Ohio State vs Michigan. The Game. Fox. 11 am Saturday

Parliament

Michigan is my other team. All week, I was having flashbacks to 2006 and how devastated I was watching that game (#1 vs #2) from a bar in downtown atx. I can’t tell you how happy I am to see them dominate in the ‘shoe. OSU is overdue for a little regression to the mean, so I hope those fuckers overreact and burn it down after an 11-1 season. Go Blue.

2 hours ago, aggie08 said:

[looks around to see if it's safe to finally dust off my "Jim Harbaugh is the best pure football coach at any level" scorching hot take from a decade ago]

The best pure coach is always going to be coaching in the NFL. 

If you want to tell me he's the best motivator and organizational leader then sure I might buy that. 

33 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Ryan Day is a good coach, but I'll say it again- he will never win them a championship. Ever. But I'd take him as a coach as long as he went door to door to let his neighbors know he's a sex offender and he's not allowed within 500 yards of a daycare 

What’s the back story with the day care stuff? This isn’t the first time I’ve seen comments like yours today. 

2 hours ago, Juicy said:

USC and TCU need to take care of business. There is no way a team that gets blown out at home deserves to even sniff the playoffs. 

Put Clemson in over these clowns. They should go play 7 on 7 because they can’t play real football. 

Ohio St getting in would be the same as 2001 Nebraska. Didn't even win their division. Got blown out last game of season.

Then again, how many times has Bama gotten this treatment? The media and committee definitely respects Ohio St so it can easily happen shall it arise.

I am going to assume Michigan is in no matter what now? Even if they lost the Big 10 conference championship. Georgia the same. They are in no matter what,

49 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Ryan Day is a good coach, but I'll say it again- he will never win them a championship. Ever. But I'd take him as a coach as long as he went door to door to let his neighbors know he's a sex offender and he's not allowed within 500 yards of a daycare 

I wonder how good of a coach he really is. He took over a program very rich. Easy to recruit and Urban left it in good shape. Their schedule has so many wins baked into the schedule every single year. Ohio St steps on the field and easily just out talents 90% of the Big 10 teams. Do they even travel on the road outside of their state non conference? He reminds me of Lincoln Riley. Took over a very good Stoops program and rode the wave for awhile. 

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

I wonder how good of a coach he really is. He took over a program very rich. Easy to recruit and Urban left it in good shape. Their schedule has so many wins baked into the schedule every single year. Ohio St steps on the field and easily just out talents 90% of the Big 10 teams. Do they even travel on the road outside of their state non conference? He reminds me of Lincoln Riley. Took over a very good Stoops program and rode the wave for awhile. 

This is also my thinking. How hard is it to recruit to Ohio State? Not very hard. He took over a program that already had built-in advantages and a cabinet stocked with unbelievable talent. But he's not getting it done when it matters. They rarely travel outside of their state like you said, the Big 10 is a pussy conference overall, and the only team he really has to worry about is now Michigan and sometimes Penn St. That's it. Since making the CFP in 2021 (I think was the year?) he's regressed with a Heisman caliber QB and a sure fire first round pick in CJ Stroud. He has as much talent as anyone in the country and he's now suffering losses to UM two years in a row. Ohio State ain't gonna like that if he loses again. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

I am going to assume Michigan is in no matter what now? Even if they lost the Big 10 conference championship. Georgia the same. They are in no matter what,

I think Michigan and UGA are both in even with a loss. Unless either of them get embarrassed (sorry not happening Purdue) 

I think TCU probably gets in with a loss next week unless LSU upsets UGA. USC will have to win them both. 

1UGA vs USC

Michigan vs TCU if they all win out

1Michigan vs LSU

TCU vs UGA if LSU wins next week. 

Chaos happens and they all lose it’s probably still one of those 4 but in a different order. 

I saw people saying bama would be in with a Michigan or TCU loss but I think that is absurd. A two loss non division champ has no business. 

Just now, Juicy said:

I think Michigan and UGA are both in even with a loss. Unless either of them get embarrassed (sorry not happening Purdue) 

I think TCU probably gets in with a loss next week unless LSU upsets UGA. USC will have to win them both. 

1UGA vs USC

Michigan vs TCU if they all win out

1Michigan vs LSU

TCU vs UGA if LSU wins next week. 

Chaos happens and they all lose it’s probably still one of those 4 but in a different order. 

I saw people saying bama would be in with a Michigan or TCU loss but I think that is absurd. A two loss non division champ has no business. 

Bama has no shot. I think UGA and Mich are in regardless probably. I'm not sure TCU is (even though that's fucking stupid). USC is in with 2 wins. LSU is probably in with a win. Outside of that it gets weird. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I think Day is an OK coach but nothing special. Great recruiter 100%

i feel like any decent coach could do what he has done with Urbans roster and their recruiting. Will be interested to see if they keep pulling in top 3 classes without going to the playoffs. 

Harbaugh said it best last year “some people standing on 3rd think they hit a triple. They didn’t”

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Bama has no shot. I think UGA and Mich are in regardless probably. I'm not sure TCU is (even though that's fucking stupid). USC is in with 2 wins. LSU is probably in with a win. Outside of that it gets weird. 

I agree with all this. The top 3 this week (Tuesday) should remain in the top 4 even if all 3 lose next weekend. USC or LSU have to win out. 

If USC and LSU win out and Michigan TCU and UGA all lose, I think, TCU is the odd man out.  

If everyone wins out (except UGA) LSU should be the odd man out with 2 losses but I think the committee will really push for that 2 team SEC bracket over USC

Edited by Juicy

TCU should be considered the Big 12 champion even if they lose next week. Once again, the Big 12 championship game is a ridiculous farce.  TCU just went undefeated in a pure round robin beating every other team in the conference.  They will play a team they already beat which has 2 or 3 conference losses in the championship game.  The extra game is nonsensical bullshit, and even if that team beats TCU, they still will have a worse conference record against the same schedule.

100% this

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

The best pure coach is always going to be coaching in the NFL. 

If you want to tell me he's the best motivator and organizational leader then sure I might buy that. 

In my defense, when I made that argument, he was coaching in the NFL.

2 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

In my defense, when I made that argument, he was coaching in the NFL.

It's entirely possible you're right. I just think that the game does a good job of filtering the best coaches out of the top league. 

Granted - there are some coaches in college that make as much if not more than NFL coaches. And it's a very different job. 

I think Harbaugh is a phenomenal coach. I just find it hard to believe that the best of the best aren't the best 3-4 guys in the NFL.