Favorite 30 for 30?

Butch Had Not

14 hours ago, Hermanator said:

The one where Vlade Divac is followed by a film crew going to Croatia to see Petrovic's parents for the first time since the Yugoslavian war of the 90s was pretty damn good. It's the one that stands out in my mind after all these years.  

particularly the scene he's walking down the street and the Croatian guy on the street does a double take and says to the camera "is that fucking Divac?" in Yugoslavian with a WTF look on his face says it all. 

Yep. That was “Once Brothers” that I mentioned. It was excellent.

• 2 weeks later...

Pony Excess was my favorite, but the best one was the Duke Lacrosse fiasco where justice prevailed. Mike Nifong tried his very best to play politics to stay in power and gain popularity, all the while not giving one care about the lives he was about to crush because of lies.

On 12/3/2022 at 9:17 PM, rage-a-holic said:

Two Escobars but then Pony Excess for the first full video expose of aggy assaulting an SMU cheerleader. 

fvtBEEB.gif

But but, NOT A CULT! Always shake my head at the BS actions of this video clip.

Typical CS Barney Fife goes after the SMU cheerleader and NOT the guy trying to impale another with the sword. 

On 5/8/2023 at 1:37 PM, JWinTX said:

Pony Excess was my favorite, but the best one was the Duke Lacrosse fiasco where justice prevailed. Mike Nifong tried his very best to play politics to stay in power and gain popularity, all the while not giving one care about the lives he was about to crush because of lies.

Nifong - Disbarred, bankrupt and spent one day in jail.

To this day, he has not (to my knowledge) had the shit kicked out of him.  Which is a crying shame.

On 5/11/2023 at 1:25 PM, BillyGoatHill said:

But but, NOT A CULT! Always shake my head at the BS actions of this video clip.

Typical CS Barney Fife goes after the SMU cheerleader and NOT the guy trying to impale another with the sword. 

He's threatening someone with a dull edge sword?

“ESPN will debut the next installment in the Peabody and Emmy award-winning 30 for 30 series, “The American Gladiators Documentary,” a two-part film directed by Ben Berman (“The Amazing Johnathan Documentary”), Tuesday, May 30, at 8:30p.m. ET and Wednesday, May 31, at 9p.m. ET. The film takes an unconventional approach to the epic tale of the famed reality-competition show. What begins as a traditional sports documentary soon gives way to bigger themes of greed, divergent narratives, and ultimately questions how history itself is written. The film, also executive produced by VICE Studios, will be made available on ESPN+ immediately after its premiere, along with the rest of the 30 for 30 library.

https://espnpressroom.com/us/press-releases/2023/04/espn-films-latest-30-for-30-the-american-gladiators-documentary-about-reality-competition-series-premieres-may-30-31/

@DeepEastTexas

On 5/8/2023 at 1:37 PM, JWinTX said:

I would love to send this to Nifong

https://www.highlandparklacrosse.org/news_article/show/1273128

On 5/21/2023 at 7:04 PM, shadow_operative2.0 said:

This came on when I was at dinner last night.  I noticed the co-director wat Kirk Johnson.  Any idea if this was our Kirk Johnson, I know he was into the entertainment side of things.  

I loved Ep 1, then Ep 2 took me down Dann Carr Road that I didn’t need to travel (and where Berman lost his way). All the energy captured by clips from the original broadcasts was sucked out in the last two hours, and the pathos of broken men and women were captured well enough in the first installment. I don’t like leaving things incomplete, but I suspect I would have had a much more fulfilling experience by watching the first one and stopping there.

• Like 1

On 6/2/2023 at 12:47 PM, Beau Vine said:

So fired up about this one:

I'm not a basketball guy so I don't get it. 

I would like more international stories at this point. Like (if they already did them so forgive me) the plane crash in the andes and the Uruguay rugby team. Or hooligans in Europe. 

A Lawrence Phillips one would be interesting (Just looked up Running For His Life which I wasn't aware of.