World Cup Day 6 - Wales/Iran, Qatar/Senegal, Netherlands/Equador

Captain Ron

1 minute ago, shnsajax said:

Catching up and saw Wales got a red card in the 86”. But these stats really caught my eye. 21 shots and 7 corners on 38% possession but no break through until the 98”. Need to watch this one now.

32ecd6d90a4cf953e4429c43978c26f4.jpg

Oh for sure. I just put it on when welsh got to 10 men. The first goal is about it hit 

19 minutes ago, LurkingHorn said:

Were people really hoping we were going to advance without a win? I love going into the 3rd game knowing a win gets us in. Hell, we can afford a 2 goal loss to England at this point. 

We could have still tried to win if Iran and Wales tied.

Edited by WBT

What we got , an Iran win  we still have things to do, but if we take care of Iran in our game, we should be thru  

If we best Iran, Wales would have to beat England and still finish above in GD. Beating Iran gives us about a 97% chance of going through.

However losing to Iran gets Gregg shitcanned on the flight home. Sort of a win-win.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Qatar is the worst team in this tournament. They fucking suck.

Those fuckers will be lucky if they even score a goal. That's what they get for banning beer and alcohol sales from the stadiums. Fuck them. With how bad they are, we won't ever have to worry about them qualifying again. 

• Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

Those fuckers will be lucky if they even score a goal. That's what they get for banning beer and alcohol sales from the stadiums. Fuck them. With how bad they are, we won't ever have to worry about them qualifying again. 

I bet they show up in North America. Expanded field plus AFC sucks generally. 

7 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

What’s the breakdown of the 16 extra slots between UEFA, CONMEBOL, CONCACAF, CAF and AFC? 

3 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

AFC teams that will most likely qualify for the 2026 cup: Japan, South Korea, Saudi Arabia, Australia(yes for FIFA purposes they're part of Asia) and probably Iran.

AFC gets at least 8 teams (!) in 2026.

Screenshot_20221125-075011_Chrome.thumb.jpg.6014a2a75f0425da89cc63b6857bc039.jpg

2 hours ago, shnsajax said:

Catching up and saw Wales got a red card in the 86”. But these stats really caught my eye. 21 shots and 7 corners on 38% possession but no break through until the 98”. Need to watch this one now.

32ecd6d90a4cf953e4429c43978c26f4.jpg

we gonna be in a fight v Iran-  they aint no hoes

21 shots.. and we got what, a hand full vs wales?

54 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

This result with a Netherlands win will effectively eliminate Qatar, right?

actually this loss effectively eliminates them, the Netherlands win would make sure it happens. Even an Ecuador win would make it hard. 

42 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

A. At least they won't be the first host nation to never advance, since South Africa did it back in 2010.

Take that a step further. I am not sure I see a road through for them now at all:

1. If Netherlands beat Ecuador - they are out:
    Netherlands 6
    Ecuador & Senegal 3
    Qatar 0 
    And both Ecuador & Senegal have the tie breakers there (plus since Ecuador & Senegal play, one or both of them would get more than 3 points)
  2. If Netherlands-Ecuador is a draw, they are done, since both would have 4 points and that would put 2 teams at a point level Qatar can't reach.
  3. If Ecuador wins
    Ecuador 6
    Netherlands & Senegal 3
    Qatar 0
    If they could upset the Netherlands (I laughed as I typed that) and Ecuador beat Senegal
    Ecuador 9
    Qatar, Netherlands & Senegal 3
    I don't know all the tie-breakers, so I assume MAYBE Qatar could come out of that?

But it doesn't look good. Fuck em!

Edited by Captain Ron