What is wrong with you Japan

closetohumping

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Larry David Reaction GIF

Pre-smartphone days, we asked for direction from a japanese guy who looked to be out jogging.  He pointed out where it was, and then insisted on breaking his exercise and walking us all the way there.

Later that trip I got obliterated drunk. Got out of the wrong subway station around 3am (?) after which the network shut down, stumbled in the entrance hall of some building and passed out there. Cops found me there barely coherent with no physical ID, no virtual (phone-based) ID, and obviously no way to communicate with them. I suppose in most other places they would take me to the police station...instead they drove me to the nearest taxi stand.

True story.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

Pre-smartphone days, we asked for direction from a japanese guy who looked to be out jogging.  He pointed out where it was, and then insisted on breaking his exercise and walking us all the way there.

Later that trip I got obliterated drunk. Got out of the wrong subway station around 3am (?) after which the network shut down, stumbled in the entrance hall of some building and passed out there. Cops found me there barely coherent with no physical ID, no virtual (phone-based) ID, and obviously no way to communicate with them. I suppose in most other places they would take me to the police station...instead they drove me to the nearest taxi stand.

True story.

Yeah they have a neat culture. Also a pretty colorful history, but who doesn't. 

2 hours ago, 52-80 said:

True story.

You missed writing in the part about wanting your children to attend, err, live in Japan and you somehow became the first visitor who still could not find the stadium. 3 of 5 stars. 

Do better. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Zepol87 said:

From the UK? lol nah, granted my friends and family live in Croydon but those folks are not to be included in this group

They are always nice to me. The only people that aren’t fun to get are most tables from the Deep South and my home state of Texas. A whole region of the country where the people act like they were raised by wolves. 

good on them. I loved it there and one of the reasons is this. The level of respect they show for other people is amazing. Their following of Shinto to some extend explains their belief in respect to nature and others. Obv many other things contribute to this culture. 

Every time me and the wife unit depart a foreign country and head back to the US we always bet on when the ugly American will show up first. Its 100% in the airport of the country we are boarding the plane in. When this happened in Japan it was an American family screaming at each other in the airport terminal. Mom at kid, father at mom, etc and holy shit was it jarring after a just a week there. 

• Hook 'Em 1