Political Cartoons - The Politics Thread.

ROFL BOX

Good ole' America. Draw the same picture (hypothetically) of Obama (looking like an ape man) and lose your career, have your name soiled as a racist, etc.  Trump?  Get applauded.

Odd that you would associate that with an ape and not a caveman like everyone else that looks at the same drawing.

But that was a clever way to compare Obama to an ape without actually doing it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, drifter379 said:

Odd that you would associate that with an ape and not a caveman like everyone else that looks at the same drawing.

But that was a clever way to compare Obama to an ape without actually doing it.

obama is just a man like trump or anyone else and calling him an ape holds no extra meaning because he happens to be black.  spinning racism into it reveals to everyone exactly where your mind goes when presented with an otherwise innocuous comparison.  black people are not apes; take your racist bullshit somewhere else, hitler.  

• Fuck You 1

6 hours ago, futureman said:

obama is just a man like trump or anyone else and calling him an ape holds no extra meaning because he happens to be black.  spinning racism into it reveals to everyone exactly where your mind goes when presented with an otherwise innocuous comparison.  black people are not apes; take your racist bullshit somewhere else, hitler.  

Seriously?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, futureman said:

Yeah dude totally the entire idea of "context" is a liberal conspiracy. Nailed it.

21 minutes ago, Thermos H. Christ said:

Yeah dude totally the entire idea of "context" is a liberal conspiracy. Nailed it.

I know I nailed it.  you don’t need to overstate the obvious.  I nail pretty much all my hot political opinions.  

Uh huh. Sure. Just like how all those brainwashed liberals pitch a fit when you go to the open mic night at your neighborhood coffeehouse and play a few lively banjo numbers while wearing some whimsical clown makeup.

blackface_3910.jpg

Black people don't actually look like that, so clearly anyone who looks at that makeup and sees a racist caricature of a black person is revealing their deep-seated racism. Right? Because everything you do and say is in a vacuum. You're just innocently closing your eyes and punching the air, if anyone gets hit that's not on you.

Edited by Thermos H. Christ
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Even a fellow black man, Steve Harvey, was getting crap for comparing black men to primates; in this context it was the GS Warriors to Gorillas:https://hollywoodlife.com/2018/06/08/steve-harvey-golden-state-warriors-gorilla-comment-twitter-reaction/

black people are primates you halfwit.  

On 6/20/2018 at 8:05 PM, ernest_t_bass said:

Good ole' America. Draw the same picture (hypothetically) of Obama (looking like an ape man) and lose your career, have your name soiled as a racist, etc.  Trump?  Get applauded.

There’s a difference and it has little to do with race.  

Obama was never criticized for being an impulsive meathead, Trump is. That’s why it’s appropriate.

If someone depicted Obama as an ape, it would be an obvious racist message and not be speaking to his character.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

Sorry, but I don't get where anyone thinks that criticizing an 80+ year old man for retiring is a fair criticism.  Scalia would have loved to have been able to retire when he was 80.  There are a hell of a lot of men in graveyards across the country that never had the choice presented to them at that age.  Stop being douches with the "how dare you have the nerve to decide to enjoy the rest of whatever life you have remaining after serving the country for practically your entire adult life" attitude.  

• Like 1

Sorry, but I don't get where anyone thinks that criticizing an 80+ year old man for retiring is a fair criticism.  Scalia would have loved to have been able to retire when he was 80.  There are a hell of a lot of men in graveyards across the country that never had the choice presented to them at that age.  Stop being douches with the "how dare you have the nerve to decide to enjoy the rest of whatever life you have remaining after serving the country for practically your entire adult life" attitude.  
You haven't been watching the news, have you?
  • Like 1

Of course I have, so what?  It's his life he has every right to decide what to do with it.  He doesn't need anyone's approval to decide to retire.  It's called freedom of choice. Let me know if I need to put the freedom part in bold or the choice part.  How many Republican members of the house have announced their retirement in the last two years?  That puts the House up potentially for grabs in November.  You don't hear me ranting about them not having any right to do this to us.  They have every right to do as they damn well please in life just like you, me, or anyone else does.

• Like 1