Rapists @ Texas 11AM ESPN

immamac

11 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Depending on Hutson’s injury he may become the starter by default, if Hutson misses the spring. There was already smoke about Campbell not being playable due to having issues with assignments, and the clusterfuck when he came in certainly speaks to that. Big spring for him and Flood.

He also didn't come in until June, correct? So he was behind already. Maybe he'll catch up with the (hopefully Big XII champ game) bowl game, and spring. He's just so talented. Sucks about Hutson, tho. Hope the kid is alright and he comes back stronger. 

18 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

Ewers will be exponentially better next year. He has the tools to be a great QB and showed what he can do at times. Obviously he regressed over the course of the season as adversity hit, which is not unusual for a freshman QB playing with an inexperienced OL and inconsistent WR play. He needs a reset and some WR help to get things going again.

And he might also regress next year.  I haven't seen anything showing that he is learning.  We'll see.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, bullet said:

And he might also regress next year.  I haven't seen anything showing that he is learning.  We'll see.

You can't write a highly talented QB off after his freshman year, especially when he showed you what he can do when the entire offense clicks. It was more of a confidence issue for him this year. Let him mature and we might have a stud next year.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

The kid has been humbled for the first time in his life.

There are millions of dollars at stake with this kid. He is going to have family/friends/teammates/coaches on his ass to get his head right and fix his issues.

He has the physical tools to be very special. I think the chances are great he comes back exponentially better.

Or he is an all time waste. I don’t see it.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, bullet said:

Its a REALLY negative board.  I don't spend too much time on it during the game.

We're a negative fan base because of wandering the desert for 13+ years after a ton of success. So when we get a little success and take 2 steps forward and 4 steps back, we can be the worst of the worst. Myself included 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 4
  • Drool 1

I hear some of you lumping TCU in as a win if we just "runt the danged bawl" but they had schemed our shit. Bijan gave an interview where he basically said "it wasn't there and we didn't have an answer." In that case the only answer was try to open it up with the pass but the passing game wasn't there. I agree that we should have run more against OSU. 

Yeah. TCU smothered the run game and dared Texas to throw. Now, simply throwing prayers you know you can’t hit downfield was probably not the best counter, but you weren’t going to just brute force right through them.

OSU you showed you could run over them… and Texas proceeded to throw 40 passes. That’s, uh, bad.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, THUJONE said:

I hear some of you lumping TCU in as a win if we just "runt the danged bawl" but they had schemed our shit. Bijan gave an interview where he basically said "it wasn't there and we didn't have an answer." In that case the only answer was try to open it up with the pass but the passing game wasn't there. I agree that we should have run more against OSU. 

So?  Use the edges and more presnap motion... playcalling I'm not sure I've seen since the Alabama game.

5 minutes ago, wutang75 said:

The kid has been humbled for the first time in his life.

There are millions of dollars at stake with this kid. He is going to have family/friends/teammates/coaches on his ass to get his head right and fix his issues.

He has the physical tools to be very special. I think the chances are great he comes back exponentially better.

Or he is an all time waste. I don’t see it.

Yep. For the fired time in his life he's not "the man". He's been shown the light that there much better players than him. I hope he's learned that if he wants to be successful he has to actually work to get there. 

8 minutes ago, THUJONE said:

I would like to see the TCU game with them having to deal with the off tackle and sweeps that we have seen Sark call a bit more frequently post TCU. It is pretty obvious that Sark and Flood have been a bit concerned going off tackle up until recently and TCU was pretty much expecting us to run inside zone once it became obvious Ewers and the receivers were struggling.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Yep. For the fired time in his life he's not "the man". He's been shown the light that there much better players than him. I hope he's learned that if he wants to be successful he has to actually work to get there. 

LOL, you think Quinn hasn't had to work in his football life?  He was a starting QB for Southlake.  That program breeds Dragons into kids starting at like age 7.  At that point there were probably 20-30 kids with some ability and a dream of being the SLC starting QB and he beat them all, by the time he was a freshman/sophomore.  He's not some stranger to work.  Now the difference is what the right work is constantly changes as you level up.  So I don't think work will be a problem it's a matter of making sure it's the right work (and part of that is working on dealing with adversity as yea that wasn't something he had to work on much as the QB of SLC)  We shall see. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

This was actually a very dangerous day for all of us. This flood of thousands of rapists coming to Austin from Waco was a clear & present danger to all decent people. Please check in with us in this thread to let us know you are safe and unraped by any Baptists. 

1 minute ago, Surly Bevo said:

LOL, you think Quinn hasn't had to work in his football life?  He was a starting QB for Southlake.  That program breeds Dragons into kids starting at like age 7.  At that point there were probably 20-30 kids with some ability and a dream of being the SLC starting QB and he beat them all, by the time he was a freshman/sophomore.  He's not some stranger to work.  Now the difference is what the right work is constantly changes as you level up.  So I don't think work will be a problem it's a matter of making sure it's the right work (and part of that is working on dealing with adversity as yea that wasn't something he had to work on much as the QB of SLC)  We shall see. 

Of course he had to work to get where he was, but he was just better than the kids in front of him, so I don't think he took college as seriously as he should have. I believe he thought he could come in and do what he did in hs and be successful, but now he's been humbled. I think for the first time since his freshman year in hs he's understanding that he can't coast on his arm talent anymore. He's never had to learn complex coverages like he has to now. I think he can be better if he puts in the necessary work, but arm talent isn't gonna get it done. Now he sees 300+ lb giant humans coming to kill him every game, and he didn't have that in hs. 

4 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

How do you not know about the rape?

I do, I just wasn’t thinking it about that in context.  Trying to get black Friday online shopping done while looking at surly at the same time.  Kinda like how the girlfriend has been talking for ten minutes and I have no clue what about. 😂

Edited by Hook1997

18 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

We're a negative fan base because of wandering the desert for 13+ years after a ton of success. So when we get a little success and take 2 steps forward and 4 steps back, we can be the worst of the worst. Myself included 

Nah posters like you are really just self loathing pussy ass cunt bitches when it comes to this team. 

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

This was actually a very dangerous day for all of us. This flood of thousands of rapists coming to Austin from Waco was a clear & present danger to all decent people. Please check in with us in this thread to let us know you are safe and unraped by any Baptists. 

I'm at scholzs, spoke to rapists, I'm not yet raped. 

Here's hoping.