USA World Cup Match 2: England

Captain Ron

Tactically one of the best halves I’ve seen GGG coach. Still believe we are wasting space on the field with a true 9 since we provide absolutely no service to a striker. I don’t think we would miss the holdup play versus having another player like Reyna or Aaronson on the field that can advance the ball through the middle. We don’t have any real strategy in the final third, so the more guys that can produce individual magic on the field the better. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

Tactically one of the best halves I’ve seen GGG coach. Still believe we are wasting space on the field with a true 9 since we provide absolutely no service to a striker. I don’t think we would miss the holdup play versus having another player like Reyna or Aaronson on the field that can advance the ball through the middle. We don’t have any real strategy in the final third, so the more guys that can produce individual magic on the field the better. 

Haji played a good half. He was basically being used as a false 9 and distracting their CBs. 

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I don't understand where Reyna is. He probably laces that in the back of the net from where McKennie was. 

1 minute ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Yeah, where is Reyna?

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Wasting away on our bench with Aaronson. 

This should get Gergg fired even if we make it out of the group. How is he not putting our best out there?

• Hook 'Em 1