World Cup Day 9 - Cameroon/Serbia, South Korea/Ghana, Brazil/Switzerland, Portugal/Uruguay

Captain Ron

1 hour ago, MissingInAction said:

God damn what a match. Korea went balls out. 

Loved the lack of flopping. When people went down it was because they got the shit knocked out of them. Not some weak ass euro or south American pussy shit. 

Ghana will go far into the knock out rounds.

“Weak ass euro shit” is a ridiculous comment to have when the best soccer is played on the continent. Your gross over-generalization misses the mark with every European country other than the Italians, historically, however their Euro 2020 winning team was much better in that regard.

Edited by Macklemore

2 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

“Weak ass euro shit” is a ridiculous comment to have when the best soccer is played on the continent. Your gross over-generalization misses the mark with every European country other than the Italian floppers which is ingrained in their football culture.

Considering Italy was badass enough to rule much of the world for centuries then be such drama queens never made any sense to me.

26 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

“Weak ass euro shit” is a ridiculous comment to have when the best soccer is played on the continent. Your gross over-generalization misses the mark with every European country other than the Italians, historically, however their Euro 2020 winning team was much better in that regard.

Bruh... La Liga is almost as bad as CONCACAF. And there are some divey teams in every big 5 league - especially when it's a smaller side playing a big club. 

Even the MLS is bad at times with all of the central Americans playing. 

I don't think anyone is arguing about the quality of soccer played there- just that - in general - it's a pretty floppy sport in a lot of places. 

just caught game 1 5 min highlights.

set piece goal - cam

set piece goal - serb

press turnover goal - serb

fantastic final 3rd passing goal - serb

long ball over the top goal - cam

counter??  long through ball goal - cam

looked like it would have been a fun game to catch live. 

i want  USA to bury some set piece goals, man- that is the only way we are gonna win the whole fucking thing

game 2 - 5 min highlights

set piece goal - gha

cross in the box goal (similar to set piece goal) - gha 

attacking, turnover, press, got ball back- sick whip in goal - kor

cross, header banger goal- kor

lol, gha fwd def did not mean to whiff - kor keeper trash goal- gha

this game also looked to be fun - the final 20 mins look like kor was just full on shooting onslaught

3 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

Where did you find these?

youtube.

i just typed in cam vs serb haha.

3 minutes ago, kingkoopa6 said:

game 2 - 5 min highlights

set piece goal - gha

cross in the box goal (similar to set piece goal) - gha 

attacking, turnover, press, got ball back- sick whip in goal - kor

cross, header banger goal- kor

lol, gha fwd def did not mean to whiff - kor keeper trash goal- gha

this game also looked to be fun - the final 20 mins look like kor was just full on shooting onslaught

youtube.

i just typed in cam vs serb haha.

Facepalm. I was thinking you found 15 minute highlights, not Game 1 Highlights that are 5 minutes long.

I've been looking for that last goal replay, but can't find it.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

Facepalm. I was thinking you found 15 minute highlights, not Game 1 Highlights that are 5 minutes long.

I've been looking for that last goal replay, but can't find it.

you can watch full match replays immediately with TUBI app or online Tubi

you'll have to suffer through 3 min ad commercials but it works.

just sign in with your junk email 

Is it just me that thinks it is a little aggy for Uruguay to have 4 stars above their crest when they have only won the World Cup 2 times. The other 2 stars are for winning Olympic gold. Everyone else just adds stars for World Cup wins.

Edited by Macklemore
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Is it just me that thinks it is a little aggy for Uruguay to have 4 stars above their crest when they have only won the World Cup 2 times. The other 2 stars are for winning Olympic gold. Everyone else just adds stars for World Cup wins.

well they did win more recently than aggy so will let them slide. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Their two Olympic titles were World Cup level tournaments before the World Cup existed, so they are legit. It's not like they are putting stars on for the 2000 Olympics or anything.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_stars_above_Uruguay's_football_crest

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

Like Kane with England, I do not know why Portugal lets CR take dangerous free kicks. He's just not that great at them.

I mean... he might be a little overrated but he's pretty damn good. 

Who on their team do you think is better? 

33 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I mean... he might be a little overrated but he's pretty damn good. 

Who on their team do you think is better? 

Not really knowing all of the team, it's hard for me to say. Fernandez is better statistically, he has a conversation right around 5% scoring 2 in just under 40 attempts before Ronaldo returned to the team (he was primary at ManU). 

Ronaldo used to be good, no disagreement. But that has fallen off badly. Since he left Madrid, he has hit 1 free kick in 4 years and that's on 70-ish attempts.

• Hook 'Em 1