World Cup Day 7 - Tunisia/Australia, Poland/Saudi Arabia, France/Denmark, Argentina/Mexico

Captain Ron

4:00 AM Central - Group D - Fox Sports 1

image.png.95f3f73c6fc0d8b93f0dbac46852d5fd.png          VS          image.png.61797d5a0a3b259cbb6006d6cd936c7b.png

7:00 AM Central - Group C - Fox Sports 1

image.png.1b7e4e5e8dd8c8f93adf1448eb85dd2b.png          VS          image.png.500e88103af967205047199f14555372.png

10:00 AM Central - Group D - Fox Sports 1

image.png.b25613db3034543d881470c84284101b.png          VS          image.png.eb265555d0460ffdec7362f8f3728099.png

1:00 PM Central - Group C - Fox Sports 1

image.png.1c920464c740758bced21b60a0db044d.png          VS          image.png.f9740d477a95106a3a679ae229a84241.png

Take note, all of the games are on FS1 because America(n Football).

8 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

What is the best and worst case scenario for Mexico to advance or not? I’m not good at math.

Best win

Worse lose

20 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

So, Mexico can’t get eliminated today, right?   If they can dig themselves one hell of a hole. Need Argentina to go dos a cero in each half. 

They can't get eliminated, but a loss would not be good at all.

If they lose the group would be:

Arg/Pol 4
Saudi 3
Mexico 1

To advance they would need to win against the Saudis + make up the GD against the loser of Argentina/Poland. A draw between Pol/Arg would eliminate them.

EDIT - and I would add that this would be playing a Saudi team that WOULD advance with a win. So that would be a dog fight.

Edited by Captain Ron
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

Arg/Pol 4
Saudi 3
Mexico 1

To advance they would need to win against the Saudis + make up the GD against the loser of Argentina/Poland. A draw between Pol/Arg would eliminate them.

Not quite. Argentina is on 0. 

If Argentina won today and then drew Poland and MEX beat KSA it would go to GD between all 3. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, SimonBolivar said:

That Lewandowski goal might come back to bite Mexico. They're gonna need some impressive performances against both Argentina and Saudi.

Honestly, just draw today and they're in good shape. Same situation as US just needing a win to advance. 

Lose today and yes, that goal becomes potentially problematic.

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Honestly, just draw today and they're in good shape. Same situation as US just needing a win to advance. 

Lose today and yes, that goal becomes potentially problematic.

Yeah but that's easier said than done against a pissed off Argentina. They're more than capable of doing that but I know they weren't hoping to need a result against La Albiceleste 

8 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Not quite. Argentina is on 0. 

If Argentina won today and then drew Poland and MEX beat KSA it would go to GD between all 3. 

Whoops, you're right.

Yeah, that might even get worse because now Argentina does have incentive to beat the crap out of them.

Let's see how things play out and we can re run the math.

14 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

First 15 minutes of KSA I’ve seen and they look like a very competitive side. 

guess I shouldn’t be surprised considering their last result. 

8 starters and 12 total players play on the same team. Clubs, whose players practice together 9+ months out of the year, are much more finally tuned that national teams.

2010 Spain (Barcelona)

2014 Germany (Bayern Munich)

The Netherlands (Ajax Amsterdam any number of years)

It is a huge advantage to have players playing next to each other who play together.

USMNT: Ream & Jedi as well as Aaronson & Adams 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Captain Ron said:

Am I wrong to think this French team is more like-able with that shithead Benzema out injured?

Yes.

He wasn’t on the team in 2018, so compared to the last WC, the team is largely the same. 

Rabiot’s mom is a whiny cunt, so that was a big problem for the 2021 Euros.

3 minutes ago, alincoln said:

And no Pogba. 

And no Kante.

Pogba - I’m ambivalent on him, but I don’t support his former club. I get that (from the outside I also don’t see that as 100% him though)

Player’s parents don’t matter to me.

I just happen to think all of the shit over Benzema’s head (blackmail, underage prostitutes, shit taking his teammates) make him wholly unlikeable. Make no mistake I get the talent, he’s just an asshole. 

3 minutes ago, WBT said:

He wasn't past the other defender...yet

Eh I think he was. The rules analyst mentioned that because it was pretty far from goal it may have influenced the card. 

I like giving a yellow there, but Christensen is lucky that's what it was.