USA World Cup Match 3: Iran

Captain Ron

2 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

Him and Robinson give the US so much speed on the edges. Huge deal for this team.

Antonee has been solid on D again but again hasn't done a whole lot going forward. He's usually more dangerous than he's shown these past two games. 

2 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

One of the best halves I've seen from the USMNT in a long time. No shots from Iran, nine for the US, three of which were on goal. Isn't that as many SoG for the U.S. in a half as it had in the first two matches?

And a fingernail from being up 2-0!

We were pretty damn solid. I'd like to see us be a bit better in the 2nd half. Maybe get AAron on around the 82nd minute. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

One of the best halves I've seen from the USMNT in a long time. No shots from Iran, nine for the US, three of which were on goal. Isn't that as many SoG for the U.S. in a half as it had in the first two matches?

And a fingernail from being up 2-0!

IMHO, Iran is/was letting us have the game. They were ceding possession to us. For as well as dictated play, our mistakes are still on display.

But we got our goal.

Now we can't let up. We need to get another maybe 2.

Edited by Captain Ron
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TXSG8R said:

That FB he’s up against is ass and the CBs are pinned by Weah and Sargent. Dude is gonna feast for 90.

You know - this is why getting more goals is important. We need to sub out some of our yellow cards. And we don't want to do that with just 1 goal. We need more.

• Hook 'Em 1