Cowboys vs Giants: Turkey Day Edition

Vic Mackey

13 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
18 minutes ago, Horn80 said:
10 days before next game.  Outstanding 

Do we not have our Thursday night game the week after Turkey Day this year? I always liked that since it was a full week rest. Then after that game, you have the 10 day break to close out the last quarter of the season.

Yes, that’s what I referring to.  Ten days now before Cowboys play Colts on Dec. 4. 

That was a gritty effort. Dak's two picks should have asterisks, imo, cuz the entire offense believed they had a free play on the first one, and one could make a convincing argument for DPI on the second.

No matter; he raised his game and was super sharp in the second half. Never got sacked despite being under quite a bit of pressure and getting hit NINE times. Helps that CeeDee decided he'd catch everything, and with one hand, at that.

Elliott also impressed, especially since the Giants seemed to be keying on Pollard (who can blame them?).

Giants are a paper tiger. Their D is solid and their coaches do a good job of hiding the offense's weaknesses, but that team is super lucky to be at 7-4 and might end up being the worst in the division by season's end.

Edited by Braff Zacklin
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

That was a gritty effort. Dak's two picks should have asterisks, imo, cuz the entire offense believed they had a free play on the first one, and one could make a convincing argument for DPI on the second.

The second one was a bad throw. He threw it too far inside when the defender was playing inside. Ball needed to be on the other side of the receiver. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Constant said:

4F846FF1-79DC-4A22-A3E7-5F5A30E728DF.thumb.jpeg.4ef166b9b43c5f211fa1200342cf7fea.jpeg

Not that it matters, but my man Ceedee scored here. 

43 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Yeah, that's what it looked like unless his right foot was out a few milliseconds before this picture shot...  

No, by rule when the heel comes down it is considered part of the same touch of the ground as the toe/ball of the foot. Rule is iffy but that's the rule, it was the correct call. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, FizzleFish said:

He’s referring to the left heel which came down on the back line after the toe touch in the pic. Toe touch good in some situations but not good enough in others. Who knows what a catch is anymore. 

Toe tap catch is only a thing sometimes I guess

He’s referring to the left heel which came down on the back line after the toe touch in the pic. Toe touch good in some situations but not good enough in others. Who knows what a catch is anymore. 

The heel was out of bounds. You tap your toes or heels and lift them up you are fine. It was a good call.

I truly think if the cowboys don’t kiss the late FG that game ends 31-13, after that mid first half and all the mistakes that would have. Been impressive. Don’t think the giants try as hard to get a score down 3 scores instead of just 2. They weren’t even trying to score either. They were just running the clock. That’s domination.