2023 Texas Coaching and Support Staff Thread

RaysBoomBoomRoom

12 hours ago, TheMailBox357 said:

Listening to the Horns247 Recruiting podcast episode from a week & half ago. Roach mentioned that players on the roster wanted Samples to get the WR coaching job.

12 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

Let’s do what the players want!

12 hours ago, TexEx15 said:

Damn how long you had that in the chamber.

12 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

It’s my go-to whenever people start saying we should factor in what current players want

11 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

Do not listen to what players want. 

Don't forget that Colin Johnson & Devin Durveney also wanted Coleman to be promoted to WR Coach after the 2019 season.

• Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Listen, we all know that Nick Saban is an actual sociopath, so empathy and integrity aren't things for him. That considered, it would take more than his own interest to get up the nerve to bring Bo Davis back to Alabama. I'm not going to get into specifics, but the likelihood of Davis going back to Bama is like .0001% for a number of reasons, but the biggest one is one that never went public, sent him to the NFL, and if known, would have never gotten him through compliance at Texas.

@OnAComputer and his buddies are either straight up making shit up or they are not talking to people on the Bama end. If they've actually spoken with someone on the Pruitt end that isn't enough here, and they should do a better job with their journalism.

I was wondering about this, I know Davis left Bama under some pretty ambiguous circumstances. Since Davis is making $1 Mil per year now, I am not even sure what the appetite for anyone to hire him away would be if Saban did give the green light. I don't know that Bo has aspirations to be a DC, but it would seem like the only real threat to him being hired away. 

37 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

TFB seem to be the least accurate of the UT $9.95ers. I always roll my eyes when they report something new that other UT $9.95ers haven't reported.

Its weird because w/r/t coaching changes I feel like they've actually had decent info since Sark came into town. Recruiting wise not so much. Definitely feels like the Bo Davis shit is from the Pruitt side though.

1 hour ago, TheMailBox357 said:

TFB seem to be the least accurate of the UT $9.95ers. I always roll my eyes when they report something new that other UT $9.95ers haven't reported.

The fact that you can even type this, when we all know you can't wait to pop in the very latest Geoff Ketchum podcast, speaks volumes* about you as a person and poster.

Those volumes might be volumes of hot garbage. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, South Austin said:

Hot garbage can be quite tasty.  And unlike the abomination in places like Cincinnati, they don't try to call it "chili."

A photo of a whole garbage plate with ketchup and bread out of focus.

Garbage Plate recipe

As a resident of the hellhole from which the garbage plate originated, I am qualified to shame you for your wrongness. If you actually ordered a garbage plate at ONT, it's more likely to look like this

nick-tahou-hots.jpg

People who love garbage plates must enjoy the following:

• Warm, cinnamon-y "meat sauce" co-mingling with a cold base layer of mac salad
  • Deciding whether you hate yourself enough to order a two meat plate that includes hot dogs, or stick with the over-dry cheeseburger bodies limply draped over the top
  • The aftertaste of raw onion and grease burps

The Red Wings jerseys were pretty neat, though

Spoiler

RRW170810NOR-438-1024x683.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, perfectchaos007 said:

Odd time to jump in the series given the Roiland accusations but I respect it 

I have zero idea of what trouble either creator has gotten into, although I believe Harmon had plenty of his own accusations in the past. That being said, it's been on my list for awhile, and since they're only 20 minutes seems like an easy thing to plow through. 

Now let me go google and reserve the right to change my fucking mind entirely. 

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

I have zero idea of what trouble either creator has gotten into, although I believe Harmon had plenty of his own accusations in the past. That being said, it's been on my list for awhile, and since they're only 20 minutes seems like an easy thing to plow through. 

Now let me go google and reserve the right to change my fucking mind entirely. 

Lol. All I’m saying is don’t expect any new episodes. Roiland is probably black listed now 

40 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

As a resident of the hellhole from which the garbage plate originated, I am qualified to shame you for your wrongness. If you actually ordered a garbage plate at ONT, it's more likely to look like this

nick-tahou-hots.jpg

People who love garbage plates must enjoy the following:

• Warm, cinnamon-y "meat sauce" co-mingling with a cold base layer of mac salad
  • Deciding whether you hate yourself enough to order a two meat plate that includes hot dogs, or stick with the over-dry cheeseburger bodies limply draped over the top
  • The aftertaste of raw onion and grease burps

The Red Wings jerseys were pretty neat, though

Hide contents

RRW170810NOR-438-1024x683.jpg

Shout out to Rochester, NY! My parents grew up in Caledonia. I'm thankful every day that my dad decided to attend law school at Texas and I got to grow up in Austin instead of Western, NY.

• Hook 'Em 6

19 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

New shit has come to light, sir. 

17 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Oh goddammit. This fucking guy. Now I gotta change my avatar and shit.

Man, who would have ever thought that an angry, creative-type dork making obscene and edgy adult cartoons in Hollywood would also probably have a problem with women and depraved sexual instincts. I've been shocked, personally. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, MuellerHorn said:

Shout out to Rochester, NY! My parents grew up in Caledonia. I'm thankful every day that my dad decided to attend law school at Texas and I got to grow up in Austin instead of Western, NY.

Went to graduate school in Rochester. A garbage plate after a night of waiting tables then drinking was good stuff. 

not as great the next day. 

8 hours ago, closetojumping said:

@OnAComputer and his buddies are either straight up making shit up or they are not talking to people on the Bama end. If they've actually spoken with someone on the Pruitt end that isn't enough here, and they should do a better job with their journalism.

just fwiw @OnAComputer entered the McCombs MBA program so I don't think he has much to do with tfb these days. I could be wrong but I recall seeing his twitter announcement posted somewhere on the recruiting board.

9 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Oh good, he's a groomer. Peace out. 

So, uh, what do yall think about Adventuretime? I've heard good things. 

Adventure time featuring .... You guessed it, Justin Roiland. (Although only in 14 of the almost 300 episodes as something called the Earl of Lemongrab, so, yea just skip the episodes I guess).

• Rage+1 1

10 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Has there been anything on the special assistant or WR coach front?

Yes. Tons of info. So much juicy info.

But no one is talking about it here or anywhere online because the entire longhorn netdom enjoys watching you twist in the wind, and we looooove reading all your posts asking obvious questions that my 5 year old can figure out for himself. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

13 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Yes. Tons of info. So much juicy info.

But no one is talking about it here or anywhere online because the entire longhorn netdom enjoys watching you twist in the wind, and we looooove reading all your posts asking obvious questions that my 5 year old can figure out for himself. 

Thank you for the response and with that said how would you rate all this juicy info on a scale of 1 being futreman-eque and 10 being your love affair for CTJ?