Conference Championship Games - Discussion

Wally Pryor

If that stubborn ass Swinney continues to stick with Uiag then Clemson deserves to lose to North Carolina. 

Hats off to Jeff Traylor. 10-2 and hosting UNT in the C-USA game.

SC is being anointed as a FF participant. Whittingham is good in these spots and that's going to be an interesting game Friday night. The first game between these 2 was fantastic. 

Tulane went from 2-10 in '21 to 10-2 in '22. Hosting UCF Saturday for AAC. Tyjaye Spears is the best RB in the nation that not many people have heard of. 

Edited by Wally Pryor
  • Like 1

The Big 10 seems to very unbalanced in their division structure. I'd rather see a rematch of Ohio St/Michigan than some wack ass Purdue team. And we saw Iowa get blown out last year. SEC championship is now pointless. Georgia is 100% in and LSU is 100% out. Georgia showed last year and Bama has several times that winning your conference means zero. Michigan loses they are still in.

TCU/Kansas St has some interest just because I think the committee is looking for any slip up to punish TCU. I do believe Ohio St is sitting there to take their spot if they do.

Same goes for the USC/Utah game. USC has 1 loss and if they lose, 2 losses would drop them behind Ohio St. And that was already a great game they played earlier this year.

ACC will be a snoozefest.

Conference championship games as a neutral observer are only interesting if something is actually on the line. But many of these have nothing of substance on the line.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

All of the P5 champ games are utterly pointless this year, as the best team in each conference proved itself during the season: Michigan, USC, Georgia, Clemson, and TCU.  Especially Georgia, Michigan, and TCU.

Doesn't seem right that the Jorts, after getting their asshole absolutely worked at home, stand to benefit by not playing this weekend, but we all know ESPN the committee is looking for any chance to slot them 4th.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I'd like to see TCU win but they are too dependent on Duggan, although they do have a great WR.  Their 2010 team was much more talented.  Baylor almost beat them and I think TCU's miracle season runs out of luck.   Don't hate the Frogs, no reason to.  Keep Ohio State out of the playoffs dammit, but doesn't look good. 

5 hours ago, Dutch said:

All of the P5 champ games are utterly pointless this year, as the best team in each conference proved itself during the season: Michigan, USC, Georgia, Clemson, and TCU.  Especially Georgia, Michigan, and TCU.

Doesn't seem right that the Jorts, after getting their asshole absolutely worked at home, stand to benefit by not playing this weekend, but we all know ESPN the committee is looking for any chance to slot them 4th.

I don’t really understand the bitching. If Frogs and Trojans win, they’re in. UGA and Mich could lose and they’re still in. OSU ready to take Frogs or Trojans spot. All are totally sensible scenarios. There shouldn’t be any controversy. 

2 hours ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

I'd like to see TCU win but they are too dependent on Duggan, although they do have a great WR.  Their 2010 team was much more talented.  Baylor almost beat them and I think TCU's miracle season runs out of luck.   Don't hate the Frogs, no reason to.  Keep Ohio State out of the playoffs dammit, but doesn't look good. 

You ever watch Kendre Miller play?  Watch him run 75 yards on us?  They’re not overly dependent on Duggan. 

2 hours ago, markstanco said:

I think they are in unless they lose by 40+. Ohio state got hammered and they aren’t even in the conference championship game.

If TCU loses by 1 point, and USC wins, the Frogs should and will be on the outside looking in at tOSU. As it should be. Come the fuck on. 

7 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

You ever watch Kendre Miller play?  Watch him run 75 yards on us?  They’re not overly dependent on Duggan. 

If TCU loses by 1 point, and USC wins, the Frogs should and will be on the outside looking in at tOSU. As it should be. Come the fuck on. 

Why because tOSU got dry anal at home? Come the fuck on.

• Hook 'Em 2

10 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

The only compelling matchup is the USC-Utah revenge game. Am I wrong to think this? 

Pulling for Utah. Don’t like the odds of being able to beat the same team twice, but do not want the Lincoln Rileys to prevail, and then endless media super slurp to the California Condoms.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, El Squared said:

Why because tOSU got dry anal at home? Come the fuck on.

In a rivalry game by the #2 team in the country over a team that will have lost to 9-3 KSU, which lost to Tulane and Texas?  Absolutely. Look, if this thread wants to argue a 1-loss TCU team makes it over a 1-loss tOSU team (assuming USC wins), I really don’t wanna argue. I’ll just laugh and know what will happen, while I guess some here will gnash teeth at that reality when it occurs. 

17 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

The Big 10 seems to very unbalanced in their division structure. I'd rather see a rematch of Ohio St/Michigan than some wack ass Purdue team. And we saw Iowa get blown out last year. SEC championship is now pointless. Georgia is 100% in and LSU is 100% out. Georgia showed last year and Bama has several times that winning your conference means zero. Michigan loses they are still in.

TCU/Kansas St has some interest just because I think the committee is looking for any slip up to punish TCU. I do believe Ohio St is sitting there to take their spot if they do.

Same goes for the USC/Utah game. USC has 1 loss and if they lose, 2 losses would drop them behind Ohio St. And that was already a great game they played earlier this year.

ACC will be a snoozefest.

Conference championship games as a neutral observer are only interesting if something is actually on the line. But many of these have nothing of substance on the line.

This is where brand power comes into play. If TCU loses, the committee would likely put in Ohio State and drop TCU. USC may suffer the same fate if they lose, but I think TCU is at a greater risk of being left out with a loss than USC simply because they aren’t a college football blue blood like USC or Ohio State.

1 hour ago, GTX Horn said:

This is where brand power comes into play. If TCU loses, the committee would likely put in Ohio State and drop TCU. USC may suffer the same fate if they lose, but I think TCU is at a greater risk of being left out with a loss than USC simply because they aren’t a college football blue blood like USC or Ohio State.

Nobody cares about TCU outside of DFW. If they lose, I believe they will absolutely be left out of the playoffs, as they should be. TCU can’t compete against brands like USC or Ohio State. Sorry frogs, fuck off.

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, markstanco said:

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47w5wqrgep2j1he14rd1

First, that gif has been a staple of mine for years, you thieving cocksucker. Second, I’m right, and you know it. You and that negging party waste Pilot’s Error absolutely know. 

18 hours ago, Porterhouse said:

In a rivalry game by the #2 team in the country over a team that will have lost to 9-3 KSU, which lost to Tulane and Texas?  Absolutely. Look, if this thread wants to argue a 1-loss TCU team makes it over a 1-loss tOSU team (assuming USC wins), I really don’t wanna argue. I’ll just laugh and know what will happen, while I guess some here will gnash teeth at that reality when it occurs. 

YOU said a 1  point TCU loss is trumped by a tOSU buttfucking at home, in front of the family.

Are you obtuse or just re-tuse?

Purdue has played Michigan only once in the last 10 seasons, counting 2022 -- back in 2017.  Weird eh?

no one here should be rooting against TCU - except for the few Ohio State posters.  We need a Texas team in the playoffs . We need to keep the damn buckeyes out. I'm sick of the same teams at the top. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

YOU said a 1  point TCU loss is trumped by a tOSU buttfucking at home, in front of the family.

This is where I am at. Don’t penalize teams that earned the right to play an extra game.

The only one I could see is usc losing to Utah again giving them two losses. TCU already beat k state. So even with a loss the season series is tied and TCU would have one more win than Ohio state. Also buttfucking. Ohio state tried to keep it close by punting and playing safe and still got it up the ass at home. Don’t put them in.

That said I think O$U is a worse matchup for UGA than U$C is. So I would be fine with Ohio state beating uga to set up a THE GAME final.
By #2 Michigan, KState is trash.

They already beat k state though.

I think of 2005 Texas and how it just casually waved its dick around and clobbered 11 of the 13 teams on the schedule (and the other two finishes in the top 5), and then look at 2022 TCU, which struggled against TT at home, that needed Ot to beat OSU at nhome, that needed the officials to get it over the line against Texas, that would still be a dog in a game against Texas, and I just shake my head. 

Edited by statsman
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, El Squared said:

Not sure I said 1-point loss to KSU but if they lost by 1, yes, OSU is getting in ahead of them (if USC wins). I’m not sure why this is controversial in the slightest. You’re fucked in the head. 

4 hours ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

no one here should be rooting against TCU - except for the few Ohio State posters.  We need a Texas team in the playoffs . We need to keep the damn buckeyes out. I'm sick of the same teams at the top. 

I don't really care about a Texas team that is not UT making the playoffs. However, I am totally aligned with the Ohio State and Bama fatigue. That is why I want TCU to win. Also they kind of deserve it I guess.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, statsman said:

I think of 2005 Texas and how it just casually waved its dick around and clobbered 11 of the 13 teams on the schedule (and the other two finishes in the top 5), and then look at 2022 TCU, which struggled against TT at home, that needed Ot to beat OSU at nhome, that needed the officials to get it over the line against Texas, that would still be a dog in a game against Texas, and I just shake my head. 

Teams like that come along from time time that just squeeze by everybody. They are pretty rare though. TCU some kind of magic that they have to hope lasts just a bit longer.

56 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Still wrong. TCU is in 100% with a loss by 1. Or even by 20.

You’re insane. If USC wins and TCU loses, they’re out. But they won’t lose so they’ll be in. Playing Michigan. And they can beat Michigan. 

8 minutes ago, JBJ said:

I don't think any of the top 4 can afford a loss.  tOSU should feel good about their chances, imo.

Michigan and UGA are in no matter what. They absolutely can not put in Ohio state at 11-1 over 12-1 Michigan who just demolished them at home. 

Also UGA is safe because could you imagine the HORROR of no SEC teams in the playoffs?

23 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

No way TCU is getting in with a loss to K-State.

None....zero....nada.

If I didn't think TCU was the best matchup for Michigan I would have said lets test that theory out, but I would much rather see TCU in the first round. So Go Frogs. 

Also they already beat K-State so there is that. 

USC loses and they will have gotten beat twice by the same team. 

Edited by Juicy

On 11/28/2022 at 11:31 AM, Wally Pryor said:

There's a lot riding on TCU / K State. The latter is better with Howard at QB and no one should be surprised if they win.

Klieman is Snyder V. 2. Such a good coach. 

I'm going to laugh my ass off if the Big 12's short-sighted (and dumb) decision to institute a conference championship game in response to 2014 comes back to bite TCU in the ass this weekend and K-State gets revenge on the Froggies.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Juicy said:

Michigan and UGA are in no matter what. They absolutely can not put in Ohio state at 11-1 over 12-1 Michigan who just demolished them at home. 

Also UGA is safe because could you imagine the HORROR of no SEC teams in the playoffs?

Ohio State has a better schedule than both even after you factor in the 13th game for each (both of which should be easy wins).

There is an argument to be made for 1-loss Michigan and head-to-head mattering.  There is also an argument to be made that Michigan played no one non-con (OSU played ND), and lost to a pretty bad Purdue.

UGA's schedule isn't any better.  Oregon doesn't make up for how bad their in-conference slate is.  But sure, SEC! SEC!