The best player in college football

Sbbruin

Their is an obvious QB bias for this award. For example this year what is the imagined distance between Caleb Williams and say, Jordan Travis (just because he balled out this weekend and impressed the fuck out of me)? I'm not saying I would ever take the latter over the former, but whatever that gap is it is much smaller than the Bijan to whatever RB you want to choose gap IMO.

Of course this elides how this award mainly ignores every other position also.

That said I don't disagree w/ OP, I watched that game (and most of his other games probably).

3 hours ago, hookemATL said:

Certainly hope nothing terrible happens to him the rest of the year.

He’s basically Sooner trash that did the Beverly Hillbillies move to Cali. Fuck him. Fuck USC. and fuck the heisman trophy, it’s been a horseshit award for years now. 

Would you have preferred he stayed at Oklahoma?

1 hour ago, immamac said:

I don’t understand the Caleb Williams and Lincoln Riley hate. 
They destroyed OUs program and burned it to the ground. They are heroes. Good for them winning a bunch and Caleb being the favorite for heisman. The only thing I hate is that Texas isn’t playing them in the post season. 

This. It makes my sooner acquaintances rage, I wouldn’t even mind then winning it all. Enemy of my enemy shit.

28 minutes ago, CashMcCoy said:

This. It makes my sooner acquaintances rage, I wouldn’t even mind then winning it all. Enemy of my enemy shit.

I don't see them beating either Michigan or Georgia whom they will inevitably play in the opening round provided they win the revenge game against Utah.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, hookemATL said:

Certainly hope nothing terrible happens to him the rest of the year.

He’s basically Sooner trash that did the Beverly Hillbillies move to Cali. Fuck him. Fuck USC. and fuck the heisman trophy, it’s been a horseshit award for years now. 

Caleb Williams is from Washington DC…

14 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

Is Caleb Williams and it’s really not close.  It pains me greatly that they are going to get ANOTHER Heisman but he deserves it.  I watched him torch us, and I’ve watched. Ugh of their play this year.  He’s a fucking baller.

I’ll never forget the elation of our defense crushing Rattler’s soul… just for the terrifying contrast of his backup being a combo of Joe Montana and fucking RoboCop.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, GringoSalado said:

Their is an obvious QB bias for this award. For example this year what is the imagined distance between Caleb Williams and say, Jordan Travis (just because he balled out this weekend and impressed the fuck out of me)? I'm not saying I would ever take the latter over the former, but whatever that gap is it is much smaller than the Bijan to whatever RB you want to choose gap IMO.

Of course this elides how this award mainly ignores every other position also.

That said I don't disagree w/ OP, I watched that game (and most of his other games probably).

Two things:

1.  2005 says "hi"

2.  I've seen him play once, and am very glad he transferred.

9 minutes ago, tx ind said:

Duggan

Good call, but maybe more like an "MVP" kind of guy versus an excitement and stats kind of guy.

Edited by Bullneck

17 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

Is Caleb Williams and it’s really not close.  It pains me greatly that they are going to get ANOTHER Heisman but he deserves it.  I watched him torch us, and I’ve watched. Ugh of their play this year.  He’s a fucking baller.

You never seen Bryce Young play?

Caleb has an argument, but 4th quarter, down 4, I'd want Bryce Young leading my team.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, bullet said:

You never seen Bryce Young play?

Caleb has an argument, but 4th quarter, down 4, I'd want Bryce Young leading my team.

I’ve seen Bryce play since he was a junior in HS.  I’d take Caleb 10 out if 10 times.  And again, I hate SC with the white hot passion of 1000 suns. 

11 hours ago, CashMcCoy said:

Riley will never win a NC. He's Leach with better offensive talent. He has a shitty defense and DC. He'll get them to the CFP, but he'll always be the first one out no matter what. He's just a great offer since coach, but he doesn't care about defense, just like Leach.