2023 Texas Coaching and Support Staff Thread

RaysBoomBoomRoom

While Briles experienced plenty of on-field success, including winning the Broyles Award in 2015 as the nation’s top assistant, he was also on staff during the sexual assault scandal that rocked Baylor and college football in 2016. Art was fired in 2016, but Kendal remained on new head coach Jim Grobe’s staff the following season. Kendal was not implicated in any wrongdoing, but according to a Title IX lawsuit filed Jan. 27, 2017, Briles asked a Dallas-area recruit: “Do you like white women? Because we have a lot of them at Baylor and they love football players.”

Read more at: https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article271335717.html#storylink=cpy

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

That would suck. If we hire them we can’t sign any of those kids for at least one recruiting cycle, might even be two. One of these other rule geeks can correct me. I just remember it because of Gilbert and giving us an excuse to dump Phaison Wilson (or whatever his fucking name was)

not this cycle, more like '24 and '25. Isn't that far enough removed?

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

That motherfucker hasn’t talked to anyone unless he happens to have a family member who was a victim. Can you imagine being a victim, who has been shamed by her school and peers to keep quiet, opening up to Jabba the Cunt about their experiences?

There are a lot of people that still pay $9.95 to orangebloods every month.  While I wouldn't talk to that tub of lard, who the fuck knows what other people would do.  Either way, schools ignoring Kendall Briles's role in all of this shit should be ashamed of themselves.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

24 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I’ve seen that actor now in about four films. He’s really naturally funny. 

I've noticed him in a ton of shit lately. Dude has done a hell of a job carving out a stellar acting niche for a guy who doesn't look like your traditional Hollywood actor, even a Hollywood B actor. I think he was Richard Jewel in the Clint Eastwood movie, I know that gif is from I, Tanya, which has one of the best lines in a movie in the past decade. Kobra Kai, that apple series Blackbird, Da 5 Bloods, BlacKKKlansman. Dude's been impressive. 

• Hook 'Em 3

30 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I've noticed him in a ton of shit lately. Dude has done a hell of a job carving out a stellar acting niche for a guy who doesn't look like your traditional Hollywood actor, even a Hollywood B actor. I think he was Richard Jewel in the Clint Eastwood movie, I know that gif is from I, Tanya, which has one of the best lines in a movie in the past decade. Kobra Kai, that apple series Blackbird, Da 5 Bloods, BlacKKKlansman. Dude's been impressive. 

For those of us that will never have even a vague interest in watching "I, Tanya", give us the line and the setup.

25 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

For those of us that will never have even a vague interest in watching "I, Tanya", give us the line and the setup.

Doesn't require much of a setup, but the line is delivered by Alison Janney talking to her daughter, Margot Robbie as Tonya Harding. They're talking about either her practice, or how she skated at a recent competition. Mom just deadpans "You skated like a graceless Bull Dyke out there. I was embarrassed for you."

Sadly YouTube won't allow me to imbed it from the trailer. 

https://youtu.be/IeSRarmo2dc?t=44

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Doesn't require much of a setup, but the line is delivered by Alison Janney talking to her daughter, Margot Robbie as Tonya Harding. They're talking about either her practice, or how she skated at a recent competition. Mom just deadpans "You skated like a graceless Bull Dyke out there. I was embarrassed for you."

I think he meant that you should record yourself performing the scene. 

You should record yourself performing the scene. 

• Haha 4

Funny you mention him, he just got a guitar wrapped around his head in a pro rasslin match a week ago. 

13 minutes ago, TexasRenegade said:

Frustrated Season 2 GIF by The Lonely Island

Paul Walter Hauser GIF by Golden Globes

He is phenomenally entertaining.  Couldn't find any Stingray Gifs from Cobra Kai though.....which is probably the character most posters on Surly would find most relateable.

I'm very certain there are a few posters that relate more to this character:

Black Bird GIF - Black Bird Blackbird - Discover & Share GIFs

• Haha 2

Hooked

5 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

What does FAMILY trust chop mean

“F.A.M.I.L.Y: Forget About Me, I Love You.  It is a sacrificial, unselfish mindset,” said Schiano. 

Trust: 100% honesty, do what you are supposed to do when you are supposed to do it.

Chop: This stands for chopping down a tree.  It requires intense focus, physical and mental toughness, and perseverance.”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

“F.A.M.I.L.Y: Forget About Me, I Love You.  It is a sacrificial, unselfish mindset,” said Schiano. 

Trust: 100% honesty, do what you are supposed to do when you are supposed to do it.

Chop: This stands for chopping down a tree.  It requires intense focus, physical and mental toughness, and perseverance.”

John Oliver Cool GIFs | Tenor

Edited by Chuckie Finster
  • Haha 8

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Seinfeld-leaving GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Greg Schiano (@GregSchiano) / Twitter

Ha Gayyyyy GIFs | Gfycat

• Haha 1