World Cup Day 9 - Cameroon/Serbia, South Korea/Ghana, Brazil/Switzerland, Portugal/Uruguay

Captain Ron

5 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

I think it's a natural position of the player as he goes down. I get why it's called, but I don't think it's intentional in the spirit of the rule.

except he STOPPED the ball from continuing on with his hand.

I agree that if his arm was down first it probably  wouldnt have been called. but he clearly stopped the entire momentum of the ball with his literal hand.

Hes honestly lucky he didnt get a yellow (or even the technically correct red) card for stopping a 1 on 1 v the keeper with his hand.

16 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

except he STOPPED the ball from continuing on with his hand.

I agree that if his arm was down first it probably  wouldnt have been called. but he clearly stopped the entire momentum of the ball with his literal hand.

Hes honestly lucky he didnt get a yellow (or even the technically correct red) card for stopping a 1 on 1 v the keeper with his hand.

And? In a natural position, it shouldn't matter if he stopped the ball.

Like I said given that he stopped it, I get why they called it. But I just think it's harsh. It's in his body (but yes, low).