this earth cooking is some real ass shit

52-80

El Hidalguense on Long Point in Houston has the closest version to the product in the video.  Its strong.  I'm not sure they do the earth cooking part anymore.  I had that version just last month in Mexico.  Even there it's not so common.  It's pretty amazing. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, 52-80 said:

Pictures online look legit. Saved for later

Wow.  Kids must have taken over marketing.  The place itself takes you back in time.  Looks nothing like website.  Its legit and the new website makes me want to revisit soon to make sure the kids didn't fk it up.  

Edited by RollLeft

Some of the polynesian cultures (and im sure more) do a similar roasting pit, where they wrap a whole animal in banana leaves and bury it in the beach. 

always wanted to try that at home

I used to hang out with a bunch of Kiwis in Denton. Rugby players. Bunch of them shared a house and would do this every year in their back yard. Not sure what all was involved except for burlap and rocks and an insane amount of beer(rugby players). Shit was insanely good. Or maybe I was insanely drunk.

24 minutes ago, TexPx said:

I used to hang out with a bunch of Kiwis in Denton. Rugby players. Bunch of them shared a house and would do this every year in their back yard. Not sure what all was involved except for burlap and rocks and an insane amount of beer(rugby players). Shit was insanely good. Or maybe I was insanely drunk.

Why not both? gif goes here!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1