Political Cartoons - The Politics Thread.

ROFL BOX

On 8/16/2021 at 11:50 AM, brakeman said:

Wait, which party supports universal healthcare? The current president is fervently against it. Most of the stuff on the left side of that cartoon at best is supported with a few lines of rhetoric but when it comes down to legislation & voting it is abandoned. Outside of a handful of progressive Democrats I don't see any of that being seriously implemented. The infastructure bill is a start I guess.

Edited by lmao
  • Fuck You 1

27 minutes ago, lmao said:

Wait, which party supports universal healthcare? The current president is fervently against it. Most of the stuff on the left side of that cartoon at best is supported with a few lines of rhetoric but when it comes down to legislation & voting it is abandoned. Outside of a handful of progressive Democrats I don't see any of that being seriously implemented. The infastructure bill is a start I guess.

American Disingenuity. 

Living wage? GOPs oppose. Dems Support.

Healthcare? Dems got what they could from a resistant GOP. Your characterization of Biden borders on a lie. He didn't want Medicare for everyone. Did he not support Obama's original plan? Do you even want to know?

Public Schools? GOP wants to move public monies to private schools via the voucher (Hey! It'll make private school a little cheaper for the already-wealthy!) But, heck, both sides, right?

Good policing? Maybe that means stop killing black men: GOP thinks BLM is evil while Dems marched with BLM. No Dem president in my memory has ever urged the police to be more violent (or have we forgotten Trump's admonition to officers arresting vocal protesters?)

If you're laughing your ass off while spouting this bullshit, you just might be a blithering idiot. The 1% thanks you for your service.

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

American Disingenuity. 

Living wage? GOPs oppose. Dems Support.

Healthcare? Dems got what they could from a resistant GOP. Your characterization of Biden borders on a lie. He didn't want Medicare for everyone. Did he not support Obama's original plan? Do you even want to know?

Public Schools? GOP wants to move public monies to private schools via the voucher (Hey! It'll make private school a little cheaper for the already-wealthy!) But, heck, both sides, right?

Good policing? Maybe that means stop killing black men: GOP thinks BLM is evil while Dems marched with BLM. No Dem president in my memory has ever urged the police to be more violent (or have we forgotten Trump's admonition to officers arresting vocal protesters?)

If you're laughing your ass off while spouting this bullshit, you just might be a blithering idiot. The 1% thanks you for your service.

I agree the Republicans are terrible but the fucking sitting president wrote the 94 racist crime bill. The vice president has a criminal justice record that mimics a racist boomer southerner. Marching with BLM is a good thing, but how about some action? No more rhetoric. Action. Actually help people. 

And yes Rogan is a dipshit but here is Josh Dubin & Jason Flom of the Innocence Project on her record. Marching with BLM & rhetoric doesn't erase all of the terrible policies they've written or implemented.

• Fuck You 1