Ohio State vs Michigan. The Game. Fox. 11 am Saturday

Parliament

20 minutes ago, Juicy said:

If everyone wins out (except UGA) LSU should be the odd man out with 2 losses but I think the committee will really push for that 2 team SEC bracket over USC

UGA gets in over the LSU that just beat them in the SEC championship game and that UGA did not already beat in the regular season? That would be a golden hammer of Thor driving home the unacknowedged point that conference championships mean nothing. (It would be different if LSU had 4 losses, but it would be 2 loss LSU vs 1 loss UGA)

5 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I had to leave before the end of the game but that was a fantastic win by Michigan. Harbaugh brought his team ready to play. They didn't panic and just played consistent football. 

It’s crazy. When Michigan tied it at 10 I was like damn Michigan is playing horribly and they are tied at 10. Another big play and they went into halftime down 3 and I felt like there was no way Michigan could play as bad as they did in the first half and would probably win. I didn’t think it would be as easy as it was but Michigan has dominated the second half’s of games this year. Out scoring teams like 173 to 17. They just wear them down and every one except Illinois has just folded and gives up. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

UGA gets in over the LSU that just beat them in the SEC championship game and that UGA did not already beat in the regular season? That would be a golden hammer of Thor driving home the unacknowedged point that conference championships mean nothing. (It would be different if LSU had 4 losses, but it would be 2 loss LSU vs 1 loss UGA)

They keep saying no two loss team has ever made the playoffs. I feel like that is planting the seed to keep lsu out. The PAC and the big 12 have gotten left out too frequently to deny them on a year where they both have a team that is deserving. 

but they do love some SEC. So I could see it going Michigan TCU UGA and LSU with usc getting left out, but I don’t think it will happen because of lsu losing just as bad at home as Ohio state just did. 

It’s the entire season resume. If LSU doesn’t make it they shouldn't have lost at home by 3 TDs. I’m sure BK will be politicking his hardest to get in though. He always does 

Edited by Juicy

3 minutes ago, Juicy said:

It’s crazy. When Michigan tied it at 10 I was like damn Michigan is playing horribly and they are tied at 10. Another big play and they went into halftime down 3 and I felt like there was no way Michigan could play as bad as they did in the first half and would probably win. I didn’t think it would be as easy as it was but Michigan has dominated the second half’s of games this year. Out scoring teams like 173 to 17. They just wear them down and every one except Illinois has just folded and gives up. 

How about you shitasses not give it up so easily when you get to play Georgia or LSU this time? Actually, a fun matchup would be you and USC if they make it. Playoff Rose Bowl. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

How about you shitasses not give it up so easily when you get to play Georgia or LSU this time? Actually, a fun matchup would be you and USC if they make it. Playoff Rose Bowl. 

I think UGA is in for a world of hurt if they expect the same Michigan team they got last year. I would just prefer Michigan plays them with a week to game plan instead of a month. 

corum should be healed up by January so that makes me feel warm and fuzzy. 

6 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I like this Michigan team better this season going into the playoff. 

I think UGA is in for a world of hurt if they expect the same Michigan team they got last year. I would just prefer Michigan plays them with a week to game plan instead of a month. 

corum should be healed up by January so that makes me feel warm and fuzzy. 

You will be the 2 seed if you win the B10 title game. You probably aren't playing UGA (unless you lose and go as the 4 or they lose and they get the 4).

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I like this Michigan team better this season going into the playoff. 

You will be the 2 seed if you win the B10 title game. You probably aren't playing UGA (unless you lose and go as the 4 or they lose and they get the 4).

I see no way Michigan drops this game to Purdue but could see uga drop to 4. 

I do believe the top 3 are going to hold serve and Michigan will get TCU in the first round. 

I see no way Michigan drops this game to Purdue but could see uga drop to 4. 

I do believe the top 3 are going to hold serve and Michigan will get TCU in the first round. 

If you get TCU I will be the biggest Michigan fan in the country. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I forgot to mention how enjoyable the Michigan win was given how much Ohio State hates all things Michigan. Those tubby balls of shit can spend the next 365 days obsessing over getting their asses beat. 

It's exactly the same as loser shitstain sooner fans when they lose to Texas.  It actually makes them better people, for at least a little while.  And getting your ass handed to you 45-23 or, you know, 49-0, tends to sting a little more and last a little longer.

41 minutes ago, utee94 said:

It's exactly the same as loser shitstain sooner fans when they lose to Texas.  It actually makes them better people, for at least a little while.  And getting your ass handed to you 45-23 or, you know, 49-0, tends to sting a little more and last a little longer.

Michigan fan 🤝 Texas fan 

this is where I’ve stood since I hoped on “the other site” years upon years ago

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

I forgot to mention how enjoyable the Michigan win was given how much Ohio State hates all things Michigan. Those tubby balls of shit can spend the next 365 days obsessing over getting their asses beat. 

The most enjoyable part of the Michigan win is that it caused @WhatTheBuck to disappear. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

I read Michigan had 10 yards rushing at the half. I hope Sark watched this game

Yep. It was ugly. Michigan is as lucky to only be down 3 at the half. It felt like Ohio state should be up 3 scores. I don’t know if they come back from that. But second half was a completely different game 

14 hours ago, Parliament said:

Ryan Day is 1-5 in big games.  A common thread is relying on a shrunken playbook that abandons the running game

He needs to hire a better OC and give him the keys.  Is Tom Herman still available?

Ryan Day is a great recruiter, but beats up on the sisters of the poor. Bad game day coach against teams with similar talent. He's not gonna get it done at OSU, and if he loses to UM next season I can see his seat getting toasty. He took control of a team stocked with talent thanks to Urban, and again, he's a great recruiter, but he's also very meh. 

5 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Ryan Day is a great recruiter, but beats up on the sisters of the poor. Bad game day coach against teams with similar talent. He's not gonna get it done at OSU, and if he loses to UM next season I can see his seat getting toasty. He took control of a team stocked with talent thanks to Urban, and again, he's a great recruiter, but he's also very meh. 

He definitely doesn't appear to be very good at making adjustments. I think he is just so used to being able to out talent everyone that he doesn't even try to adjust just THROW MORE. 

They are going to be in a tough spot next year breaking in a new QB and coming into the big house. 

• Like 1

I just keep hoping that the more Michigan wins, the better recruiting will be. So far it hasn't paid off, I am sure Harbaugh interviewing with the Vikings on Signing day didn't help but damn you would think OL, RBs and anyone on defense would be lining up to join what these guys are doing. 

I thought the call towards the end of the Michigan/tOSU game was interesting. The tOSU player clearly fumbled but the play was ruled dead because forward momentum was stopped. And the play was not reviewable. Very different from what we encountered against Alabama.

• Rage+1 1

On 11/26/2022 at 6:53 PM, Spider2YBanana said:

Dude, the Big 10 commish just said without a doubt OSU deserves to be in the playoffs, and that this game was an instant classic. 

Did he miss where UM absolutely butt fucked that overrated team from that shit hole state? Ohio State would get murdered by any other schools in the CFP

His cognitive ability has been suspect his whole tenure.  Did you happen to notice how badly he handled the whole pandemic thing?   

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Reese Bennett said:

Ohio St had some really shitty defensive calls too. That staff is not ready for prime time.

I thought one of tOSU's biggest problems was slow linebackers - pretty similar to the issue tOSU had against Alabama when Sark was OC at Bama. Having slow linebackers cover wide receivers is a recipe for disaster.

3 hours ago, Bevo said:

I thought one of tOSU's biggest problems was slow linebackers - pretty similar to the issue tOSU had against Alabama when Sark was OC at Bama. Having slow linebackers cover wide receivers is a recipe for disaster.

OSU's defensive game plan against Bama was amazing...ly stupid.

9 hours ago, Juicy said:

He definitely doesn't appear to be very good at making adjustments. I think he is just so used to being able to out talent everyone that he doesn't even try to adjust just THROW MORE. 

They are going to be in a tough spot next year breaking in a new QB and coming into the big house. 

Concur 100%. I think they'll eventually run him off. I think Harbaugh has now gotten his roster situation fixed and understands how to beat Day. 

On 11/26/2022 at 6:47 PM, Juicy said:

I'm glad to see Michigan finally turn the corner. I've always liked UM, so I'm rooting for them to get over the hump and make the NC game. Whether they win or not is another story, but I'd like to see them get there. It would be the best story in CFB. Harbaugh takes a pay cut because he's not getting it done, then he all of the sudden has his team playing like they're on roids. Not to mention Harbaugh isn't a great recruiter, so seeing him make OSU his bitch with their top 3 classes is just chef's kiss 

10 hours ago, Juicy said:

Our rug is just a handfull of run plays taped on to a great passing attack.  Not a problem until you meet a team that shuts down your passing attack.  Then we get stubborn and just pass the ball MORE.  I DON'T WANT HERMAN BACK, but he called a dang good run game.  Defenses had no idea where the ball was going.

Kyle McCord is QB2 and there's rumblings that he ain't all that, and we might go after that UNC guy Drake Maye.

We replaced our OL coach last winter because he couldn't recruit.  Well that "hole" is gonna cause problems in 2023.

Our defensive staff is fine.  Came in to a dumpster fire and at least stopped the burning.

ETA

Juicy, recruiting isn't as important as it used to be.  Just go fill your gaps in the xfer portal.

Edited by Parliament

51 minutes ago, Parliament said:

Juicy, recruiting isn't as important as it used to be.  Just go fill your gaps in the xfer portal.

The other thing is that they may get lower star guys but they’re also getting 4-5 years to develop them and in the case of 2020 an extra year.  Good coaches with that much time shine those stars up nicely.  Ohio State gets 3 years max with the really good ones which I also think can affect team chemistry.  

I thought the call towards the end of the Michigan/tOSU game was interesting. The tOSU player clearly fumbled but the play was ruled dead because forward momentum was stopped. And the play was not reviewable. Very different from what we encountered against Alabama.

Yeah that was the most suspect call of the game on either side. 100% a fumble. Can’t get forward progress in half a second while being taken down.

Ohio state could have a gripe with one of the PIs (endzone against bell) but it was a stupid play to hit the WR with a ball over thrown. The personal fouls were just egregious and showed how frustrated Ohio state was once they got hit in the mouth.

11 minutes ago, Juicy said:

Yeah that was the most suspect call of the game on either side. 100% a fumble. Can’t get forward progress in half a second while being taken down.

If you see a video of it post it here. It was called totally different from a similar play in the Texas game against Alabama, but still really stupid.