Your Thanksgiving Day Spread

Texzilla58

Well wife is down with ankle surgery so we’re staying home and just us. Haven’t figured out what I’m doing. Might grill steaks. Might make spaghetti or tacos. Maybe a meat loaf.

Anyway list the spread from your family get together meal. It’s always interesting what different families eat.

Thanksgiving Day, the Parade starts with breakfast tacos, donuts, and mimosas, bloody marys, and eggnog.

Dinner will just be Harvey and I.  We are doing ham, dressing, sweet potatoes, green beans, cranberry sauce, and rolls.  

Then Friday night, I’m trying a new roast chicken recipe with grapes and figs with a healthy carrot recipe.

At some point, I might do a ginger cake.

• Hook 'Em 1

Bloody Mary’s to start. Some cheese and crackers while prepping the meal.

Turkey, stuffing (my mom’s from the Midwest), cranberries, Boursin mashed potatoes, roasted brussel sprouts with balsamic and bacon, roasted root salad, rolls. Serving with a nice Oregon Pinot. Assortment of pies – pumpkin, cherry, apple – for dessert.

While cleaning up, I’ll make a stock with the turkey carcass for turkey gumbo tomorrow.

I hope everyone has a happy Thanksgiving, no matter where you are and who you’re with.

A3B09BCD-1259-4908-AAF8-3A141E109F78.png

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Bloody Mary’s to start. Some cheese and crackers while prepping the meal.

Turkey, stuffing (my mom’s from the Midwest), cranberries, Boursin mashed potatoes, roasted brussel sprouts with balsamic and bacon, roasted root salad, rolls. Serving with a nice Oregon Pinot. Assortment of pies – pumpkin, cherry, apple – for dessert.

While cleaning up, I’ll make a stock with the turkey carcass for turkey gumbo tomorrow.

I hope everyone has a happy Thanksgiving, no matter where you are and who you’re with.

A3B09BCD-1259-4908-AAF8-3A141E109F78.png

photofunky.gif

Smoked turkey and coffee braised ham. 

Pecan and sausage cornbread dressing. 

Sweet potatoes with pecan crunch and scalloped potatoes. 

Cream peas, roasted carrots, skillet fried corn, creamed cauliflower casserole. 

Portuguese rolls with butter and honey. 

Bourbon pecan pie. 

Bloody Mary and Ranch Waters to pregame along with shrimp cocktail and crudités and hummus.

Smoked turkey, cucumber and tomato salad with shallot and white balsamic, mashed potatoes, tamale cornbread dressing, green beans with mushrooms and pancetta, cranberry sauce from a can, apple pie a la mode.

Washed down with wine and booze.

Happy thanksgiving, ya degenerates!

• Hook 'Em 1

Crudites and crackers and cheese and shrimp cocktail while pregaming. 

NY strip roast reverse seared for the main (and a Cornish game green for the heathen that doesn't eat red meat) .  Au poirve for the roast 

Crispy Brussels with an orange honey vinegar glaze. Creamed corn with jalapeño. Cauliflower puree. Roasted glazed whole carrots. 

Daughter is making my bread pudding for desert.  She's nervous but I'm excited to see how it comes out. 

Happy Thanksgiving,  fuckers! 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Texzilla58 said:

Stuffing? Are you actually stuffing a bird? Where are you from? Up north? Dressing is what’s made in these parts.

Also, stuffing is well know as a ptomaine breeding paradise.

Pfft, don't be a pussy.  Wife has been doing the stuffing in bird 30+ years without issues.  Have your husband buy you some pepto next time.  

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Thanksgiving Day, the Parade starts with breakfast tacos, donuts, and mimosas, bloody marys, and eggnog.

Dinner will just be Harvey and I.  We are doing ham, dressing, sweet potatoes, green beans, cranberry sauce, and rolls.  

Then Friday night, I’m trying a new roast chicken recipe with grapes and figs with a healthy carrot recipe.

At some point, I might do a ginger cake.

Ham with dressing and cranberry sauce. That is, uh, peculiar. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Bacon wrapped turkey

Mashed potatoes made from scratch 

Roasted corn 

Green bean casserole 

Luby's mac and cheese 

Luby's stuffing 

Cranberry sauce 

Pumpkin pie 

Not my best pumpkin pie, but it my first of the season. 

We usually serve a turkey on Thanksgiving, prime rib roast on Christmas, and ham on Easter. 

Crudites and crackers and cheese and shrimp cocktail while pregaming. 
NY strip roast reverse seared for the main (and a Cornish game green for the heathen that doesn't eat red meat) .  Au poirve for the roast 
Crispy Brussels with an orange honey vinegar glaze. Creamed corn with jalapeño. Cauliflower puree. Roasted glazed whole carrots. 
Daughter is making my bread pudding for desert.  She's nervous but I'm excited to see how it comes out. 
Happy Thanksgiving,  fuckers! 

That sounds super badass. Kudos.

Pfft, don't be a pussy.  Wife has been doing the stuffing in bird 30+ years without issues.  Have your husband buy you some pepto next time.  

Been married 40 years and we never cooked a turkey. Too many family celebrations centered with a fry tough bird. But we make dressing regardless of what we eat. My grandmother made oyster dressing with canned bivalves. Like a little ball of snot every other bite.

Bought to start getting into the pie at halftime. 

EDE29-F2-B-07-DA-4-F33-9-CE4-C4955-FAEAA4-C.jpg

6-AD7-D0-F2-9677-47-FD-9-A3-B-C1-BDC70-C8470.jpg
2-B0220-ED-5641-4-D5-A-842-C-37362-DBE0-BF6.jpg

F65-E9-C2-B-B90-C-4-AA1-A23-D-730-EEBBE034-E.jpg

Nice assortment of pies. I usually do a Cherry pie with a crumble topping, a coconut cream for the bride, a Texas sheet cake with extry vanilla and cinnamon and a touch of cayenne in the frosting, and a pecan pie. I’m thinking of doing a pecan pie cheesecake and some apple blondies. My wife makes these sopapilla cupcakes that will knock your dick in the dirt.

I made some hot sausage balls with cream cheese, jalapeños, green onions, and some extra super sharp cheddar.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Pies look outstanding, how’d you get the pecan pie filling to set?  Jr tried today but said it was too runny, wife had same issues years ago when she tried making one. 

wife tells me to start at higher temp and step it down during the cook, testing with knive in middle, but I think that baking is generally witchcraft. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, deadshank said:

We don’t clown around. 

Once you have proper plates, silverware and a fridge manufactured in the last 30 years, you may have lost the right to call it a deer camp. You might have crossed the line to a ranch house.

• Hook 'Em 2