USA World Cup Match 3: Iran

Captain Ron

1 hour ago, dieucla98 said:

It might be cliche but club career says CP10 is #1. He doesn't have the WC resume yet, but give him time.

It's kind of crazy, but going through the exercise in my head, a lot of the top 10 is on the roster today. 

Trajectory of soccer in the US is on such a steep climb at the moment. 

Pulisic's club career is not better than Dempsey's imo. 20 goals for Chelsea v 50 goals for Dempsey at Fulham, including the most famous goal in club history.

Pulisic also seems to be injured all the time – 87 appearances in 3.5 seasons is really poor.

He will almost certainly surpass Dempsey as the American with the greatest club career but he's not there yet.   

• Hook 'Em 1

bro jesus sucks but would have been a better option than wright today only because he would have tracked back much further. put weah at the 9 like everyone in america -1 wants and aaronson/gio on the wing. fuck, put gio at the 9 and let him sit IDGAF. Jesus is a spare with a terrible haircut. 

My twins are nicknamed after Ajax, my family is from Northern Holland and they have always been my 2nd team. That said I am happy we are getting Holland over Senegal on Saturday.

This current Oranje team just feels slow/predicatable and maybe they have been coasting and I will regret saying this but they don’t have the same possession oriented pressing team from years past. Gakpo’s goals have been in front of goal with space. If we give him a chance he will score but between Adams and Weston we should be able to force Holland out wide. It’s going to take 2 goals to make the quarters but I’m happy to be going up against Holland vs Senegal here.

• Hook 'Em 4

17 minutes ago, Bottlecap said:

bro jesus sucks but would have been a better option than wright today only because he would have tracked back much further. put weah at the 9 like everyone in america -1 wants and aaronson/gio on the wing. fuck, put gio at the 9 and let him sit IDGAF. Jesus is a spare with a terrible haircut. 

The Austin anthem clown chimes in. Cool insight and not biased at all 

Damn. It was probably more than just a game to the Iranian players.

Sheesh…I felt worse for the Iranian players/families than I felt better about USA winning. No doubt they’re all good people.

They’re potentially about to go through some serious shit. How/why Iran hasn’t gotten the russia ban because of their bullshit is beyond me.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Juicy said:

He also runs life forrest gump. I felt yesterday his problem was he was going too fast. If he slowed down a bit his first touch would hopefully have been much better. 

Yep.   He has very clumsy running form for a world class athlete.  Routinely gets out over his skis if you will.   Hard to control a ball when you can’t control your body.   

• Hook 'Em 1

On 11/30/2022 at 2:15 AM, UTHornFan014 said:

Haji is still on my shit list after shooting that ball in the 9th minute of stoppage time instead of dribbling to the corner. Such a low IQ play. 

Also, 'Murica and Fuck Eye-Ran

How bout the fact that he loafed like a primadonna striker saving his energy in the first half of an inconsequential friendly? He was goddamned infuriating from the moment he stepped on the pitch. Criminal if he sees meaningful minutes on Saturday (Shaq too for that matter).