World Cup Day 4 - MOR/CRO, GER/JAP, SPN/CRC, BEL/CAN

Captain Ron

2 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

I was critical about World Cup being played in November…but damn it’s nice having something to watch besides daytime tv during this holiday week

Yeah it's been nice. But it would have been nice in July, too. 

Work is slow right now and my typical lunch is 12-1. So I watch the end of the first game on FOX, grab lunch, then come back for kick for the 2nd game. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

I would say mercy rule but with goal differential if you can hand out a beating you hand it out until the last second.

Yeah, all it takes is Spain even drawing to Germany then it is in a rock fight with Japan while Germany plays CRC.   A loss to Germany, and Spain is all of the sudden pretty nervous.  This could be one of those groups where top 3 teams all get 6 points, so yeah, goal differential is important.

I presume you are also trying to avoid Belgium in round of 16 in the event Japan and Spain are through after game #2 and a draw can win the group.   

Edited by A-Tex Devil

Yeah it's been nice. But it would have been nice in July, too. 
Work is slow right now and my typical lunch is 12-1. So I watch the end of the first game on FOX, grab lunch, then come back for kick for the 2nd game. 

Agreed. The sports abyss sucks after the nba finals

Also it’s nice the games are live here. Not some 4AM bullshit
I'm loving the 4 games a day.  My work productivity is down 90%.

Opposed to the usual 85%?
  • Haha 1