Rapists @ Texas 11AM ESPN

immamac

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

This was a 38-17 win if Ewers just plays a game manager game. I'm not giving up on him but there will be an open competition for next season. I'd prefer he improve and win so Manning can redshirt but he better work on processing and decision-making.

There definitely should be an open competition next year for QB. Hopefully they put the team and not individual players(family) plans first.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

This was a 38-17 win if Ewers just plays a game manager game. I'm not giving up on him but there will be an open competition for next season. I'd prefer he improve and win so Manning can redshirt but he better work on processing and decision-making.

That last sack fumble was just horrible. If you are a right handed qb and can’t see that defender coming quickly enough to at least just eat the ball I don’t have much hope. Maybe he gets serious about game prep and film study in the off season and the game slows down for him

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Stunns38 said:

I’m still pissed we didn’t run them down Okie St and TCU throats. Sucks we lose them next year.

I’ll enjoy this win.

I agree to a point, but lets not forget that the OL was a shitshow in both run and pass blocking the Ok St game. We finally got tot the point that Flood and Sark trusted to run outside and more often to Banks side, but it took most of the season to get there.

Having a legit OL and it finally becoming servicable in run blocking is the big change since the Ok St.

Now TCU.... Im not sure WTF was going on

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I believe Ewers will be just fine next year. He might as well be a true freshman, with a long gap between his last HS game and his first college game.  He's had his moments, both good and bad, but drop balls and O line break downs from time to time, haven't helped either.  

I would love to RS Arch.  I am going to miss Bijan. Until Bijan came along, I hadn't been excited about handing the ball off in a decade.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Ewers will be exponentially better next year. He has the tools to be a great QB and showed what he can do at times. Obviously he regressed over the course of the season as adversity hit, which is not unusual for a freshman QB playing with an inexperienced OL and inconsistent WR play. He needs a reset and some WR help to get things going again.

Edited by UTEE97
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

The defense really did improve over the course of the year. It was impressive. PK is definitely not getting fired on this upward trend and I’m almost at a place where I can live with that, though still uneasy particularly with the secondary. We’ll see what the roster looks like in the spring after draft departures, recruiting, and the portal.

I don’t think the offense got worse so much as opposing defenses figured it out and Sark didn’t counter until it was too late. Passing game is going to have to improve a ton. I don’t think people appreciate how good Bijan and RoJo are. RBs do not often just carry offenses like that. That’s not realistically replaceable.

And yet, here we are with Jaydon Blue and Jonathan Brooks waiting in the wings.

• Hook 'Em 6

2 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Campbell is a monster in the run game. I'd like to see him overtake Hutson next season for the RG position. He's just crazy strong, and we're gonna need that for our backs. 

He will for sure be starting next year.  I wish he enrolled early. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

Ewers will be exponentially better next year. He obviously has the tools to be a great QB and showed what he can do at times. Obviously he regressed over the season as adversity hit, which is not unusual for a freshman QB playing with an inexperienced OL and inconsistent WR play. He needs a reset and some WR help to get things going again.

We’ll see.

I think he will be a bust.

• Fuck You 1

Is a contractual thing or does the Sugar Bowl have a choice? 

Texas is 8-4 lol. An at large NY6 is not on the table. Texas can get the Big 12 Sugar Bowl if they make the CCG and TCU wins tomorrow. Or, of course, regardless of TCU’s outcome if they win the CCG.

Of course, the CCG is probably not happening, so in that case it’ll be the Alamo or Cheez It depending on bowl selections and game outcomes.
  • Hook 'Em 2

Campbell is a monster in the run game. I'd like to see him overtake Hutson next season for the RG position. He's just crazy strong, and we're gonna need that for our backs. 

Depending on Hutson’s injury he may become the starter by default, if Hutson misses the spring. There was already smoke about Campbell not being playable due to having issues with assignments, and the clusterfuck when he came in certainly speaks to that. Big spring for him and Flood.
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

Page 1 through 56 was a nonstop beating lol. Defense is solid, sark gave Ewers a shot because that’s how you develop confidence and when it didn’t work he went back to what did work and we won the fucking game. We exercised all but one demon from last year, I’ll take a win all day long, ugly or not. The people who said we would lose before the game was even half over should be ban hammered, looch style lol. 

Some people like to bitch when things go wrong. Some people like to say we are going to kick ass no matter what. Different strokes for different folks. 

• Hook 'Em 3

And yet, here we are with Jaydon Blue and Jonathan Brooks waiting in the wings.

Yeah, I think anyone expecting that to not result in a noticeable downgrade is probably in for a rude awakening. That doesn’t mean they won’t be good. But Texas has the best RB duo in the country today. Two guys that could play in the NFL right now.
  • Hook 'Em 2

22 minutes ago, Atticus said:

We covered despite giving them 10 points straight up. Sark won despite being down at the half. 

This was a wonderful fucking win

He must have tuned in to Surly for his playcalling in the 4th.  Y'all were calling for Bijan right, Bijan left, Roschon up the middle.😀