Fox:

image.png          VS         image.png 

The current group A standings:

Rnk Country        Pts  GD  GF  GA
1. Netherlands      4    2   3   1
2. Ecuador          4    2   3   1
3. Senegal          3    0   3   3
4. Qatar            0   -4   1   5

The Netherlands should advance, Ecuador and Senegal play for the other place.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

Because Fox carries the rights to the games lol 

Seriously though, I'd rather have the Senegal game on Fox and middle eastern aggy game on FS1

Yes. Obviously. 

Wouldn't FOX want the better game on network? 

I guess since Qatar is the host country they get to be on network. 

I wonder if they can flex other match day 3 games or if every game was decided ahead of time. 

For the most part it is going to be Netherlands and either Ecuador or Senegal. Here are the rough permeutations:

Netherlands - advance with a result against Qatar.

Ecuador - advance with a draw or win vs Senegal. Can advance with a loss and Netherlands loss and getting ahead on tiebreakers (currently down on fair play points)

Senegal - advance with a win vs Ecuador. Can advance with a draw and Netherlands loss and making up GD

47 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

Hid a secret, huh?  NYT is a little out over their skis with that one.  Seemed obvious when I first saw them.  I mean there was this at the gold cup in Houston last year:

Someone must have told them adding the Arabic to the tshirts for the World Cup would be more convincing.

Edited by WBT

21 minutes ago, WBT said:

Hid a secret, huh?  NYT is a little out over their skis with that one.  Seemed obvious when I first saw them.  I mean there was this at the gold cup in Houston last year:

Someone must have told them adding the Arabic to the tshirts for the World Cup would be more convincing.

I don't understand who would do that for $20. 

• Hook 'Em 2

21 minutes ago, WBT said:

There was an article in the NYT about this. Qatar paid ultras from the Arab countries like Lebanon to be their fans. Pathetic that FIFA picked a country with no soccer tradition to be host of the world’s most important sporting event.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/11/28/sports/soccer/world-cup-fans-qatar-ultras.html