the best total defense stat in the country.  Their CB's are a huge liability though and teams have oddly not challenged them.  That's.  Gonna.  Change on Saturday.  Harrison, Egbuka, Fleming and TE Stover are gonna try real hard to expose them.  We'll see.

I know I'm biased here, but I sincerely hope Coach Day does this to Jim Harbaugh:

dumpster-trash-can.gif

LOL. Bringing in a big 12 defensive coordinator to stop Michigan is a hilarious step. It worked well for them. 

• Haha 1

Just now, JesusSweatDuck said:

Also, Corum is overrated. Look how easy it is to run behind that line. Bijan is miles better 

Edwards is incredible in his own right. But yeah second half the O line just makes these teams quit. Credit to Illinois for hanging tough. Way tougher than day’s squad of cotton balls