America's Game: The 123rd Meeting of Army and Navy

LTtxfan

The 123rd Army vs. Navy Game is set to be played on Dec. 10 at 3 p.m. ET from Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia. The game will be broadcast live on CBS.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/2022-army-vs-navy-game-uniforms-revealed-for-123rd-rivalry-meeting-between-black-knights-midshipmen/

https://footballscoop.com/news/uniforms-for-the-army-v-navy-game-have-been-unveiled

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

The Marine officers go to Annapolis right? Seems like some of the Navy players have USMC insignia on their uniforms.

Yes.  They are Marine Option.

Last year's Navy uni commemorated the Marine Corps Dress Blue uniform.

GVVZUS4TBBESZJRLY6X4VWYKGQ.png

So, go Navy lol
Go Navy
My kid was born just before this game a few years ago and it was the first tee vee he ever watched. 
Great game to get ready for bowl season

Ive really come to appreciate this game more in the last 15ish years. I don’t care who wins. I just enjoy watching the players and the school “fans”.

No cosplay Aggie corp in the stands for this game. They leave the stadium and protect us. No senior boots or dog generals to be found.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

Getting pictures of WW2 shit is amazing stuff…my Papa…

I bet y’all have better stories @Armybrat having served in the Revolutionary War probably has the best.

My Papa and three other guys between the ages of 15-17 heard the radio about Hitler and decided to join the fight. I tried to circle his picture but cannot. So just the line to him.

Anyway, the four of them left with $5 dollars total.  Snuck out in the middle of the night and had it planned that way. Can’t imagine.  Would love to see anything all of you have from family or friends. 

95399074-A064-4CC8-8A36-221C1BB9943E.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

My Dad and his two best friends joined from Austin within weeks of each other.  He and one friend went Navy and served in the Pacific, the third went Army Air Corps and was off to Europe.

One was KIA and lost aboard the aircraft carrier Franklin and another shot down and KIA over Europe.  My Dad came home, finished school, settled down and married, and named his first born after his two lost hero friends.

I share this story PROUDLY whenever afforded the opportunity because they’re my heroes, too.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, markstanco said:

Weird take, especially if you are a marine. Thanks for your service if so.

Nothing weird about it. Marines hate the Navy. Marines hate the Army. Army and Navy hate the Marines. Don’t overthink it, just your average healthy interservice rivalry. And yes Marines come out of the Naval Academy, that doesn’t mean they have to love the Navy. The ones that went to school there will root for Navy, the rest don’t really give a shit . And yes the Marine Corps is under the Department of the Navy. That’s administrative bullshit that Marines don’t really care about.  Think of it like rooting against Texas A&M even though we’re both from Texas.  

9 hours ago, markstanco said:

Ive really come to appreciate this game more in the last 15ish years. I don’t care who wins. I just enjoy watching the players and the school “fans”.

No cosplay Aggie corp in the stands for this game. They leave the stadium and protect us. No senior boots or dog generals to be found.

Plus I hope they keep the wing option game forever it's a fun style of ball to watch, especially for less talented teams.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, markstanco said:

But they still have this, right? RIGHT???

image.png.bbefdc0391723f9c011b2bade66c9815.png

image.png.764a2ea6b4eddbfaa01190c295d7db5e.png

Please tell me these two woke academies haven't abandoned all traditions that honor those who fought/died for the Dixie chi this great country. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/29/2022 at 7:22 AM, Your Mom said:

Nothing weird about it. Marines hate the Navy. Marines hate the Army. Army and Navy hate the Marines. Don’t overthink it, just your average healthy interservice rivalry. And yes Marines come out of the Naval Academy, that doesn’t mean they have to love the Navy. The ones that went to school there will root for Navy, the rest don’t really give a shit . And yes the Marine Corps is under the Department of the Navy. That’s administrative bullshit that Marines don’t really care about.  Think of it like rooting against Texas A&M even though we’re both from Texas.  

The Marines are kind of aggy-like in their cultishness.

This game means a lot to me. My cousin and his wife are still active duty Navy, having finished their tours and are stationed in Virginia Beach. My youngest stepbrother is active duty Marines and is currently stationed in Salt Lake City as an officer after serving in Australia, Japan and other parts of the Pacific. Oldest BIL was in the Marines, went to med school, and re-enlisted in the Navy as a Naval doctor. Lots of Navy in my family.

So once again, GO NAVY! BEAT ARMY! SING SECOND!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Oldest son was USMA’ 17.

Younger son is currently Navy enlisted.

I was USMC enlisted.

a metric shit ton of family scattered across all branches, as officers and enlisted;but only one Academy grad.

I fell in love with West Point when so was going there. Part of it is the history and environment on campus, and then probably most importantly, what it meant to him.  I teased him that after he graduated, I’d go back to rooting for Navy, as I had for most of my life.  That hasn’t happened yet.

Go Army! Beat Navy!!!

On 11/29/2022 at 7:22 AM, Your Mom said:

It seems more like rooting against the rest of UT and only rooting for the Engineering school. It is not like there is a USMC academy.

I look forward to this game every year. I served with multiple officers from the USMA, but only one, that I knew of, was a football player at the USMA. He was one of my favorite officers while I was a young enlisted guy. Fun and motivated guy, especially during the daily PT regimen.

That was over 30 years ago, but still remember him. Go Army, Beat Navy! Sing 2nd Army!

Hook’em!

• Hook 'Em 5