2023 Texas Coaching and Support Staff Thread

RaysBoomBoomRoom

36 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Thank you for the response and with that said how would you rate all this juicy info on a scale of 1 being futreman-eque and 10 being your love affair for CTJ?

This again? I guess since you've shown repeatedly you can't defend your behavior on your own merits, you'll just keep repeating this tired old trope thinking you got in a real zinger, eh? The only person you're embarrassing here is yourself. But enjoy the august company along with Spider2yBanana and the ilk that think this is a winning strategy. 

Or, you know, stop asking stupid questions and saying stupid things. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/19/2023 at 7:35 AM, SydneyCarton said:

That motherfucker hasn’t talked to anyone unless he happens to have a family member who was a victim. Can you imagine being a victim, who has been shamed by her school and peers to keep quiet, opening up to Jabba the Cunt about their experiences?

the guy has a multi decade long history of making shit up.

of course he is going to point to rape victims and say he talked to them - it's the ultimate "don't reveal your sources" situation for him. and of course he is going to make shit up if he sees the opportunity to win internet points in this scenario.

he's a piece of shit human being.

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Yes. Tons of info. So much juicy info.

But no one is talking about it here or anywhere online because the entire longhorn netdom enjoys watching you twist in the wind, and we looooove reading all your posts asking obvious questions that my 5 year old can figure out for himself. 

the question about WR coach is literally asked and answered further up on the same page, as if we needed any more information to how useless that guy is as a poster.

47 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

This again? I guess since you've shown repeatedly you can't defend your behavior on your own merits, you'll just keep repeating this tired old trope thinking you got in a real zinger, eh? The only person you're embarrassing here is yourself. But enjoy the august company along with Spider2yBanana and the ilk that think this is a winning strategy. 

Or, you know, stop asking stupid questions and saying stupid things. 

Ask a simple question and you go on a tirade....and you wonder why I continually shit post respond to your replies? 

Malcom Glenn on Twitter: "u mad bro? RT @Gawker: Ivy League admissions are  a sham: Confessions of a Harvard gatekeeper http://t.co/a4QTr3qF4e  http://t.co/vtUWr0BECo" / Twitter

27 minutes ago, NoName said:

the question about WR coach is literally asked and answered further up on the same page, as if we needed any more information to how useless that guy is as a poster.

My thing is more...listen, we're all fanatics here. It takes a special segment of fan to be on a sports message board. And in the case of Longhorn football, it takes a special and much smaller subset of fans to spend time on the recruiting board following recruiting, things happening at other schools, and the minutia of coaching hires. We also are all present in an environment where when news of any kind breaks, most of us are getting emails (which show up on preview screens on many of our smart phones saying BREAKING NEWS), or tweets, or FB News alerts. And on top of THAT, there are posters here who generally take glee in posting these updates damn near in real time, as soon as they happen, on multiple threads on this board. And failing THAT, many of us are members of other boards, where 995ers post the news directly. And despite all of those multiple safety nets that exist for people here to get updated news, and for breaking news to be posted here damn near immediately, someone asking "Hey, any news recently" is just one of the stupidest fucking things I can imagine.

Any insider who had news they were going to share would have shared it. Any insider who knew something and wasn't going to share it, for whatever reason, isn't suddenly having their mind changed by a dipshit asking "Hey, anything new?" Particularly when the poster in question is basically wondering in the middle of a movie with a turkey leg hanging half eaten out of his mouth going "So, uh guys, anyone heard anything new?" He's the walking Vincent Vega gif from pulp fiction regardless of what background is imposed. 

4 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Ask a simple question and you go on a tirade....and you wonder why I continually shit post respond to your replies? 

Malcom Glenn on Twitter: "u mad bro? RT @Gawker: Ivy League admissions are  a sham: Confessions of a Harvard gatekeeper http://t.co/a4QTr3qF4e  http://t.co/vtUWr0BECo" / Twitter

You shitpost to EVERYONE because you're an an unintelligent idiot who is literally incapable of any other kind of posting. 

Your simple question was fucking stupid, for reasons I've outlined directly above, as well as in my initial sarcastic response to your stupid fucking question. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 1
  • Haha 8

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

My thing is more...listen, we're all fanatics here. It takes a special segment of fan to be on a sports message board. And in the case of Longhorn football, it takes a special and much smaller subset of fans to spend time on the recruiting board following recruiting, things happening at other schools, and the minutia of coaching hires. We also are all present in an environment where when news of any kind breaks, most of us are getting emails (which show up on preview screens on many of our smart phones saying BREAKING NEWS), or tweets, or FB News alerts. And on top of THAT, there are posters here who generally take glee in posting these updates damn near in real time, as soon as they happen, on multiple threads on this board. And failing THAT, many of us are members of other boards, where 995ers post the news directly. And despite all of those multiple safety nets that exist for people here to get updated news, and for breaking news to be posted here damn near immediately, someone asking "Hey, any news recently" is just one of the stupidest fucking things I can imagine.

Any insider who had news they were going to share would have shared it. Any insider who knew something and wasn't going to share it, for whatever reason, isn't suddenly having their mind changed by a dipshit asking "Hey, anything new?" Particularly when the poster in question is basically wondering in the middle of a movie with a turkey leg hanging half eaten out of his mouth going "So, uh guys, anyone heard anything new?" He's the walking Vincent Vega gif from pulp fiction regardless of what background is imposed. 

You shitpost to EVERYONE because you're an an unintelligent idiot who is literally incapable of any other kind of posting. 

Your simple question was fucking stupid, for reasons I've outlined above.

Stay Mad GIFs | Tenor

Immamac should create frequent reading rep just for trudging through that type of shit. Ignore may sound good, but there is the possibility of missing context in a must see slap fight, or fatwa! It could even have a positive side benefit of helping keep down the JAQoff shit. Who am I kidding, this is Surly after all.

51 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Your simple question was fucking stupid, for reasons I've outlined directly above, as well as in my initial sarcastic response to your stupid fucking question. 

Wonder/Wander... Whatever.

lebowski-wander.gif.73031292a6405f3a983325a9e9954445.gif

7 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

Any idea on who Saban is looking to hire at OC?

There are some interesting names I saw thrown around; Greg Roman, Jeff Scott, Scott Frost, Dan Mullen, Jeff Lebby, Joe Brady, and Kliff.

Although I feel like Lebby and Kliff don't really fit what Saban likes from his OCs.

And of course those initial list always tend to have dream candidates.

From OU 247, re: Lebby/Bama.

DrummBeat: Here is what we have heard on Lebby

Brandon Drumm

Spoiler

Brandon Drumm

1. I’m told Jimmy Sexton is the agent for BV, Saban and Lebby. One source said, “Sexton is like the puppeteer of college football right now. He has most of the big-names in CFB, and he can put pieces where he sees fit.”

That said, the fact BV is also under the same agent allows him to be in the know, and from what I’m told Bama has sniffed around quite a bit. Sources also say that Lebby had stood strong, up this point, that he would like to stay at OU.

2. However, sources also say Bama hasn’t taken no for a answer and I’m told they are still trying to kick the tires around a bit with Lebby. Will that come into play at some point and make OU have to make a financial move or change some things up around the program to keep Lebby (stuff that might benefit OU/and I don’t know what that would be, but term has been stated to me)? Or, does Lebby feel his next move needs to be as a head coach — which he has turned down Louisiana and FAU behind the scenes, per sources.

We tend to think it’s the latter and that Lebby sees himself moving on at some point as a coach running his own program, not as an OC elsewhere.

3. If there was a program that could end up swaying Lebby to take a sideways move or small step up, it would be Saban and the Crimson Tide. Still, sources continue to state, “He doesn’t want to leave his alma mater like it is and wants to get it back going in the right direction before he moves on,” the source said. “He also doesn’t want to leave the players that stayed to play for him like DG, Farooq and Arnold — who came to play for him. So, if you had to have me pick, I say he stays.”

That’s what I have. If we start to hear things are moving in another direction, we will update you all.

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Brandon Drumm

Reveal hidden contents

Brandon Drumm

1. I’m told Jimmy Sexton is the agent for BV, Saban and Lebby. One source said, “Sexton is like the puppeteer of college football right now. He has most of the big-names in CFB, and he can put pieces where he sees fit.”

That said, the fact BV is also under the same agent allows him to be in the know, and from what I’m told Bama has sniffed around quite a bit. Sources also say that Lebby had stood strong, up this point, that he would like to stay at OU.

2. However, sources also say Bama hasn’t taken no for a answer and I’m told they are still trying to kick the tires around a bit with Lebby. Will that come into play at some point and make OU have to make a financial move or change some things up around the program to keep Lebby (stuff that might benefit OU/and I don’t know what that would be, but term has been stated to me)? Or, does Lebby feel his next move needs to be as a head coach — which he has turned down Louisiana and FAU behind the scenes, per sources.

We tend to think it’s the latter and that Lebby sees himself moving on at some point as a coach running his own program, not as an OC elsewhere.

3. If there was a program that could end up swaying Lebby to take a sideways move or small step up, it would be Saban and the Crimson Tide. Still, sources continue to state, “He doesn’t want to leave his alma mater like it is and wants to get it back going in the right direction before he moves on,” the source said. “He also doesn’t want to leave the players that stayed to play for him like DG, Farooq and Arnold — who came to play for him. So, if you had to have me pick, I say he stays.”

That’s what I have. If we start to hear things are moving in another direction, we will update you all.

That man sure has a way with words 

25 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Brandon Drumm

Reveal hidden contents

Brandon Drumm

The tug of war over Lebby is hilarious, Alabama or OU his offense kinda sucks.

• Hook 'Em 3

57 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

Any idea on who Saban is looking to hire at OC?

I'm sure Geoff Ketchum will have all the details for your shortly. 

12 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

The tug of war over Lebby is hilarious, Alabama or OU his offense kinda sucks.

He's better than O'Brien. That being said, if Lebby wants to move onto HC at someplace that isn't FAU or Louisiana, I would think a few years under the master program builder and GOAT would probably look good on his resume, not to mention the actual experience understanding of how a major program gets run, and what that looks like and entails. A year under Lane Kiffin and a few years at Baylor without the key element of institutionalized rape, not to mention a year under Skeletor in HIS first year doesn't exactly scream "I've got this Head Coach gig all figured out."

• Hook 'Em 2

FCB on the WR coach search

— We’ve mentioned Steve Sarkisian’s search for a receivers coach has included Chris Jackson, the receivers coach for the Jacksonville Jaguars, who has connections to Jeff Banks (college teammates at Washington State) and to Margin Hooks, a prominent Texas-based trainer of receivers who has worked with 2022 five-star Evan Stewart (Texas A&M); 2023 five-star Johntay Cook (early enrollee at Texas), Isaiah Neyor (Texas) and is currently working with 2024 five-star and UT target Micah Hudson.

According to a source close to the situation, Sarkisian is also considering Indiana co-offensive coordinator/receivers coach Adam Henry, who was a quality control coach on offense for the Oakland Raiders under Sarkisian colleague Lane Kiffin back in 2007 and 2008 before becoming the receivers coach at LSU (2012-14), where he coached Odell Beckham Jr. and Jarvis Landry.

Henry's reputation as a strong developer of talent led to him being hired in 2015 as the receivers coach of the San Francisco 49ers under Jim Tomsula, who was fired after one season.

Henry was reunited with Beckham in 2016 when Henry was hired as the New York Giants’ receivers coach under Ben McAdoo - a season in which Beckham had a career-high 101 receptions for 1,367 yards and 10 touchdowns, earning his third straight Pro Bowl trip.

In 2017, Beckham suffered a season-ending ankle injury four games into the year, the Giants finished 3-13 and McAdoo was fired.

In 2018, Henry was hired as receivers coach with the Cleveland Browns, where would be reunited with both Landry and Beckham. Landry went to his fourth and fifth Pro Bowls in 2018 (81 catches, 976 yards, 4 TDs) and 2019 (83 catches, 1,174 yards, 6 TDs). Beckham arrived in Cleveland in 2019, catching 74 passes for 1,035 yards and four TDs before coach Freddie Kitchens was fired.

In 2020 and 2021, Henry was the receivers coach of the Dallas Cowboys, working with Amari Cooper, who had a career-high 92 receptions for 1,114 yards and five touchdowns in 2020; and with CeeDee Lamb, who went to his first Pro Bowl in 2021 with 79 catches for 1,102 yards and six touchdowns.

Following the 2021 season, Henry moved on from the Cowboys due to a personal matter, according to a source, and became the co-offensive coordinator and receivers coach at Indiana.

Sarkisian has made it clear in talking to candidates for the receivers coaching job that he is looking for an experienced, strong receivers coach who can connect with all kinds of personalities. My NFL sources say Jackson and Henry both check those boxes. One source said Henry might be waiting to see if an NFL opportunity opened up before making any final decisions.

Stay tuned.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

— We’ve mentioned Steve Sarkisian’s search for a receivers coach has included Chris Jackson, the receivers coach for the Jacksonville Jaguars, who has connections to Jeff Banks (college teammates at Washington State) and to Margin Hooks, a prominent Texas-based trainer of receivers who has worked with 2022 five-star Evan Stewart (Texas A&M); 2023 five-star Johntay Cook (early enrollee at Texas), Isaiah Neyor (Texas) and is currently working with 2024 five-star and UT target Micah Hudson.

According to a source close to the situation, Sarkisian is also considering Indiana co-offensive coordinator/receivers coach Adam Henry, who was a quality control coach on offense for the Oakland Raiders under Sarkisian colleague Lane Kiffin back in 2007 and 2008 before becoming the receivers coach at LSU (2012-14), where he coached Odell Beckham Jr. and Jarvis Landry.

Henry's reputation as a strong developer of talent led to him being hired in 2015 as the receivers coach of the San Francisco 49ers under Jim Tomsula, who was fired after one season.

Henry was reunited with Beckham in 2016 when Henry was hired as the New York Giants’ receivers coach under Ben McAdoo - a season in which Beckham had a career-high 101 receptions for 1,367 yards and 10 touchdowns, earning his third straight Pro Bowl trip.

In 2017, Beckham suffered a season-ending ankle injury four games into the year, the Giants finished 3-13 and McAdoo was fired.

In 2018, Henry was hired as receivers coach with the Cleveland Browns, where would be reunited with both Landry and Beckham. Landry went to his fourth and fifth Pro Bowls in 2018 (81 catches, 976 yards, 4 TDs) and 2019 (83 catches, 1,174 yards, 6 TDs). Beckham arrived in Cleveland in 2019, catching 74 passes for 1,035 yards and four TDs before coach Freddie Kitchens was fired.

In 2020 and 2021, Henry was the receivers coach of the Dallas Cowboys, working with Amari Cooper, who had a career-high 92 receptions for 1,114 yards and five touchdowns in 2020; and with CeeDee Lamb, who went to his first Pro Bowl in 2021 with 79 catches for 1,102 yards and six touchdowns.

Following the 2021 season, Henry moved on from the Cowboys due to a personal matter, according to a source, and became the co-offensive coordinator and receivers coach at Indiana.

Sarkisian has made it clear in talking to candidates for the receivers coaching job that he is looking for an experienced, strong receivers coach who can connect with all kinds of personalities. My NFL sources say Jackson and Henry both check those boxes. One source said Henry might be waiting to see if an NFL opportunity opened up before making any final decisions.

Stay tuned.

Oh…. So Sark is actually looking for a legit skillset for his WR coach and not just a name for recruiting? Shocking…. It’s almost like Sark has known what he wanted from the beginning and the 9.95ers keep adding bullshit names they are tight or familiar with while Sark keeps trying to find exactly what he wanted. Since we just had Jr day, the search can take a bit more time.

It is interesting how concepts tired to NIL is starting to influence recruiting. Now the RB/WR coach can’t just be a recruiter at schools with an NIL budget, but now have to develop kids foremost so recruits can see a path forward to make NIL $$ by excelling either here or elsewhere as a transfer. Now you have to have the foundational level skills after being recruited to ever score big NIL at the school you are at or a new landing spot.

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Stay tuned.

5 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

🤣

9 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

I don't follow the NFL at all anymore. Can someone tell me what makes either of those players's seasons "historic?" Because I looked up their stats and they seemed...somewhere on the spectrum between "Solid and Great." So...Good seasons?

Or maybe Mia O'Brien has no fucking concept what what the fuck Historic means?

• Hook 'Em 1