Rapists @ Texas 11AM ESPN

immamac

10 hours ago, Lhorn said:

Man for the way this team has found ways to lose, collapsed in the 2nd half and have the Texas defense get road graded, last half of the season has been pretty fun.  PK got the defense playing salty as fuck which needs to be the standard at mfin’ TEXAS.

Great end to the game, ride the defense and the running game.  Baylor knew it was coming and didn’t have a fucking thing for 5 and 2.  Hook ‘em!!!! 

You’re exactly right about Baylor knowing exactly what we were gonna do and could do nothing to stop it.

For all his faults, the one thing Sark is doing correctly is building this team the right way- in the trenches. Both offensive and defensive lines really started to look dominant the last two games. If we can continue to build on that we really have the opportunity to build something lasting like Georgia and Alabama.

• Hook 'Em 7

3 hours ago, Rimbo said:

That's because that's the actual line. 

But don't tell the students that.

I know. My dad was at Texas in the mid-60s. I heard Texas Fight several times at events before I ever heard it at a game.

First time I ever remember hearing it was at something honoring a State Senator in the Texas Capitol around 1980. The LHB played TF in the senate chamber. It sounded awesome! Not a “make ‘em eat shit” to be heard that day. First time at a game, it was “Go! Go! Go Horns, Go!”

Edited by Tex Pete
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, immamac said:

I love Copenhagen New York. 

Will you please also come back after the Kansas game to tell us how easy it was to make the CCG. 

Well that game is like 2:30am here so maybe I’ll wake up to fun news we made the ‘ship 

9 hours ago, CHEF RIBS W/ THE HAMM YALL said:

Wat.

Foreman rushed for 2,000+ yards and won the Doak Walker in 2016. 

I know.  Maybe it was the coach, maybe it was the team, but I just Didn't enjoy the season.  I haven't enjoyed our running game since JC entered the draft early.

7 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

90% sure

Yep I think even if TCU were to lose to KSU, they would be pretty much a lock to get an at-large NY6 bowl with a 12-1 record, putting us in the Alamo. I know some think TCU wouldn’t get a NY6 bowl because they aren’t a big draw, but I can’t imagine a 12-1 P5 team not getting a bid.

I think the only way we go Cheez It is if TCU loses two straight here and ends up in the Alamo (would be hilarious).

Or KU can do something magical and give us a rematch.

23 hours ago, UTEE97 said:

You can't write a highly talented QB off after his freshman year, especially when he showed you what he can do when the entire offense clicks. It was more of a confidence issue for him this year. Let him mature and we might have a stud next year.

This…..same with head coaches….ask Michigan!

Edited by Cairn Horn88
  • Hook 'Em 4

8 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

The difference with Harbaugh is he's proven himself in both college and the NFL before taking the Michigan job. He just needed more time, but he's a proven coach at 2 different colleges and the NFL. 

Doesn't change the fact he took a pay cut to not get fired at his alma mater.

• Hook 'Em 2

21 hours ago, Not a cat said:

I'll be the contrarian and say it looked slightly forward on TV. But would have liked a better look via replay.

I was on the 35 yard line, row 25…. Looking right at it.  It was a lateral, not a forward pass.  The crowd knew it was a fumble and the players knew it was a fumble.nbwe would have had the ball on Baylor’s 32 yard line….refs totally missed the call.  You aren’t over-turning my call!

• Hook 'Em 2

Wow. Only our third 8 win season since Mack left. 

He played a key role in ensuring that:

1) Cock blocking Saban
2) Using recruiting visits before he left
3) Encouraging recruits to decommit
4) Leaving cupboard bare, especially on offense.
5) Good or bad, his role in the culture in the football program and athletic department

His under recruiting the QB position messed with development and redshirts for years (Case and Swoopes and Ash). Then the miss with Jerrod Heard (during Charlie Strong) who was an uncommon QB redshirt was devastating. Had Heard developed we’d be in business.
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, CashMcCoy said:

Yep I think even if TCU were to lose to KSU, they would be pretty much a lock to get an at-large NY6 bowl with a 12-1 record, putting us in the Alamo. I know some think TCU wouldn’t get a NY6 bowl because they aren’t a big draw, but I can’t imagine a 12-1 P5 team not getting a bid.

I think the only way we go Cheez It is if TCU loses two straight here and ends up in the Alamo (would be hilarious).

Or KU can do something magical and give us a rematch.

Or, if TCU wins the Big 12, someone has to go to a NY bowl because TCU would be in the playoffs. We’d have the same record as KSU with the head to head win.