USA World Cup Match 3: Iran

Captain Ron

7 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

xposting @Napoleon from the other thread:

see my post above.  i see the hand of stewart and mcbride in your comments (bolded italicized underlined)

reyna is damn good and not showing him until absolutely necessary makes sense

if there is any transitive property at all in this group, we should wax eyeran if we can attack their 6

I'm just curious how this works? I mean has all the tape on Reyna from Dortmund been destroyed? Is there no way that Iran can look up his performances from earlier this year?

Im less worried about who starts, unless GGG plays Acosta at the 8 or starts Morris at the 9 or something outrageous like that.

I think we see the same starting XI, but with Jesus up top.   What I do want to see is us making subs early, GIo and BA should be coming in at the 70th minute to give them 20+ min to make an impact.  

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

Im less worried about who starts, unless GGG plays Acosta at the 8 or starts Morris at the 9 or something outrageous like that.

I think we see the same starting XI, but with Jesus up top.   What I do want to see is us making subs early, GIo and BA should be coming in at the 70th minute to give them 20+ min to make an impact.  

This is what worries me, those guys should be playing 30-40 minutes. Frankly, I would bring them on at the half.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

imaging having four years to find a starting group/striker and then starting 3 different in the 3 group games.

• Rage+1 1

12 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

My Grandad’s neighbor was one of the folks held hostage at the embassy in Tehran. I could hit a 9 iron to his house.  One of the nicest men I ever met in my life, but never talked about that episode until a few years back.   Fuck Iran. 

Mom was a diplomat. her mentor was a hostage. Will never forget being 6 and him telling us the stories of what it was like.

Cousin had his chopper shot down during the oil rig events of the 1980's.

Dad lost a few friends in Desert 1. Dick Meadows was a bad ass. Mission should have continued even with the mess on the ground. Too many assets were in Tehran and got lost. 

My team was blown to shit in Afghanistan and the brits confirmed it was Iranian made explosive. 

I have liked the Iranians I worked with. Their women are hot as shit. 

Fuck their regime and may all the goats they fuck have canceraids. 

USA TODAY. And then blow the fuck out of their oil rigs just cuz. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Mom was a diplomat. her mentor was a hostage. Will never forget being 6 and him telling us the stories of what it was like.

Cousin had his chopper shot down during the oil rig events of the 1980's.

Dad lost a few friends in Desert 1. Dick Meadows was a bad ass. Mission should have continued even with the mess on the ground. Too many assets were in Tehran and got lost. 

My team was blown to shit in Afghanistan and the brits confirmed it was Iranian made explosive. 

I have liked the Iranians I worked with. Their women are hot as shit. 

Fuck their regime and may all the goats they fuck have canceraids. 

USA TODAY. And then blow the fuck out of their oil rigs just cuz. 

Yep.  Have met many a solid Iranian person and several beautiful ladies.  Their regime is an absolute pariah.  So when I say FUCK IRAN, I'm pretty much saying FUCK the IRANIAN REGIME.   

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Yep.  Have met many a solid Iranian person and several beautiful ladies.  Their regime is an absolute pariah.  So when I say FUCK IRAN, I'm pretty much saying FUCK the IRANIAN REGIME.   

I am with you. FUCK THE IRANIAN REGIME. Goat Fuckers wearing shitty hats and depriving the world of hot women. May they suck more than aggy and ou combined. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NoName said:

imaging having four years to find a starting group/striker and then starting 3 different in the 3 group games.

Sometimes managers are just trying to find the guy that is hot going into the tournament. If it applied in baseball Altuve would have been riding the bench after his post season start this year. So I agree you should know who you trust and are going with by now.

Edited by DanTheHorn

8 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

I'm confused about the start time.

I see 1 pm cst everywhere but on FOX pregame it says 1 pm et.

FS1 is doing pregame from now until kick off.

Fox will join pregame at 1 PM eastern/Noon Central

Both games kickoff at 2 PM Eastern/1 PM Central.

Edited by Captain Ron
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

image.png.5a2131f1a792805c9543a5d19f834bb6.png

Just eyballing it:
England 45%
USA 20%
Tie 35%

7 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Over 50% for England and around 20% for us (look at the chart it tracks win probability as the game goes on):

image.png.c27c9a5fec420a814555abeb037b8d5a.png

Whoops, yeah, my number for England is too small. Using a measure tool:

England 54%
Tie 26%
USA 20%

• Hook 'Em 1