Political Cartoons - The Politics Thread.

ROFL BOX

Just now, Bookman said:

To save the day? Are you sure?

Might be a shot at Trumpkins' mental state as well.

What's funny to me is another poster posts 68 cartoons a day in here with virtually the same slant on every one of them and nary a comment.  I post ONE.... and folks are so inquisitive as to the interpretation of a very simple and obvious shot.

2 minutes ago, slorch said:

What's funny to me is another poster posts 68 cartoons a day in here with virtually the same slant on every one of them and nary a comment.  I post ONE.... and folks are so inquisitive as to the interpretation of a very simple and obvious shot.

It would have been better had it just been the Trump signal. Adding "the entire world right now" makes it ambiguous.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, slorch said:

Those are professionally-produced cartoons. Bit of a difference there.

4 minutes ago, Bookman said:

It would have been better had it just been the Trump signal. Adding "the entire world right now" makes it ambiguous.

and that's why it's better than the constant banging by the 'professional-produced' shit. 

Should we cancel it or hail it as brilliant?

That's the sweet spot of humor.  The other shit is just "We hate the world..."

Edited by slorch

3 minutes ago, Bookman said:

Because it's ambiguous?

a little... and the fact that many on here can't laugh at anything.

Don't interrupt our hate with that shit.  Wait...is that pro-Trump?  (concern)   Oh, maybe it is lampooning the people who think Trump could remotely affect the world in a positive manner( relief)  yeah...but it might be pro- Trump.

44 minutes ago, slorch said:

Don't interrupt our hate with that shit.  Wait...is that pro-Trump?  (concern)   Oh, maybe it is lampooning the people who think Trump could remotely affect the world in a positive manner( relief)  yeah...but it might be pro- Trump.

It's obviously pro

44 minutes ago, slorch said:

If you think it's better because many on here can't laugh at anything, doesn't that make the cartoon irrelevant?

1 hour ago, slorch said:

This site is overwhelmingly liberal and they will attack anything they see as conservative. Every once in a while I post something that doesn't align with their views and I get blasted. Most seem to have no ability to respect views from the other side. I try to find humor in it but most liberals have no sense of humor when it goes against their political affiliation. Hypocrisy at it's finest.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 3

7 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

This site is overwhelmingly liberal and they will attack anything they see as conservative. Every once in a while I post something that doesn't align with their views and I get blasted. Most seem to have no ability to respect views from the other side. I try to find humor in it but most liberals have no sense of humor when it goes against their political affiliation. Hypocrisy at it's finest.

Most people here are centrists who cannot believe how completely bat-shit crazy Republicans have become.  

Just because folks think dotard, MTG and their ilk are pieces of shit, doesn't make them liberal. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

43 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

Let me spell it out for you. It is a satirical cartoon implying that there was no real insurrection on Jan 6th.

No, the crowd of folks with the guns are saying "Hey, you lame-o dude in the horns... wanna see how a REAL insurrection happens?  We're gonna show you."  Thankfully, the Capitol Police have more balls per person than the entire Afghan "Security Forces" have (had) in total & prevented the Trump rioters from accomplishing their goal.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

Let me spell it out for you. It is a satirical cartoon implying that there was no real insurrection on Jan 6th.

hmm, that's not how I took it at all. I read it as the Taliban showing Y'all Qaeda how to properly take over a government through brut force.

^also, what roflbox said

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

The people on the left aren't going to like that one however accurate it might be.

It's been awhile since an ideologue right-winger appeared in the role of Liberal Spokesperson. Rush was the best at it. He would explain the liberals and their policies in detail. Inaptly and malignantly, of course, but he knew his audience. This will drive the liberals crazy!

It's not so much about having any real values or viewpoints of your own. It's really about constantly defining who you aren't by using an illusory opponent or enemy. You know, like hardcore Aggies talking about tu. Whoop!

The weirdest part is assuming everyone who disagrees with you must be one of them ebil libs. I vote Dem. I used to do it holding my nose, but the refinement of the Rush/Trump radical right has made me more enthusiastic.

Lots of your opponents on here once voted GOP. The stink and willfull wickedness drove them out. They're not Dems, but they won't vote GOP.

Learn about your world. You and Slorch, both. The tired boilerplate of your heyday ain't cutting it anymore.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 5

15 minutes ago, ROFL BOX said:

No, the crowd of folks with the guns are saying "Hey, you lame-o dude in the horns... wanna see how a REAL insurrection happens?  We're gonna show you."  Thankfully, the Capitol Police have more balls per person than the entire Afghan "Security Forces" have (had) in total & prevented the Trump rioters from accomplishing their goal.

You just said the same thing I said with different words.

11 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

It's been awhile since an ideologue right-winger appeared in the role of Liberal Spokesperson. Rush was the best at it. He would explain the liberals and their policies in detail. Inaptly and malignantly, of course, but he knew his audience. This will drive the liberals crazy!

It's not so much about having any real values or viewpoints of your own. It's really about constantly defining who you aren't by using an illusory opponent or enemy. You know, like hardcore Aggies talking about tu. Whoop!

The weirdest part is assuming everyone who disagrees with you must be one of them ebil libs. I vote Dem. I used to do it holding my nose, but the refinement of the Rush/Trump radical right has made me more enthusiastic.

Lots of your opponents on here once voted GOP. The stink and willfull wickedness drove them out. They're not Dems, but they won't vote GOP.

Learn about your world. You and Slorch, both. The tired boilerplate of your heyday ain't cutting it anymore.

Ok, cool  hook 'em.

3 hours ago, Longhornlove said:

No, it was a cartoon pointing out that the January 6 Y'allqueda insurgents didn't go as far as they will when they have more experience, like the Taliban have now.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

Keep telling yourself that. Preach it, own it.

you do realize so far you are the only one coming to your conclusion(s), right? are you capable of saying, "oh yeah, I read that wrong" or are you insistent on looking like an assclown making an assertion literally no one agrees with?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

you do realize so far you are the only one coming to your conclusion(s), right? are you capable of saying, "oh yeah, I read that wrong" or are you insistent on looking like an assclown making an assertion literally no one agrees with?

I honestly don't care if anyone agrees with me or not. Figured I would trigger some folks with my comments. Just doing my Surly duty.

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Longhornlove said:

I honestly don't care if anyone agrees with me or not. Figured I would trigger some folks with my comments. Just doing my Surly duty.

yeah, literally no one is triggered. like, at all. not even a little. we were trying to save you from yourself, but you seem to have no interest in that, so carry on with your bad self.

1 minute ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

yeah, literally no one is triggered. like, at all. not even a little. we were trying to save you from yourself, but you seem to have no interest in that, so carry on with your bad self.

I don't need saving, you are free to leave me alone at any point now. Thanks, you have made your position clear.

44 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

You're not "triggering" anyone or "owning the libs"; you're proving yourself dim-witted...which is exactly what is expected from Republicans, so keep up the good work, oh common clay of the new west. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

24 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

You're not "triggering" anyone or "owning the libs"; you're proving yourself dim-witted...which is exactly what is expected from Republicans, so keep up the good work, oh common clay of the new west. 

you're wasting your time. he doesn't care and is transcendent, well above us plebes. 

1 hour ago, Longhornlove said:

I don't need saving, you are free to leave me alone at any point now. Thanks, you have made your position clear.

And you have made your position, that you are fine with a violent assault on the Capital to overturn a free and fair election, perfectly clear.  Thanks.

Edited by Scheiss Meister
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

you're wasting your time. he doesn't care and is transcendent, well above us plebes. 

Transcendent, that's fucking hilarious. If you only knew how low the totem pole I belong compared to you righteous self observed, enlightened, well educated sheep, you would be amazed. Oh, for the record, the riots on Jan 6th don't constitute an Insurrection. That would be implied that it was armed with intent to overthrow the entire government witch wasn't even close to the fact. If there was truly an attempt to overthrow the government, the streets would have run red with blood from both sides.

• Fuck You 8

2 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

Aw, come on.  Just because your heroes were incompetent doesn't mean it wasn't a violent insurrection.

They aren't my heroes and in no way shape or form do I condone their actions and never did. I can also say the same about the other 574 riots that took place in 2020, can you?

• Fuck You 3